PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
And give up his entire draft to do it?
What capital
If one of them slips it certainly could be achieved. We’ve got enough comp picks coming that going all in to move up isn’t out of the realm of possibilities if you can snag one at 32.

I think now we need to trade up for Hockenson.

Not going to happen. Why is it that you push the panic button all the time? According to you, we needed Golden Tate, Humphries, Justin Houston, Odell Beckham, and now Hockenson?

Sorry I just feel this is the most obvious thing ever. I idea that most WR in any class don't or cant run/learn an option route is asinine.

Its earning 12's trust & thinking like him thats the hard part.

But trying to say only 3-4 WRS can run that route is absolutely false & fake news X 1000.

Yeah, the secret of the "complexity" of the Patriots offense isn't that it's some ridiculous thing lots of fans imagine that requires galaxy brains to understand wildly complex concepts as if it was rocket science. The Patriots offense is only more complicated than most pro or even college offenses in the degrees of freedom allowed on each play. Option routes aren't a new concept to any wide receiver entering the league, but it's the way the entire offense has been built around Brady's preferences and tendencies that puts a lot of strain on a receiver to get on the same page as the GOAT. Some uber-talented receivers with high football IQ like Moss, Welker, Edelman, or Gordon got there right away. Others take time, and a lot never do.

Not going to happen. Why is it that you push the panic button all the time? According to you, we needed Golden Tate, Humphries, Justin Houston, Odell Beckham, and now Hockenson?
I like good players.

Hey, don’t disrespect Chris Conley like that!

Wesco, eh? Don't forget who taught Yoda his tricks. :D

Definite tip of the hat to you. Trouble is, with a 4.89 forty, I wonder if he can be much more than a blocking TE. He's damn good at that though.

Im aware I felt it was a little different since as opposed to talking about the draft this is more of a I can't expect a splash signing.

Thanks for sharing your journal entry. :p

Just as important, when does Gronk's cap space become available?

In retrospect, BB probably was aware that Gronk intended to retire, or at least more than 50% sure he was and had taken that into consideration......A veteran TE will be needed to go with the currently acquired Matt LaCosse.....and if a top 3 TE falls in the first round of the draft he may pull the trigger...JMHO

In retrospect, BB probably was aware that Gronk intended to retire, or at least more than 50% sure he was and had taken that into consideration......A veteran TE will be needed to go with the currently acquired Matt LaCosse.....and if a top 3 TE falls in the first round of the draft he may pull the trigger...JMHO
We should also consider the possibility BB wanted to restructure his deal and that accelerated Gronk's decision to retire

Don’t we have a draft thread?

Just as important, when does Gronk's cap space become available?

Whenever the paperwork goes through that moves him to the reserve/retired list (which can be undone at any point).

Definite tip of the hat to you. Trouble is, with a 4.89 forty, I wonder if he can be much more than a blocking TE. He's damn good at that though.
That's a good time for a lineman, err TE, such as himself. He's like 270 lbs. Big, aggressive boy. Height might be an issue at 6'3. Reminds me of Isaiah Wynn though :)

That's a good time for a lineman, err TE, such as himself. He's like 270 lbs. Big, aggressive boy. Height might be an issue at 6'3. Reminds me of Isaiah Wynn though :)

I'd prefer a bit more length too for an inline TE although check out West vs Dwayne Allen's combines

D Allen

6'3" 255

4-89 forty
32" bj
110" vj
7.12 3-cone
4.37 shuttle
27 reps

T Wesco

6'3" 267
4.89 forty
31" bj
117" vj
7.18 3cone
4.38 shuttle
24 reps

West has more mass and longer arms but aside from that, they're very similar. That's made me feel better about Wesco as a blocking TE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3