PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Dominique Easley Enigma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming from Jeff Fisher, I'd consider that the kiss of death.

It's pretty crazy to think the Pats got rid of 2 productive 1st round DL picks last off-season + an All-Pro LB a month into the season, yet still led the league in PPG allowed and won a Super Bowl.

So what the hell happened with this guy? Apparently he was never officially reprimanded for any one transgression but was accused for being unprofessional. We never hear any thing he actually did or said, or any plays he took off, and yet when he was released he was called "a locker room cancer". It was a shocker to see him released and the explanations were always vague and unsatisfying. We infact took another $1m ish hit on the cap just for releasing him.

He's now apparently considered our biggest first round bust in history.

What's the worst 1st-round pick in Patriots' history?

And yet at the same time, we have Fisher saying Easley was a great player and great teammate. And now after a productive season at the Rams, being graded almost 80 by PFF, being healthy for a full season, and being graded a top 20 defensive tackle, he's being chased by a few teams. Falcons are considering him, as our Raiders and Rams and he'll get a good deal

Five Free Agents The Falcons Need To Consider To Stay On Top In NFC

2017 Raiders Free Agent Preview: DT Dominique Easley

What the hell happened with Easley. So he rehabbed himself instead of listening to Patriots trainers. Gronk does that too. So what? I just don't understand why we released him, and why he "wasn't a good fit" whatever that means. Apparently his on the field play was fine. And apparently he's still productive at another team. Had a good season.

I just never understood what happened here.............

You got me. Why trust the judgement of one of the greatest coaching staffs in sports ? I don't care and I can't stand it..

:rolleyes:

He was good, but I thought the pick was stupid honestly. Most of his game revolved around his crazy burst and leg drive but he already had like 2 or 3 acl injuries. So it wasn't really shocking when he had more lower body injuries etc. Just as bad as the Dowling pick. Dowling was pretty great but he was literally beat up his entire senior season.

These guys would never stop playing football at the risk of losing money/draft status, but some of these college guys need way more time than they have to physically recover before even taking a step onto a nfl practice field.

You are describing Gronk as well. If you consistently draft at the end of the rounds then injury history/concerns are usually the only way some of those "special talents" slip down to be in your reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST