PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THE BROOKLYN NETS THREAD

Last edited:
19 and 50 tied with the suns.
yea really hoping the suns can keep winning a couple games... except against us this week of course. would definitely be satisfied if we ended up with the 3 slot

I hope Phoenix continues to win, including vs the Cs. Every ping-pong ball is precious.

Nets have won 2 games in a row ... more and more likely pre lottery ball pick #4.

Good news is Dallas now has the pre lottery ball pick #13 ... up from 15/16.
Could be pick 12 as they are tied with the Wizards at .486 with 35 wins.
They have no shot of getting to pick 11 so 12 is the best we can hope for.
There are 3 teams with 36 victories so it will come down to the wire.

Nets have announced that they're shutting down Brook Lopez and Thaddeus Young for the remainder of the season. That's 35 pts and 17 rebounds per games gone.

the nets are 21 and 55. the suns are 20 and 56. there's still a chance the Celtics can get the 3 spot. those injuries to the nets could really help.

Suns end 7-game skid with 124-115 win over Rockets... :D:D:D
Mirza Teletovic scored 26 points off the bench, P.J. Tucker added 24 and the Phoenix Suns dealt another blow to the Houston Rockets' dwindling playoff chances with a 124-115 victory on Thursday

Suns: 21-58
Nets: 21-57

Nets have 4 very loseable games remaining ... Charlotte - Indiana - Washington - Toronto

Suns have 2/3 very winnable games remaining ... New Orleans - Sacramento - Los Angeles.

2015-16 NBA Conference Standings

Last edited:
Well, I think we can trust that the Suns aren't beating the Clippers. Or did you think they we're playing the Lakers?

Well, I think we can trust that the Suns aren't beating the Clippers. Or did you think they we're playing the Lakers?
Went to fast ... I will edit ... i got excited ...
Picking 3 or 4 is not a huge deal but if one or more teams moves into the top 3 like what happened to us years ago then we're screwed and I'd rather have 3 to be pretty well assured of having 4 if we don't get 1 or 2.

Well, at least the Suns won. Alone in third for the moment.

I'm generally not with the conspiracy theorists but it has seemed like the top pick has been going to a place where the league needs to shore up regional support each year (I realize by definition any team in the lottery is bad, but those ping pong balls just seem to be jumping a little funny

This year I'd say the league priority should be to shore up the money driving teams in LA and NYC but obviously the NYC teams are out of the running

I'm predicting a Lakers #1 pick

Let's see if I'm right

I'm generally not with the conspiracy theorists but it has seemed like the top pick has been going to a place where the league needs to shore up regional support each year (I realize by definition any team in the lottery is bad, but those ping pong balls just seem to be jumping a little funny

This year I'd say the league priority should be to shore up the money driving teams in LA and NYC but obviously the NYC teams are out of the running

Let's see if I'm right
Amusingly, if the Lakers end up outside the top 3, they lose the pick to the 76ers.

Amusingly, if the Lakers end up outside the top 3, they lose the pick to the 76ers.

I think the powers that be in the NBA have figured out that any picks given to the 76ers are a waste.

The Celtics are at least 2 star players away from being a contender and the truth is, through no one's fault but bad luck, that might never happen for them

But I much prefer the Ainge/Stevens approach to at least teaching these guys how to win

The Sixers have taught their players how to tank, and it shows

Lakers will have the #1 pick with Kobe retiring - but that is certainly an amusing thought if it did happen - but it won't

Let's see if I'm right
Way too much strength in the West ... So looking at it from your angle ...
I feel the NBA would want that top pick or 2nd pick to Celtics and Orlando ... outside shot to the Bucks but that market sucks.
The top east market in the lottery scenario is Boston ... if there's a back room sneaky deal ... then it's our turn to get one as we have been screwed before.
The 76 er's are stocked already with current talent and $60 million in cap space ... they don't need a deal.
A return to the Laker / Celtic days would be great for the NBA ... so top 2 picks Celtics/Lakers works for them also.

Way too much strength in the West ... So looking at it from your angle ...
I feel the NBA would want that top pick or 2nd pick to Celtics and Orlando ... outside shot to the Bucks but that market sucks.
The top east market in the lottery scenario is Boston ... if there's a back room sneaky deal ... then it's our turn to get one as we have been screwed before.
The 76 er's are stocked already with current talent and $60 million in cap space ... they don't need a deal.
A return to the Laker / Celtic days would be great for the NBA ... so top 2 picks Celtics/Lakers works for them also.

I like your thinking! I just think that with the Lakers being at the bottom of the barrel already PLUS losing Kobe to retirement now (which is all that kept LA fans the least bit interested) - AND with the west being so tough with Golden State and others, assuming the draft is fixed, the first pick would go to the Lakers

While the Celts do need and deserve the extra help of a #1, if they don't get it, they're still a very competitive team and fans continue to tune in and support the organization already

LA has been spoiled for a long time but it's a huge media market and I think the powers that be will want to prioritize having the Lakers return to a competitive team

I like your thinking! I just think that with the Lakers being at the bottom of the barrel already PLUS losing Kobe to retirement now (which is all that kept LA fans the least bit interested) - AND with the west being so tough with Golden State and others, assuming the draft is fixed, the first pick would go to the Lakers

While the Celts do need and deserve the extra help of a #1, if they don't get it, they're still a very competitive team and fans continue to tune in and support the organization already

LA has been spoiled for a long time but it's a huge media market and I think the powers that be will want to prioritize having the Lakers return to a competitive team
Hey, I'll take #2.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back