PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The battle for the top seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPats

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Still 6 games left, but it looks like the clear frontrunners are the Patriots and the Ravens. We still have the lead on them because we only have 1 loss to their 2, but they hold the tiebreaker. Patriots have Dallas, @ Houston, vs. KC, @ Cincinnati, vs. Buffalo, vs. Miami. I look at those games and I see AT WORST 13-3. But I think 14-2 is probably the most likely. If they somehow lose 3 of their last 6 they don't deserve top seed anyway. The Patriots can probably still get a bye with 12-4 though. Although I wouldn't test those waters. 14-2 is a good bet for NE I think. The next 3 games are going to be a challenge, but the last 3 don't concern too much, even with Buffalo there. I'm still not convinced the Bills are a legit contender.

Baltimore has @ LA Rams, vs. San Francisco, @ Buffalo, vs. NY Jets, @ Cleveland, @ Pittsburgh. I think their schedule is just slightly more difficult. 4 road games and the only real "easy" game being against the Jets. The 49ers are going to be tough and the Steelers and Browns are divisional opponents who definitely won't make it easy on Baltimore. I see Baltimore going at best 5-1, but more likely 4-2 down the stretch.

My prediction is NE finishes 14-2, Baltimore finishes 12-4. I still like the Patriots for the top seed. They just have to execute well and play well. They have 4 home games left and Baltimore only has 2, so that should be an advantage too.

I know Baltimore offense is getting all accolades but their defense has surprised me. Peters is exactly what they needed. They are playing really well in all three phases. They will be a tough out. They are the team I did not see coming. All my attention was on the Chiefs.
Yesterday's demolition of the Texans was an eye opener. I thought Houston was going to play them tough.

Still 6 games left, but it looks like the clear frontrunners are the Patriots and the Ravens. We still have the lead on them because we only have 1 loss to their 2, but they hold the tiebreaker. Patriots have Dallas, @ Houston, vs. KC, @ Cincinnati, vs. Buffalo, vs. Miami. I look at those games and I see AT WORST 13-3. But I think 14-2 is probably the most likely. If they somehow lose 3 of their last 6 they don't deserve top seed anyway. The Patriots can probably still get a bye with 12-4 though. Although I wouldn't test those waters. 14-2 is a good bet for NE I think. The next 3 games are going to be a challenge, but the last 3 don't concern too much, even with Buffalo there. I'm still not convinced the Bills are a legit contender.

Baltimore has @ LA Rams, vs. San Francisco, @ Buffalo, vs. NY Jets, @ Cleveland, @ Pittsburgh. I think their schedule is just slightly more difficult. 4 road games and the only real "easy" game being against the Jets. The 49ers are going to be tough and the Steelers and Browns are divisional opponents who definitely won't make it easy on Baltimore. I see Baltimore going at best 5-1, but more likely 4-2 down the stretch.

My prediction is NE finishes 14-2, Baltimore finishes 12-4. I still like the Patriots for the top seed. They just have to execute well and play well. They have 4 home games left and Baltimore only has 2, so that should be an advantage too.

The Ravens look very Daunting their Run game with Lamar Jackson and Ingram is almost impossible to stop. The thing as good as they are IF Lamar gets hurt everything comes crashing down. We just need to hold serve and get home field. Until this Offense figures it out I can't see this squad going on the Road in The Payoffs and wining. We are a somewhat lacking from a talent stand point on Offense we lost a lot beef and some talented skill position players like AB and Gordon recently.

The Texans looked pretty bad yesterday. I was not impressed by Watson at all. He looked like he did not know what to do with himself in the pocket. So many times, he scrambled around only to get sacked. I was screaming at him to throw the ball away or tuck it and run.

The Texans looked pretty bad yesterday. I was not impressed by Watson at all. He looked like he did not know what to do with himself in the pocket. So many times, he scrambled around only to get sacked. I was screaming at him to throw the ball away or tuck it and run.

How about giving it up the Ravens D?? IF they can sack a mobile QB 6times I can't even imagine what they would do to Brady behind this line.

Baltimore is definitely showing that they are no joke. While I agree that I'd rather have our schedule than theirs, there isn't much room for comfort. I would not enjoy a playoff game in Baltimore even though ironically they are the one team that doesn't fear playing on the road in Gillette either.

How about giving it up the Ravens D?? IF they can sack a mobile QB 6times I can't even imagine what they would do to Brady behind this line.

Did you watch the game? It was mostly Watson refusing to give up on the play. Brady would have thrown the ball away instead of take the sack.

You missed the game before the Eagles game?

I saw it we weren't going to Beat them on that night our Entire D was on constantly their @sses. The Raven were killing us in Time of Possession. And Because of their Daunting Run Game their TE's and WR's were killing us on crossing routes. The Ravens RPO is lethal with a healthy Lamar Jackson.

Lamar Jackson. . . I've seen this movie before with Michael Vick. At the end of the day, they're just flash in the pans.

Ravens peaked too soon....they are going to lose 2 of the next 3....I believe they will lose at Buffalo

The ravens last game is home vs Pittsburgh. I agree with your overall assessment though 14-2 for us and 12-4 for Baltimore.

Looking for to the next 3 games and how we make it out, would gladly take 2-1 right now

I saw it we weren't going to Beat them on that night our Entire D was on constantly their @sses. The Raven were killing us in Time of Possession. And Because of their Daunting Run Game their TE's and WR's were killing us on crossing routes. The Ravens RPO is lethal with a healthy Lamar Jackson.

And yet, if not for Edelman's fumble that game could have gone the other way. That's in spite of the fact that the Ratbirds got an extra week of rest and to prepare for the Pats. You're right though, a rematch won't be easy if it comes to that.

And still...and still, the Pats could have won it. I think the Edelman fumble killed the comeback. Penalties and mistakes beat the Pats more than the Ravens. Ravens gave them a much needed clinic on what to work on.

Ravens still have a loss or two in them. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them lose to the Bills. Or even next week against the Rams.

Pats have three gimmies to end the year

It's pretty clear cut...the Pats are 9-1 with 6 to play...four of those being at Gillette. The #3-#4 seeds in the AFC all have 4 losses already.

The problem isn't the #3-#4 seeds, it's Buffalo who is 7-3 today. It's division first...then conference.

Bills remaining schedule: DEN, @DAL, BAL, @PIT, @NE, NYJ

Patriots remaining schedule: DAL, @HOU, KC, @CIN, BUF, MIA

We need the Bills to drop 1-2 more games before I get comfortable....I hope they lose to the Cowboys in Dallas and the Ravens at home in the next 3 weeks while we battle the Cowboys, @ Texans, and Chiefs....and emerge from that gauntlet at least 2-1....

That being said...even a 1-2 run in the next 3 would leave us at 10-3 with @CIN, BUF, and MIA left on the schedule...most likely we would be 11-3 going into the Bills game..and could still clinch the AFCE in week 16...and a BYE in week 17.

Perhaps, but that won't help us THIS year, if he isn't injured.

Lamar Jackson. . . I've seen this movie before with Michael Vick. At the end of the day, they're just flash in the pans.

We need the Bills to drop 1-2 more games before I get comfortable....I hope they lose to the Cowboys in Dallas and the Ravens at home in the next 3 weeks

WHAT???

I understand division first, but we play Buffalo at home. A win in that one and you've got a four game lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes