PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The battle for the top seed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Jackson can be stopped. I don't think Mahomes can. It comes down to that for me. I know there's more than just the QB. But meh.

Mahomes is a scary QB, you're certainly right to not underestimate him. But that being said, we've stopped him - completely - for an entire half of football before, in his own house, when they were better on offense and we were worse on defense.

Jackson has an entire, unique offense built around him that is such a hard battle at the LOS. Their RB can run on us, too. They just match up better against our defense's weakness. And Jackson, whatever his longevity may be, is currently playing at a ridiculous level.

Let me be clear, I think we'll beat both. Especially if the Ravens come to our house, I will LOVE to see Collins just catch Lamar trying to be pretty and long-jump his ass into the dirt (all the while not giving him an injury because it's not cool to wish injury on other players.

Except maybe Pollard. Still hate that useless player.)

But as it stands, I would rather face the Chiefs. Who knows, I might change my time if we face them and have a rough outing. But that's my take.

I want Baltimore to lose a few more games. But I want them to be the 2 seed over KC. If the Chiefs beat us, well I don't see another loss anywhere on their schedule. It also appears their defense is getting better. Or maybe Rivers is just that bad.

Would you rather travel to Baltimore for the Championship game. Or, host KC at home? I know most will say you take the home game. But I still think KC is a bigger threat if they get a 2 seed. This isn't even mentioning the fact KC could still potentially get the 1 seed.
Yes, Rivers is just that bad.

I think Jackson can be stopped. I don't think Mahomes can. It comes down to that for me. I know there's more than just the QB. But meh.
Is that what you are thinking of as you reach for the hand lotion sitting on your nightstand next to the roll of toilet paper while you stare at the poster of Mahomes in a speedo hanging on the wall in front of your bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft