PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The all Patriot Hater Team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Steve Young is no Pats hater. He has gushed about them at length. But all someone needs to do is say one thing that is viewed as being anything but complimentary about the Pats and it makes them a hater in the eyes of some people here no matter how many nice things that person said before. There must be 100% loyalty or that person gets added to the list as a hater.

No...only people like YOU, Trollvara, who has NEVER printed ONE complimentary thing about the NE Patriots on this board...you see, most of us are normal fans like any fans of any other teams across the country....YOU, on the other hand , are a pathological, near insane with jealousy loser who haunts this board every day with your peculiar brand of envious, disingenuous Patriot hatred.

Last edited:
I've only heard Steve Young rant on several occations about how the Patriots are the best-run organization in pro sports. I hear him all the time on the radio in the bay area where I live. If he's a hater, its news to me.

I agree.... Also, Faulk has said a few nice things, as well as Marino, Collingsworth and several others on the list, including Costas.

I think these guys definitely admire what the Pats have done this year and even Marino, although he appears grudging in his respect, does acknowledge TB and his skills in the pocket - finding the open man, etc...

Although I'm an ardent NE fan, I think we should cut some of the guys a little slack.. Take Marino... He is a great QB, there is no question. But it must burn him inside each time to look at TB and his rings. The one chance he got, he was up against the great Joe Montana.

I don't see Florio as a hater. He's defended the Patriots many, many times. He's a lot like Peter King, in that he's a weak person who will never pass up a chance to show his morality. PFT also has the approach of analyzing every last bit of NFL news in excruciating detail, which contributes as well.

I'd also like to reinforce the Rich Eisen pick. He proclaimed the Patriots dynasty dead after they lost to Denver in the 2005 playoffs. Ha!

I don't think you read PFT every day.

Go back and read his live blog from the Chargers game. Practically ****ting himself when he thought they might win the game.

Plus the virtual DAILY digs on his one per club links.

A month ago he opined with hope about the "Packers chopping down their (the Patriots) bean stalk in the Super Bowl".

His over reaction to the Randy Moss restraining order...proclaiming there was "More. A lot more." to the situation.

He argued for a ******* asterisk to this season at one point after Spygate.

He's a hater.

Last edited:
No...only people like YOU, Trollvara, who has NEVER printed ONE complimentary thing about the NE Patriots on this board...you see, most of us are normal fans like any fans of any other teams across the country....YOU, on the other hand , are a pathological, near insane with jealousy loser who haunts this board every day with your peculiar brand of envious, disingenuous Patriot hatred.

Sanvara will not answer this...although we should make her since we've allowed her to post so much and so long on our board. The question is,
"When was the last time Sanvara complimented the Patriots on this board?"

as a follow-up, ...Question #2...

"Sanvara, do you hate the Patriots? and if so, why continue to post here?":D :D :D

Last edited:
I hate the Patriots because I don't think they're that good, they just win and it pisses me off because I just can't figure out why. lol. Sanavara probably feels the same way. The spygate incident probably answered a lot of questions but now the continuation of the season has disproven this. I hate the Raiders a TON more but I just don't like the Pats. I dislike them probably how you guys hated the Cowboys in the 90s. Now, to top it off you sign Randy Moss, the butts of our jokes about the Raiders although there was no questioning his talent. I just never liked Moss because he's always been a thug. I have no problem with Brady, except he's a bit of a media whore, Belicheck, or the rest of your team. I also just hate the Boston media.

But I think you could safely add me to the hater all time team. Can I start at QB?

It was briefly mentioned once but I am SHOCKED there hasn't been more talk about Shannon Sharpe. He is a HUGE Patriots hater. He picks against the Patriots every single time we play a decent opponent and even sometimes when we are playing an inferior opponent. This year towards the end of the season he actually started picking us to win but I'm sure it pained him greatly.

Keep in mind that the pregame commentators are SUPPOSED to be unbiased, so any recurring bias you pick up on (other than the fairly normal rooting for ones own team) is likely severe hatred in actuality.

Thats why Shannon Sharpe and Marshall Faulk are at the top of my list for Patriots haters.

I rarely watch Sunday Countdown on ESPN, so I don't see a lot of Jackson. Can someone enlighten me as to a few examples of why he's on top? (Just because I'm curious). I certainly remember the "they hate their coach" comment in 2003, but what else merits everyone agreeing he's the worst?

Besides the infamous "they hate their coach" comment, Jackson has constantly been picking the Patriots to lose for years, and then making excuses for teams that lost to the Pats after the game was played. Unless the game is against a very bad team that has almost no chance of winning, Jackson comes up with a reason for that other team to win. It is extremely rare that he says anything complimentary about the Patriots or any of their players; it is far more likely that he will point out some type of deficiency or comment on a play that didn't work.

The hater team should be reserved for those that should be unbiased - but are not. These are negative people with an agenda who use their profession to try to sway public opinion. Rather than gather information to form an opinion, they seek quotes and statistics to support their preconceived viewpoint. It is understandable how others may be jealous of the Patriots success, but when that jealousy becomes obsessive envy and turns to blind hatred, then logic is thrown out the window. In my opinion, Tom Jackson, Bill Plaschke, Ron Borges, and Gregg Easterbrook hold positions that call for unbiased opinions but instead offer only slanted, one-sided, prejudiced conclusions.

...Also, Faulk has said a few nice things,

Really?? I am quite surprised to read this. Can you give some examples? Did this happen recently?

Based on the many # of times that I have seen him on TV during the regular season, Marshall Faulk has always attempted to deride us and not give us credit.

I feel that anyone in the media that hasn't done an ounce of investigation into the Spygate incident, and uses it as a weapon against the Pats, is a true Hater. An Extreme Hater will bring up past victories and consider them tainted, which has been disproven by the Commish himself. It's sad, really, because all the Patriot fans are left with as a defense against the issue is to ask the accuser how the Pats cheated. That requires Pats fans to be well informed and have documentation/ proof backing up their defense. I feel as though the Patriot fans have been let down by the media in this instance, because they are the ones that are paid to investigate the truths of the story, not us.

I hate the Patriots because I don't think they're that good, they just win and it pisses me off because I just can't figure out why. lol. Sanavara probably feels the same way. The spygate incident probably answered a lot of questions but now the continuation of the season has disproven this. I hate the Raiders a TON more but I just don't like the Pats. I dislike them probably how you guys hated the Cowboys in the 90s. Now, to top it off you sign Randy Moss, the butts of our jokes about the Raiders although there was no questioning his talent. I just never liked Moss because he's always been a thug. I have no problem with Brady, except he's a bit of a media whore, Belicheck, or the rest of your team. I also just hate the Boston media.

But I think you could safely add me to the hater all time team. Can I start at QB?

Piss off baby blue balls...

Re: The all Patriot Hater Team....

P.S.: dam the Packers for not defeating the jints. I am sick to death of the manning-love and the NY bias already.

Oh nonononononononono...

This is about a million times better this way.

Can you imagine 14 straight days of FAVRE FAVRE ZOMG FAVRE!~!~~!?
Shoot me.

I hate the Patriots because I don't think they're that good, they just win and it pisses me off because I just can't figure out why.

"Maroney runs like he's staring at the sky" :rolleyes:

Oh you have GOT to be kidding with this "hater" stuff... every time I turn on a sports show it's all Patriots butt kissing, all the time. I swear Sean Salisbury wants to undergo a sex-change op in the hopes of having several Pats players' babies. Please, this poor little disrespected underdog act got old years ago.

The All-Patriots Butt Kissing Team:

1. Basically everbody on sports TV

Re: The all Patriot Hater Team....

Can you imagine 14 straight days of FAVRE FAVRE ZOMG FAVRE!~!~~!?

I would rather have that than 14 straight days of redneck scum Archie and his silver-spoon-fed seed Eli, with the obligatory Payaton commercials.

Whenever any jints blather/interviews/highlights appear, I change the channel. I am trying to pretend that the packers pulled out the victory. Besides the Cowgirls, the NJG are my 2nd least-favorite NFC team.

dont forget Bob Griese . . .

Arnie Spanyer on Sporting News Radio. He has been railing against the Patriots all week, saying they play in a weak division (Jets, Dolphins twice) while ignoring the fact we played 6 playoff teams as well (including Cowboys, Colts and Giants on the road). He also rants about Belichick being a cheater and really hopes the Pats lose. I can't stand listening to the guy.

Jemele Hill from ESPN...NOT a member of this illustrious team. First, she stuck up for BB. Yesterday, she writes that Brady is above criticism for the Moynihan thing. Now today, she says that the Raiders did Moss wrong worse than he did them wrong.

I bet she has Pete Prisco's, Tom Jackson's and Bill Plaschke's ( who by the way picked against the Pats again on ATH today:mad: ) collective blood boiling.

Drew Bledsoe, Lawyer Milloy and Deion Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back