PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Aaron Rodgers Argument

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think is obvious. I think Brady is better.

I can understand this. Perhaps I need to phrase it better. Rodgers is a more physically gifted passer with the way he can just flick the ball.

I can understand this. Perhaps I need to phrase it better. Rodgers is a more physically gifted passer with the way he can just flick the ball.
I'd rather have Brady's quick decision making than Rodgers' easy release if I'm honest. Brady may be a femtosecond later to get rid of the ball than Rodgers, but I'd trust Brady more of the two to be throwing the ball at the right target when he releases it.

I'd rather have Brady's quick decision making than Rodgers' easy release if I'm honest. Brady may be a femtosecond later to get rid of the ball than Rodgers, but I'd trust Brady more of the two to be throwing the ball at the right target when he releases it.

You go with the better Quarterback. That's Tom Brady.:)

4th and 3 with the season on the line, who's your quarterback? Anyone who says anything other than Brady is just plain wrong.

So..... Let's trade him, right?

Rodgers is amazing in terms of his ability to escape the pocket and extend plays 2-10 seconds and make those off-balance passes. This adds a dimension that Brady doesn't have. He also can run better than Brady.

Those two skills are what differentiate him from Brady. Oh, and his Hail Mary's are sick. He never gives up. Like Brady.

I have no hate for Rodgers, he's amazing like Brady. Better overall? Nah. But more athletic in the sense that Cam Newton is? Sure. Have to admit that. An overall excellent player.

Would I rather have him as the QB of the Patriots? Nope.

palmpts-jimmy-garoppolo-super-bowlinins-2-aaron-rodgers-super-bowl-13948066.png

I noticed the OP is saying that people in his office are saying this, not necessarily pointing to media.

Honestly dude, they're just trying to get a rise out of you. I've had people come up to me and say Fivehead was better, or Flacco is better. Laugh a bit. And ponder aloud how many rings you think Brady might get on his other hand.

If "The Great" Aaron Rodgers lost two of his fingers in a cheese cutting competition he would still never win enough SB's to fill up one hand with SB rings.

All the disrespect towards Aaron Rodgers in this thread is truly unbelievable. He once threw a pass to a wide open guy twenty yards down field during a playoff game that "no QB in NFL history could have thrown".:eek:

He has been labeled by none other than Joe F'ing Buck himself as "The Great Aaron Rodgers". And so shall he be known.

Does anyone here have the balls to call Sir Elton John just Elton John?? I thought not.

Do we refer to Vanilla ice (Matty's illegitimate brother apparently) as Robert Van Winkle?? Of course not.

Let's show some respect people. The guy practically invented the "I'll run around back here and you go get open" play. Pure Genius. Awesome. Pre-snap reads?? Who needs them?

God bless you TGAR.

Like I say to everyone, "You STILL have to make the throws". I hear from Atlanta fans or hater fans, "The Pats didn't win, the Falcons lost." Or "The Falcons choked."

BUT, you still have to take advantage of the so-called gifts given to you on bad play calling or bad clock management. Brady makes clutch plays, period, that's what makes him the greatest. Look at the come from behind drives vs Atlanta and vs Seattle, Brady makes some incredibly clutch throws. In overtime, the throw to Amendola on the deep curl route was insanely perfect. Not many QBs make that throw due to the enormity of the situation (SB OT). Look at a similar play Ryan was trying to make to Gabriel late in the 4th trying to get Atlanta some yards to get closer for a field goal. On 3rd down and 33, he misses on that pass to Gabriel (who was open), and they have to punt and give the ball back to the Pats.

Look at that throw to Hogan on the comeback pattern in OT. That took BALLS to make that throw. Shows how much confidence Brady has in himself, and in his receivers. His clutchness (if that's a word) is what makes Brady the best of all time. He makes great throws in the clutch.

There were two throws to Hogan that took months of training for both Brady and Hogan. Those throws were thrown before Hogan made his cut. And they were on the money.

We shouldn't malign Rodgers simply because he hasn't had the career that Brady has had. He's a GREAT QB, just not the greatEST. But that is because being a QB is more than just how good physically you are. Rodgers can physically do things that Brady can't do. That's fair. I also think it would be fair to say Rodger combines the mental part of the game better than any of the other so called, "athletic QB's". Finally it would be fair to say (as someone else pointed out), there have been seasons where he's had better years than Brady.

However that being said, Brady's career in it's entirety (to date) is far better than what Rodgers has accomplished. His leadership, his ability to get the best out of his players, and make those players better, has been well documented. That is not to say Rodger's isn't good at those qualities, but just not quite to the level Brady has reached. NO one has reached those levels, and that is why he's the GOAT.

Yeah i always have this debate with buddies and then our tommy keeps winning rings and i never hear a peep from them. Rodgers is good but people are overinfatuated with his cheap running around like a squirrel and getting points for making the defense offsides.

The whole "Rodgers is physically gifted" is so annoyingly stupid. Who cares? How much success has that gotten him when the games actually matter? Reached & won 1 SuperBowl in 9 seasons played? Cute.

Cam Newton is more "physically gifted" than both of them. And it means nothing.

From 2010+ excluding his Super Bowl season Rodgers is 6-6. Doesn't sound too good.

The problem with that argument is for the same 7 years, excluding the 2 SB winning years Brady is 5-5 in the playoffs. Simply put pretty much the only way to have an impressive playoff record is to win the Super Bowl.

Interesting exercise..... Remove their Super Bowl winning seasons, playoff record:
Ton Brady: 10-9
Peyton Manning: 7-13

Having the record for most one-and-dones will do that to you.....

I just don't get it. Why do many national media pundits still think Aaron Rodgers is the best quarterback now and of all time?

It still boggles my mind. I mean, are people that starved to put up a contrarian point of view against Brady? People are always so eager to hype 'the next guy' and put far more weight on someone's potential versus looking at others have already done.

I realize I'm preaching to the choir on this forum, but I think the argument ends with this statement that is true..........

Aaron Rodgers can only dream about doing what Tom Brady has already done.

Think about that, Aaron Rodgers would have to be insanely fortunate to win 5 titles, a feat already achieved by Tom Brady.

Sure, I could understand the 'want for a debate' if Brady's best years were behind him. Because (unrightly so), people always put more emphasis on the 'here and now' than the past, but in this argument Brady wins both the PAST and the HERE AND NOW! It's not like all of his titles and regular season success came 10 years ago. Brady is still going strong and continues to (obviously winning two of the last three titles).

And this rant is coming from someone who actually really likes Aaron Rodgers. I've said on this forum a few times before that the Packers are my 'nfc team' and that I really enjoyed watching Favre play and now Rodgers. But for people to try to elevate him over Brady is just plain crazy.

Sorry, had to vent.

Brady is just that polarizing, people will try any argument to suggest he's not the best because they're so sick of him.

The Colts board mid-season was amusing in their MVP thread.. they were saying how guys like Derek Carr, Matt Stafford (lol), Matt Ryan, Dak Prescott (lol!!!), Rodgers, etc were all better QBS and more deserving of the MVP than Brady

They're convinced that Belichick has a magical system that you can plug any average idiot with a pulse into it and they'll put up Brady's numbers and be as successful as him

I actually strongly dislike Aaron Rodgers and have since he entered the league. He's incredibly arrogant and ****y, he's obviously obsessed with himself, he thinks he invented his stupid little championship belt celebration that he used on those state farm commercials despite that dating back to the WWE days and Boxing, you know, sports that actually have belts...
This is the same idiot that when he won his only super bowl, was up at the podium with a WWE style belt celebrating himself

He's a great QB no doubt, but it goes to show you how much winning can generate so much disdain that people are willing to overlook others obvious flaws and lift them up in spite of someone else..

I don't know anything about Rodgers family life that has caused such a disconnect, but I will say that it's very odd for someone to literally have no communication with his family whatsoever...

It use to bother and frustrate me that people would harp on Brady about so many things to paint him in a bad light when all he has ever done for 17 years in the league is be an upstanding, classy and respectful ambassador to the NFL. He never negs opponents, he's alway respectful of them.. he always deflects praise away from himself onto teammates when things are going well, and shoulders all the blame when things don't go well... he handles himself with class and dignity off the field, is heavily involved in charities and has a very close, genuine loving relationship with his family and friends... McGinest, Evans and many others have all validated how genuinely nice and supportive Brady is of everyone on the team.. he's not a diva, he doesn't think he's bigger than the team, a player or the game of football

Yet if you go to the Colts board and some others, they'll talk about Brady like he's a baby killer or something... and interpret everything he says or does into some perceived arrogance...

Then they'll turn around and slurp all over Rodgers jock, ranting on glowingly about how amazing he is, when in reality a lot of stuff you read about him and see from him is a super ****y, arrogant jerk of a man

It's truly bizarre, but now I just understand that people, generally speaking, are dumb as **** and also incredibly petty.. the type that would cut off their nose to spite their face

Haters gonna hate!

It's a question of pure physical gifts versus career accomplishment.

Aaron Rodgers is the Steve Young to Brady's Joe Montana. His arm looks stronger, he moves better, he puts together more impressive statistics, what he does on the field looks so athletically impressive that it gives off the feel of him carrying the entire team. People eat that up. Another trait the two share - they both consistently finish just short of the Super Bowl.

Rogers sits firmly in the second tier of legendary QBs. He is 5 - 8 years away from approaching most statistical records, and Drew Brees will blow those out of the water if he plays another couple of years. He needs a few more Super Bowl appearances and at least one win to approach the level of Brady, Manning, Elway or Montana.

I don't think anyone really sees Rodgers as the GOAT right now, they just see him as the greatest talent of all time and someone who might one day be number one.

Tom Brady is the GOAT hands down for me but I think Aaron Rodgers has the potential to surpass him. I love Brady but I try to look at it objectively. Aaron Rodgers may be the most talented QB ever. It's tough to see him ever winning 5 super bowls but I think there's more factors than just rings. If he gets to 3-4, I'm not saying he would be above Brady but I think he'd have a serious case.

Just my opinion. End of the day Brady is my all time favorite athlete but I can't deny Rodgers talent.

If "The Great" Aaron Rodgers lost two of his fingers in a cheese cutting competition he would still never win enough SB's to fill up one hand with SB rings.

There's a State Farm commercial in there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back