PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2020 Super Bowl pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fcking Raiders beat them once. Shoulda beat them twice. But they are the Raiders. TB can win this game. Need to check all boxes though. No turnovers. Keep the pocket clean for Tom. No stupid penalties etc.

Fcking Raiders beat them once. Shoulda beat them twice. But they are the Raiders. TB can win this game. Need to check all boxes though. No turnovers. Keep the pocket clean for Tom. No stupid penalties etc.
Pats with no QB and no practice were trailing the Chiefs 13-10 in the 4th quarter this year.

They can be beaten - and they will.

That would be good if BB was the coach in Tampa. Arians will keep chucking it deep rather than taking the easy underneath stuff that will be open. I'm less optimistic now. Smells like at least two more picks for Tom.

If it’s 3rd and two KC should play 2 deep safeties cause it’s going long on first down just have you go alone defense in cause they not passing the ball

If you want to puke in your mouth a little bit check out Mahome's gf's new video. Humanity is in a great place with these new generations. She's a winner just like his brother. Sorry no link I had to block it off my twitter.

The chiefs OL vs bucs DL is one of the biggest mismatches entering a SB:

LT Mike Remmers vs Jason Pierre-Paul

Remmers started the season as the swing tackle. This will be his first game at LT since 2016. JPP was 22nd among EDGEs in pressures.

Interior OL Allegretti, Reiter & Wisniewski vs Vita Vea & Ndamukong Suh

Allegretti & Reiter aren't starting caliber players. Wisniewski was signed late after being cut by the Steelers. Suh was 9th among DTs for pressures & Vea is arguably a top 3 DT in the NFL.

RT Andrew Wylie vs Shaq Barrett

A JAG at guard will start his second career game at RT. Shaq Barrett led the league in pressures & is coming off a 3 sack game against the packers.

This really is an ass kicking on paper. They struggled the last few weeks of the season & Bowles should use this to his advantage with light boxes.

Remmers started the season as the swing tackle. This will be his first game at LT since 2016. JPP was 22nd among EDGEs in pressures.

Allegretti & Reiter aren't starting caliber players. Wisniewski was signed late after being cut by the Steelers. Suh was 9th among DTs for pressures & Vea is arguably a top 3 DT in the NFL.

A JAG at guard will start his second career game at RT. Shaq Barrett led the league in pressures & is coming off a 3 sack game against the packers.

This really is an ass kicking on paper. They struggled the last few weeks of the season & Bowles should use this to his advantage with light boxes.

The refs will let them be grabby. That’s for sure.

If you want to puke in your mouth a little bit check out Mahome's gf's new video. Humanity is in a great place with these new generations. She's a winner just like his brother. Sorry no link I had to block it off my twitter.

If mahomey wins she will be more insufferable. Would be nice to see her bf get a beating.

If mahomey wins she will be more insufferable. Would be nice to see her bf get a beating.
Oh you can bank on it. Does she not know that she looks like a complete idiot? Doesn't his brother know that too? I don't get it. I guess she doesn't care but man.

I like that Tampa was left for dead at 7-5 and things looked bleak against the Saints (down 20-13 late in 3rd quarter and Saints driving) and they should have, by all means lost with Brady throwing 3 INTs in crunch time yesterday.

The team must have an overwhelming sense of resiliency and confidence.

Mahomes is so goddamned good though.

I think this game comes down what seems obvious with Eric Fisher’s injury: can Tampa‘s pass rush cause major havoc on Mahomes? He is great at adapting and avoiding sacks, but his offensive line is really in shambles.

That is the key to the game.

Barrett and JPP have to wreck the backup tackles then. Vea was so huge yesterday. Barrett and JPP combined for 5 sacks just with his presence after not doing that much most of the year

I was specifically watching him during the game because I wondered how he would look coming off of an ankle injury. He was driving linemen five yards into the backfield. He is definitely a difference maker and helps the pass rush immensely.

It’s a joke. Tampa won’t spot them 17 first quarter points. This stuff is reminding me of 2007 again. When it was us. A high powered offense that can’t be stop.

And a wounded Oline.

Except Mahomes can run and does run more in big games, it's not as easy to get to him as it was Brady in 2007.

He can kill you with the unscripted plays.

Turf toe Moe isn't that fast. He's good but he's going to see pressure and containment. Let's see how good he is from the pocket.

Tampa should have taken them to OT last time , but Tom threw a dumb pick on the 2nd play of a drive. Game over. Hopefully past isn’t prologue.

I was specifically watching him during the game because I wondered how he would look coming off of an ankle injury. He was driving linemen five yards into the backfield. He is definitely a difference maker and helps the pass rush immensely.
Yeah Vea is probably the most important piece to that pass rush. It allows JPP and Shaq to get to the QB since he won't be able to step up. Another week and he should be healthier

I would agree if we are talking about Jim Kelly or Fran Tarkenton. But he has won so many that nobody associates him with losing Super Bowls.
To say that I’m disappointed you didn’t catch my drift would be an understatement. :(

I expect the Chiefs will counter this for a while with some creative short passes. rollouts, screens, misdirections, etc. But I imagine at some point gimmicks won’t work, Tampa will figure it out, and that offensive line is going to start breaking.

I think Tampa should look at the overarching 2007 Giants strategy. I get that Mahomes is more mobile than Brady, but these two things come to mind:
  • Don’t blitz much if you’re already creating pressure. Otherwise you’re just making it easier to beat the pressure with a quick, and sometimes devastating pass. Devin White flying through the middle seems counterproductive here if the middle is already collapsing and Mahomes already countering it.
  • Sellout to prevent the big play. Okay to give up those 7 yarders. If you make them move the chains 4-5 times to score, you’re more likely to get a big negative play (sack, especially) to disrupt the drive. Let the Chiefs try to paper cut you...they’re good at it, but what really makes them great is their huge chunk gains. If you take away the big gash plays and make them be patient, that’s when the offensive line advantage will show.

I think Tampa should look at the overarching 2007 Giants strategy. I get that Mahomes is more mobile than Brady, but these two things come to mind:
  • Don’t blitz much if you’re already creating pressure. Otherwise you’re just making it easier to beat the pressure with a quick, and sometimes devastating pass. Devin White flying through the middle seems counterproductive here if the middle is already collapsing and Mahomes already countering it.
  • Sellout to prevent the big play. Okay to give up those 7 yarders. If you make them move the chains 4-5 times to score, you’re more likely to get a big negative play (sack, especially) to disrupt the drive. Let the Chiefs try to paper cut you...they’re good at it, but what really makes them great is their huge chunk gains. If you take away the big gash plays and make them be patient, that’s when the offensive line advantage will show.
White needs to effectively be in the Will/SS hybrid role. When we played them, Jason McCourty was in that role but I don’t know if Tampa has the depth in the secondary to allow for that. Both of their starting safeties are already banged up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down