PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2013 Prospect Thread

Shawn+Williams.jpg

Shawn Williams, SS, UGa

Thanks for the help mayo. That'll take some getting used to still.

Shawn is an aggressive, physical SS for the loaded Bulldogs defense. Is a ram in the box and also picked off 4 passes last year. He's a guy who could easily rise to the 1st round with another strong year. Could be a guy the Pats target if Chung can't stay on the field.

Last edited:
And the aforementioned Kenny Vaccaro, SS, Texas:

3312ckj.jpg

Last edited:
And the aforementioned Kenny Vaccaro, SS, Texas:

3312ckj.jpg

I probably should have had Vaccaro on my list. I'd rate him ahead of Baccari Rambo. Here's a photo:

628x471.jpg

I don't have insider...are you able to post who is on his list? I wonder if there are any names I'm unaware of.

Kiper's list was very uninspiring:

1. Matt Barley, QB. USC
2. Jarvis Jones*, DE/OLB, Georgia
3. Barkevious Mingo*, DE/OLB, LSU
4. Logan Thomas*, QB, Virginia Tech
5. Sam Montgomery*, DE/OLB, LSU
6. DJ Fluker*, OT, Alabama
7. Robert Woods*, WR, USC
8. David Amerson*, CB, NC State
9. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
10. Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
11. Johnathan Hankins*, DT, Ohio St.
12. Taylor Lewan*, OT, Michigan
13. Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
14. Johnny Adams, CB, Michigan St.
15. Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
16. Luke Joeckel*, OT, Texas A&M
17. William Gholston*, DE, Michigan St.
18. Keenan Allen*, WR, Cal
19. Marcus Lattimore*, RB, South Carolina
20. Xavier Rhodes*, CB, Florida St.
21. Le'Veon Bell*, RB, Michigan St.
22. Johnathan Banks, CB, Mississippi St.
23. Corey Lemonier*, DE/OLB, Auburn
24. Rickey Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
25. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

Very heavy junior presence. Kiper obviously likes Michigan St. - CB Johnny Adams and RB Le'Veon Bell are probably the two biggest surprises on his list. I'd say Kiper's early lists aren't worth much, except that his late lists aren't worth much, either.

Here's a gallery of OT prospects. Hopefully we won't be in the market.

1. Taylor Lewan*, Michigan. 6'8" 310#.

rn_u_taylorlewan_ms_600.jpg

2. Luke Joeckel*, Texas A&M. 6'6" 310#.

253748.JPG

3. Jake Matthews*, Texas A&M. 6'5" 305#.

765332.jpg

4. Oday Aboushi, Virginia. 6'6" 310#.

VLGTQKULSZKOIUP.20100907195925.jpg

5. Chris Faulk*, LSU. 6'6" 325#.

980988.jpg

6. Rickey Wagner, Wisconsin. 6'6" 322#.

ncf_a_wagner11_600.jpg

7. DJ Fluker*, Alabama. 6'6" 335#.

6_227703.jpg

8. Seantrel Henderson*, Miami. 6'8" 350.

trelhen1.jpg

We're doing pretty good on these prospect lists so far! Only 350 days to go till next draft;)

I'm going to start recording games for the first time this coming season, and will likely get a football package so I can see my beloved SEC. If I can figure it out, I'll try to join Ninja in editing and highlighting players on video.

UGa is going to get some heavy attention. I'd be happy with a Georgia only draft as they're awesome on all levels.

Kiper's list was very uninspiring:

1. Matt Barley, QB. USC
2. Jarvis Jones*, DE/OLB, Georgia
3. Barkevious Mingo*, DE/OLB, LSU
4. Logan Thomas*, QB, Virginia Tech
5. Sam Montgomery*, DE/OLB, LSU
6. DJ Fluker*, OT, Alabama
7. Robert Woods*, WR, USC
8. David Amerson*, CB, NC State
9. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
10. Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
11. Johnathan Hankins*, DT, Ohio St.
12. Taylor Lewan*, OT, Michigan
13. Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
14. Johnny Adams, CB, Michigan St.
15. Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
16. Luke Joeckel*, OT, Texas A&M
17. William Gholston*, DE, Michigan St.
18. Keenan Allen*, WR, Cal
19. Marcus Lattimore*, RB, South Carolina
20. Xavier Rhodes*, CB, Florida St.
21. Le'Veon Bell*, RB, Michigan St.
22. Johnathan Banks, CB, Mississippi St.
23. Corey Lemonier*, DE/OLB, Auburn
24. Rickey Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
25. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

Very heavy junior presence. Kiper obviously likes Michigan St. - CB Johnny Adams and RB Le'Veon Bell are probably the two biggest surprises on his list. I'd say Kiper's early lists aren't worth much, except that his late lists aren't worth much, either.

Interesting that he doesn't have any of the safeties in there; TJ McDonald - USC, K. Vaccarro - Texas(Impatient pizza buyer and all), B. Rambo - Georgia, Eric Reid - LSU, Robert Lester - Alabama and T. Matthieu - LSU(Honey Badger). We've already discusssed Fluker. Over a Matthews?? Yeah, right. Everybody's hating on him right now. But, Landry Jones is a better prospect than Jake Locker,Christian Ponder, Ryan Tanneyhill and Brandon Weeden were. I think Shariff Floyd - Florida and Jackson Jeffcoat are every bit the prospects that the two LSU de's are. Maybe better. Since they are bigger. Rickey Wagner - T Wisconsin?? No bleeping way. Over-rated.

Interesting that he doesn't have any of the safeties in there; TJ McDonald - USC, K. Vaccarro - Texas(Impatient pizza buyer and all), B. Rambo - Georgia, Eric Reid - LSU, Robert Lester - Alabama and T. Matthieu - LSU(Honey Badger). We've already discusssed Fluker. Over a Matthews?? Yeah, right. Everybody's hating on him right now. But, Landry Jones is a better prospect than Jake Locker,Christian Ponder, Ryan Tanneyhill and Brandon Weeden were. I think Shariff Floyd - Florida and Jackson Jeffcoat are every bit the prospects that the two LSU de's are. Maybe better. Since they are bigger. Rickey Wagner - T Wisconsin?? No bleeping way. Over-rated.

To be fair, Wagner is near the top of most early mocks.

As for prospects not making his top 25, I think that speaks more to the depth of top level talent this coming draft than anything else.

Last edited:
I don't think this link has been posted yet:

SEC's top prospects for 2013 NFL draft - SEC Blog - ESPN

A good "primer" list of 1st and 2nd round talent, but not at all indicative of how many SECers could actually go the first couple rounds. The level of available talent who will be draft eligible from that conference alone could stock all 32 teams in two rounds.

TJ McDonald, Eric Reid and Tyrann Mathieu all made the "just missed" list. So did OT Oday Aboushi.

To each his own.

As I've stated before, I love the UGa defense.

That whole D is worth drafting.

To each his own.

Personally, I'm a fan of the "black hole" approach on defense:

The combined mass of Geathers and Jenkins at end and tackle respectively will suck the rest of college football into a black hole. It's a scientific fact!

john-jenkins.jpg

10681647.jpg

Let us Consider the Gravity of Starting Kwame Geathers and John Jenkins on the Same Line - Dawg Sports

The Ravens demonstrated in 2000 the practical application to football of a gravitational singularity that can distort the space-time continuum and suck an entire opposing offensive line into a place from which they can never escape. This was Nobel-caliber work, IMHO. I look forward to repeating the experiment.

IMO, the safeties are going to be more important as the years progress, since the middle of the field is attacked much more now than in previous years. The ability of your centerfielders is going to be paramount to your success.

Teams are going to try and copy the Pats' success with middle of the field receivers who can exploit the available spacing.

But that's not mentioned to argue your point.

How about we just take them all??

Your DTs and my safeties??

Unstoppable...

A nice read on Georgia's defensive line:

Kwame Geathers, John Jenkins anchor ever-improving Georgia Bulldogs defensive line - ESPN

For those doubting that BB truly intends to create a gravitational singularity on defense, I point to the Albert Haynesworth experiment last year. Unfortunately, Haynesworth imploded and BB had to send him to Tampa Bay via a wormhole.

Is it any coincidence that BB has just named as his defensive coordinator a guy with a background in rocket science?

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back