PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thanksgiving games thread: GB-Detroit, Cowboys-Raiders, Ravens-Steelers

I want Baltimore out. they scare the crap out of me as a 6 seed.

Pittsburgh? **** em.

If we had to face baltimore again though...I would feel more confident that we could pull it out because of Rob Gronkowski...there literally is no defense that can stop him....facing baltimore without Gronk and without Talib last year really killed us offensively/defensively

I think their D is even better this year. Definitely wouldn't wanna play them.

Oh well. These PI rules are far too subjective. It seems PI changes on a game-to-game, play-to-play basis. It is what it is.

Im not at all confident about it either as a fan. I think the NFL has done a poor job defining PI.

Pittsburgh? **** em.

I'd definitely be scared. All they need to do is have Flacco heave a bomb and hope there is a penalty..

Theres still a chance they drop out of contention for the WC spot...looking at their schedule, they play Minnesota next week(which probably is a W) but then play Detroit, Patriots, Cincinatti to end the season...definitely could drop any/all of those games

Pittsburgh doesnt scare me because Brady owns that defense..

Good teams want to play the better teams, not avoid them. Good fans want the same. No one should want to sneak a SB win. Its better after if its earned.
Patriots should beat Ravens at home or away, no reason to aviod that game.

So, running into the receiver with your back turned to ball without looking back or making a play on the ball, isn't face guarding then? It has to be pass interference nonetheless. That's pretty much what happened on that two-point conversion play.

Oh well. These PI rules are far too subjective. It seems PI changes on a game-to-game, play-to-play basis. It is what it is.

No, that's not normally what's meant by face guarding.

Face guarding is when a player stands close enough to block vision/access without making physical contact, cf. Ellis Hobbs against the Colts in 2006.

Good teams want to play the better teams, not avoid them. Good fans want the same. No one should want to sneak a SB win. Its better after if its earned.

Frankly all I care about is winning the SB. I don't care if we beat a host of lesser teams in the playoffs.

Frankly all I care about is winning the SB. I don't care if we beat a host of lesser teams in the playoffs.
Well we do. Were very happy to play the Seahawks at thier home.

Thanksgiving games thread

I have embraced it. If we can beat the better teams, and we have home field advantage in the playoffs, I will be confident. But yes, when I am doing anything (archery or bowhunting), I want to beat the better competition or outsmart the oldest animal, not sneak through to win or get my meat I eat. Same with sports, want to beat the better competition and that way you truly earn the championship title.

I have embraced it. If we can beat the better teams, and we have home field advantage in the playoffs, I will be confident. But yes, when I am doing anything (archery or bowhunting), I want to beat the better competition or outsmart the oldest animal, not sneak through to win or get my meat I eat. Same with sports, want to beat the better competition and that way you truly earn the championship title.

Totally agree, couldnt say it better. We were acually mad when GB lost to the Cardinals in 2009. Think they had a better chance to beat us in the playoffs. Anything that validates the ring is good, some things are out of your control.
really believe that fans that want the easy win, easy teams, are not real believing fans. T-shirt fans.

Well we do. Were very happy to play the Seahawks at thier home.

Have fun with that, man. A SB is validating in and of itself. We don't need to bulldoze through the Chiefs and Broncos to feel good about ourselves. Though that may be the case any how.

These aren't pickup games, where you don't want to play against the guys who've never played before. These are goal oriented situations, where the goal is not fun or exercise, but winning. If the Patriots could find a way to face the Jaguars and Falcons in the playoffs, in order to get to the SB, I'd be thrilled.

Have fun with that, man. A SB is validating in and of itself. We don't need to bulldoze through the Chiefs and Broncos to feel good about ourselves. Though that may be the case any how.

Well we do, Playing the seahawks away and in weather is important for our boys to experience. They might be there again as #2 seed. Id even say that falling to a wildcard might be better for the team than getting #1 or #2 seed. NY SB is very cold and bad weather, and facing NE, if they win the AFC, when we enjoyed a #1 seed will not prepare the team for that game. Its all preference I guess. Most of our fans dont want the easy way.

Pittsburgh? **** em.
Baltimore has the better defense but Pitt has the better QB.I would prefer not playing the better QB i.e Roethlisberger. He is very underrated QB by everyone probably because of his off the field issues but he can ball . Both can cause some headaches in the playoffs especially the 3rd and 4th seed themselves dont seem to be doing so well.

I've had enough heart attack inducing playoff/SB games, I'd just like to steam roll a bunch of cup cake teams and take a Lumbardi with ease for once, lol.

I've had enough heart attack inducing playoff/SB games, I'd just like to steam roll a bunch of cup cake teams and take a Lumbardi with ease for once, lol.

yeah but the cup cake teams beat you in the playoffs. Ravens where not better than NE last year, and 49ers didnt desurve to be in the playoffs. Just what I think.

Well we do, Playing the seahawks away and in weather is important for our boys to experience. They might be there again as #2 seed. Id even say that falling to a wildcard might be better for the team than getting #1 or #2 seed. NY SB is very cold and bad weather, and facing NE, if they win the AFC, when we enjoyed a #1 seed will not prepare the team for that game. Its all preference I guess. Most of our fans dont want the easy way.

You always prefer the highest seed possible, HFA, and a bye. Playing a wild card game does not make your team more likely to win the SB. It is one more chance to be eliminated.

FYI the Ravens are never a cupcake team against the Pats.

That last series at the goal line was brutal. A couple concussions and injuries ... ugh.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back