PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thanksgiving games thread: GB-Detroit, Cowboys-Raiders, Ravens-Steelers

Were not as championship oriented as much as player oriented. Our players are personal to us, and personalities we care for, its the culture. We still consider the 40 years of lossing, and still cant believe a guy like Brees wants to play for us. Our players are our boys, and Brees believing in us means alot. Its important to us that he gets what he desurves more than a championship.
We love PM but he clearly took 1or 2 MVP's from Brees, and we want them back.
Brees beat PM. Brady is the best QB that has ever played in the NFL, we know that, and desurved everything.Though probably robbed of 1 MVP.
There is no way to expect Brees to beat the best QB , Brady in a SB, but we want the shot.
Its not about a championship. Its about giving our boy a shot to be great, and maybe beat both. Problem is Saints will have a hard time beating anyone in NY with the weather. We need experience.
Well if that is a case it's quite different than I'd expect. I love me some Brady & Belichick but their individual success is certainly not as important as the team's success. It's about the team, not just our star players. One of the many reasons why the Pats win so much.

True, but Brees is not considered better than PM, even though, he is by all the stats from 2006 , and lost 1-2 MVP's to PM.
Its a good point, maybe Eli is better than Brady in a SB ? I dont know. But Eli is never considered better than Brees, and thats who we care about. PM is considered better than Brees, so is Rogers, and that is a problem. Because we dont believe they are better, and only 1 way to prove that. Brees needs to beat Brady in a SB.
We have never changed our point of view on this, and always supported NE in the playoffs, so this should be no suprise.

Well, If Brees has another really good PO run and wins a SB I don't care who the opponent is he'll be up there IMO. PO's are tough, the Giants weren't a great team but if we had beaten them in 07 all people would remember was 19-0 4 rings etc...

Your QB performs at a top 5 level on any giving week, so does ours. That's good enough for me. I don't care who we beat in the PO's. If you think about it the #1 seed is designed to give teams the easiest possible path. As I said before who wants to play 4 tough road games? Not I and neither does any team or coach...

Well, If Brees has another really good PO run and wins a SB I don't care who the opponent is he'll be up there IMO. PO's are tough, the Giants weren't a great team but if we had beaten them in 07 all people would remember was 19-0 4 rings etc...

Your QB performs at a top 5 level on any giving week, so does ours. That's good enough for me. I don't care who we beat in the PO's. If you think about it the #1 seed is designed to give teams the easiest possible path. As I said before who wants to play 4 tough road games? Not I and neither does any team or coach...

PO's are touph. Any good fan knows you beat the dophins and had the most wins in the NFL. You broke the record.

If we beat the sehawks and get #1 seed, we will not be ready to face anyone in NY. Our team is not built for cold. Any team that wins the AFC will have a clear advantage to beat us. IF we lose, and lose some more games, alowing our boys to have practice away and D on turf is golden.
What you say is true but we are not GB or NE.
Saints D falls apart away, in cold, on turf. Offense does fine. Who wants to get to the SB and humiliated by TB? Our D is not ready to face NE in the cold in NY yet, we cant win that. We need more time.
Seahawks are easier. They can defend Wilson, and we can see how good they are. Even though seahawks have a #12 offence and #2 ranked D , no one should expect our boys to win this game. It should be close or a win if we are really good.

If we have to face the brilliant TB and BB in NY. A horrible but wanted situation for our team, we wont cry about it. We got our shot. We want that, but our D needs more time to prepare for that.

PO's are touph. Any good fan knows you beat the dophins and had the most wins in the NFL. You broke the record.

If we beat the sehawks and get #1 seed, we will not be ready to face anyone in NY. Our team is not built for cold. Any team that wins the AFC will have a clear advantage to beat us. IF we lose, and lose some more games, alowing our boys to have practice away and D on turf is golden.
What you say is true but we are not GB or NE.
Saints D falls apart away, in cold, on turf. Offense does fine. Who wants to get to the SB and humiliated by TB? Our D is not ready to face NE in the cold in NY yet, we cant win that. We need more time.
Seahawks are easier. They can defend Wilson, and we can see how good they are. Though even though seahawks have a #12 offence and same ranked D , no one should expect our boys to win this game. It should be close or a win if we are really good.

I hear what you're saying, in this particular instance weather could be a factor and you'd like the team to acclimate to it a bit. I'd still rather have 2 home games in a dome and take my chances on weather. Although playing Seattle in Seattle for an NFCCG would be a nice precursor for a NY game, probably a bit cold and rainy there in January.

I hear what you're saying, in this particular instance weather could be a factor and you'd like the team to acclimate to it a bit. I'd still rather have 2 home games in a dome and take my chances on weather. Although playing Seattle in Seattle for an NFCCG would be a nice precursor for a NY game, probably a bit cold and rainy there in January.

Thanks for understanding. I just dont see our boys beating a epic QB like Brady in NY unless our D get more experience outside, and our WR's. And I dont want to be in the position of us defending another PM SB for NE. Saints vs Broncos would be very hard this time. Im not sure we can win that. We need time to prep.
I do agree Rob that a loss to seattle, and having to go to seattle again as #2 seed, might be a good thing, to prepare us for NY. If meet NE as #1 seed, we could be really embarrassed.
TB will shred us in that weather.
I think you can see our confusion. Winning this monday might be the worst thing for us, and we lose in the SB because of it. #1 seed could kill the Saints chances.
Winning home games in a Dome as #1 seed, then NY? Thats impossible. Any AFC against us would and should be heavily in favor to win.
I think this is were winning, makes you lose. Saints can lose this game and comeback, beating the seahawks at home later, and used to away. ready for NY.
If they win monday. ITs #1 seed and comfortable home games, only to be in NY with a
AFC team thats used the elements. um Ass kicking
and no the seahawks are not a better team than the saints. Thier #12 in offense #24th in passinging for god sakes.

Geez, didn't get to watch much of this game last night and just saw the Tomlin "shenanigans" on the KO return on NFL.com. Seriously? And the NFLN guys were all laughing about it, like "Oh that sly Tomlin." Can only imagine the outrage if Belichick did such a thing. But, you know, Tomlin's cool.

Last edited:
Geez, didn't get to watch much of this game last night and just saw the Tomlin "shenanigans" on the KO return on NFL.com. Seriously? And the NFLN guys were all laughing about it, like "Oh that sly Tom." Can only imagine the outrage if Belichick did such a thing. But, you know, Ton's cool.
100% correct. They'd be screaming for the death penalty.

Geez, didn't get to watch much of this game last night and just saw the Tomlin "shenanigans" on the KO return on NFL.com. Seriously? And the NFLN guys were all laughing about it, like "Oh that sly Tom." Can only imagine the outrage if Belichick did such a thing. But, you know, Ton's cool.

Especially since he did it a day after Jason Kidd "spilling his drink" fiasaco. The fine should of been more than $50,000

They have a loser's mentality. They get a lead and relax. Then they get behind and accept it as what's expected to happen. Over the last 10 seasons the Raiders have averaged just under five wins (49-111). So far this year they're 4-8 including today's loss.

There's a very good reason for that. I got so sick of listening to the Tuckheads after our SB win in 2001 that I got angry and put a 25 year curse on the Raiders. I picked 25 years because that's how long it was that we had to wait for our first SB win after we were robbed by them in 1976. I think it's working to perfection and they won't win another SB until Patriots year 26AB at the earliest.

Nothing will ever top the Buttfumble game.

That was, perhaps, the most enjoyable regular season football game I've ever witnessed. :D

That stretch is now what I think of when i hear the term "in a New York minute."

Or as The Mouth That Roared said on the sideline... UN****INBELIEVABLE!

This is ridicules. Penalizing a RB for being knocked out.

How is that different from penalizing Ridley, Blount or any other NFL RB by allowing a fumble to occur after they get knocked out?

I hate that ref so much.

If the Patriots get him for another regular season or tebow forbid, a playoff game, they better have enough of a lead that he can't screw them over again...

Good teams want to play the better teams, not avoid them. Good fans want the same. No one should want to sneak a SB win. Its better after if its earned.

Indy tried to manipulate things in 2009 by tanking to the Jets to allow them in the playoffs instead of Pittsburgh. They almost pulled it off, but Manning threw his game losing pick 6 in the SB.

At this time of the year I root for whatever game gives the Pats the highest possible seed in the playoffs. I want our fans to be rewarded with the home playoff games.

How is that different from penalizing Ridley, Blount or any other NFL RB by allowing a fumble to occur after they get knocked out?

Its not. He put his guts on the line for his team and got clocked. Like so many other RB's. As soon as a RB is knocked unconsious it should not be considered a fumble, and should not be penalized for losing his helmet. There is not a single D player not trying to take them out, or cream them.
RB's are not protected by the NFL, and probably the only really true touph football players left, and they have no rules to protect them.
Thats why they last only 3-4 years.
Great RB's like Earl cambell can hardly walk after playing and taking so many huge hits each game. Hits that would knock Brady, Brees or PM out for the season.
Earl Campbell steps out [Sept. 8, 2012] - YouTube

New High-tech treatment helping Earl Campbell with pain | khou.com Houston
They need better rules for RB's
He deserved that TD. I know Brady wont, but only hope he wont go threw what all RB's go threw after the NFL. NFL only protects them because it would be more of a shock to see Brady as a cripple.
Earl cambell is an icon. One of the best ever to play this game. He had it all as a RB. Sight , vision, strength He lacked nothing. At 40 ? he was a broken man.
its not different.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back