PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thanksgiving games thread: GB-Detroit, Cowboys-Raiders, Ravens-Steelers

You always prefer the highest seed possible, HFA, and a bye. Playing a wild card game does not make your team more likely to win the SB. It is one more chance to be eliminated.
nah
Well it might because we need more away field experience for our defense. Our offense is ok away, but not in snow.

In a way you have to wonder about non Dome teams. Why cant they win in a perfect equal environment, and need weather, or like seattle a stadium created for noise. Those pluses do not make your team better. They are elemets to give your team an advantage. There is no advantage to playing in a Dome. Both teams have equil good weather and field. IF you cant beat a Dome team you cant beat a team in the perfect environment for football.

nah
Well it might because we need more away field experience for our defense. Our offense is ok away, but not in snow.

As I said, preferring a wildcard game is asking for another opportunity to get eliminated. The Pats make the playoffs almost every year, so we've grown to realize that we want the HFA and the weakest opponent. Always maximize the chances of winning. To steal a line from Pulp Fiction, "**** Pride". Pride in facing great opponents doesn't usually win you the SB. And if the Saints are seeking experience w/the weather in the playoffs then they certainly don't belong in the Super Bowl.

As I said, preferring a wildcard game is asking for another opportunity to get eliminated. The Pats make the playoffs almost every year, so we've grown to realize that we want the HFA and the weakest opponent. Always maximize the chances of winning. To steal a line from Pulp Fiction, "**** Pride". Pride in facing great opponents doesn't usually win you the SB. And if the Saints are seeking experience w/the weather in the playoffs then they certainly don't belong in the Super Bowl.

but if your not the best team you should not win the SB period. If you want NE to win the SB easy, what good is that?
I want the Saints to earn a ring. We got one, and we are fine with that. I think you might be fixated on TB,BB and making them GOAT in history, which requires 4 rings. Instead of believing in the team you have.
I also think thats one of the things that has stopped NE from making history. So worried about the 4th ring and less worried about being a team and winning a SB. Im sure the fans have added to that problem.
We need our boys to be tested. We need no more rings. We just need them to play their best, and we are ok with that.

Saints cant go to a NY SB vs Boncos, NE, or even Ravens and expect to win without experience. We will be at a severe disadvantage. Wildcard gives us that.

How did we add to the problem of not getting a fourth or 5th ring as fans? :confused:

but if your not the best team you should not win the SB period. If you want NE to win the SB easy, what good is that?
I want the Saints to earn a ring. We got one, and we are fine with that. I think you might be fixated on TB,BB and making them GOAT in history, which requires 4 rings. Instead of believing in the team you have.
I also think thats one of the things that has stopped NE from making history. So worried about the 4th ring and less worried about being a team and winning a SB. Im sure the fans have added to that problem.
We need our boys to be tested. We need no more rings. We just need them to play their best, and we are ok with that.

Huh?!? :bricks:

1. So...the Pats are failing at winning a SB because they are so fixated on winning a SB every year? The titles and praise will follow.

2. You need no more rings? Cool, you guys should just drop out of the playoffs and let one of the NFC's bottom feeders slip into the playoffs.

Who the hell wants the toughest road to the SB? That's what being a #1 seed with HFA , being pared up to the lesser opponent and skipping the wildcard round is all about.

How did we add to the problem of not getting a fourth or 5th ring as fans? :confused:

Not to single you out, but you're knowledge of the playbook isn't quite where the coaches need it to be.
;)

Huh?!? :bricks:

1. So...the Pats are failing at winning a SB because they are so fixated on winning a SB every year? The titles and praise will follow.

2. You need no more rings? Cool, you guys should just drop out of the playoffs and let one of the NFC's bottom feeders slip into the playoffs.

1. I think that might be a problem yes.

2. Fans dont need a ring. Most NO fans do want Brees to face Brady. Brees beating PM and Brady might make the media give him what he desurves being the 2nd best QB in the NFL.

Not to single you out, but you're knowledge of the playbook isn't quite where the coaches need it to be.
;)

Great I'm the Ocho of the thread...:bricks:

2. Fans dont need a ring. Most NO fans do want Brees to face Brady. Brees beating PM and Brady might make the media give him what he desurves being the 2nd best QB in the NFL.

lol, I don't think going head-to-head proves anything in terms of greatness other than maybe said QB can beat our defense or we can beat theirs with some regularity. That's Just how I look at it...

lol, I don't think going head-to-head proves anything in terms of greatness other than maybe said QB can beat our defense or we can beat theirs with some regularity. That's Just how I look at it...

But if Saints beat NE in a SB in NY, and Brees performs. Then his 2nd best in the NFL is done. Being the only QB to beat PM and Brady in a SB, correct ?
Remember this was always our fans aim.

Why bother playing if you aren't aiming for a championship every year? That's especially the case if you are a contender like the Saints are. I have a hard time believing that the Saints fan base really only cares about beating Brady in the end.

They.Want.A.Championship. That's the whole dang purpose of the game.

But if Saints beat NE in a SB in NY, and Brees performs. Then his 2nd best in the NFL is done. Being the only QB to beat PM and Brady in a SB, correct ?
Remember this was always our fans aim.

Eli beat Brady twice in the SB but he's not a better QB by any stretch IMO. Winning the SB is a great achievement in and of itself, people don't fuss over who you beat to much. It might actually be a knock against Brees that he beat the choker in a SB if you look at it that way...:p

Add Tomlin to the list of NFL CHEATERS!!!!!!!

We'll see if the league takes any action, but it's hard to believe that he just happened to walk out there and stop with one foot on the field by accident.

824602908.gif

We'll see if the league takes any action, but it's hard to believe that he just happened to walk out there and stop with one foot on the field by accident.

824602908.gif

Wasn't there a Jets or Dolphins coach who actually tripped up one of our guys in a recent season? I can't even recall if it was against us but there was a coach who stuck out his knee and tripped a player purposely.

Wasn't there a Jets or Dolphins coach who actually tripped up one of our guys in a recent season? I can't even recall if it was against us but there was a coach who stuck out his knee and tripped a player purposely.

It was a Jets strength and conditioning coach who tripped a Dolphins player who was running to cover a punt.

Rex had set up a system where the S & C coach along with some practice squad players would set up a "wall" on the sideline to prevent opposing players covering a punt from running out of bounds to avoid the Jets players trying to block them. The S & C coach got carried away one time and tripped a Dolphins player.

I didn't know it before that incident, but there's a whole protocol of who can stand where on the sideline. That particular Jets coach and the inactive players shouldn't have been near the field, according to the guidelines. There's a little more to the story, but the short version is that Rex's wrist was sore for a good 5 minutes after the league slapped it.

Why bother playing if you aren't aiming for a championship every year? That's especially the case if you are a contender like the Saints are. I have a hard time believing that the Saints fan base really only cares about beating Brady in the end.

They.Want.A.Championship. That's the whole dang purpose of the game.

Were not as championship oriented as much as player oriented. Our players are personal to us, and personalities we care for, its the culture. We still consider the 40 years of lossing, and still cant believe a guy like Brees wants to play for us. Our players are our boys, and Brees believing in us means alot. Its important to us that he gets what he desurves more than a championship.
We love PM but he clearly took 1or 2 MVP's from Brees, and we want them back.
Brees beat PM. Brady is the best QB that has ever played in the NFL, we know that, and desurved everything.Though probably robbed of 1 MVP.
There is no way to expect Brees to beat the best QB , Brady in a SB, but we want the shot.
Its not about a championship. Its about giving our boy a shot to be great, and maybe beat both. Problem is Saints will have a hard time beating anyone in NY with the weather. We need experience.

824602908.gif

Couldn't believe Tomlin did that. When it's shown from the front you can see his head turned sideways looking/waiting for Jacoby to get close. I've always liked Tomlin but that was a scumbag move and no question it was intentional imo. That sh@# eating grin of him afterwards says it all.

Is there a big screen monitor in front of him(in that direction)? looks like he's watching something then turns his head and moves...

Eli beat Brady twice in the SB but he's not a better QB by any stretch IMO. Winning the SB is a great achievement in and of itself, people don't fuss over who you beat to much. It might actually be a knock against Brees that he beat the choker in a SB if you look at it that way...:p

True, but Brees is not considered better than PM, even though, he is by all the stats from 2006 , and lost 1-2 MVP's to PM.
Its a good point, maybe Eli is better than Brady in a SB ? I dont know. But Eli is never considered better than Brees, and thats who we care about. PM is considered better than Brees, so is Rogers, and that is a problem. Because we dont believe they are better, and only 1 way to prove that. Brees needs to beat Brady in a SB.
We have never changed our point of view on this, and always supported NE in the playoffs, so this should be no suprise.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back