PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow released

Status
Not open for further replies.
My advice? I didn't give him advice or counsel. And your comment about elway makes little sense. Did elway tell Jim to not play pro ball at all? And you know they would have lost all their remaining games without tebow how?

I have an anti "qb who can't read a defense, doesn't see wide open wrs, holds onto the ball a ridiculously long time, taking sack after sack and throws with a windup either in the turf or over someone's head". The fact that that player is tebow is irrelevant to me.

Just pointing out to all the apologists that their standards are hypocritical. If tebow were Joe blow they'd say cut him. He's Mr. Christian warrior so it's "he just needs a chance! Some development!". It's dishonest.

I had no problem with curt warner cause he could actually play. Rodney Harrison publically thanked Jesus on air after the AFC title game one year. He was my favorite player.

And no I didn't say "what was best for Timmy". I couldn't care less about him. He's made millions in endorsements alone. I think it's a moot point though; no one will hire him to play qb so he is done as a pro. Hard to believe 32 GMs could be so wrong!! Oh Timmy!!

Ok, not your advice...your appraisal. Regardless, Tim believing your appraisal of him over his own appraisal of himself would clearly be a mistake. Valued appraisals are void of biases.

Refer to the highlighted portion of the quote:
I'm sorry to be talking above your capacity to comprehend...this time and as it may happen in the future. :rocker:

Meh. Even while doing these minor bench stints, you make a good amount of money in the NFL. QBs go down all the time, and someone will find themselves short a backup sometime this season -- or, as others here say, he could be Ventroned even without such an occurrence.

I'm not a Tebow fan or a Tebow hater (though I can't find my "Six Degrees of Tebow Nation" game on here anymore, so I suspect I've somehow transgressed an unwritten Tebow rule on here.) It is nice to be getting on to the regular season though, and most of the Tebros on here would be just fine Pats fans in my book, if they chose to stay.

It (obviously) doesn't look good for Tebow, but when he chooses to give up on his dream is up to him. Leaving alone the differences between us and this level of athlete... if it were us, what would we do? "Eventually" you would give it up, but when you're that close, and it's actually a pretty lucrative "losing proposition," I'm thinking I'd keep plugging away at it.

If it was a cruel tease to his fans that he finally threw a few decent balls just prior to being released, think what it is to him. I don't think he's convinced he's done, and I don't think he's done. No shame in being a journeyman QB, like Hasselbeck the Lesser or Jeff George or someone. If it was never meant to be, big deal. People are offering him faith-based movie deals and the like. He's got as long as his body gives him to either give up or break out.

Now, back to the Patriots :)

Those who want to write off Tim Tebow, should watch a football life: Kurt Warner. Kurt Played football in college and went undrafted in 1994 NFL Draft. He was invited to try out for the Green Bay Packer training Camp in 1995. He was signed to Green Bay Packers training camp and was released right before the football season began. Warner at the time was told that he had enormous potential, but was not at all ready to be an NFL QB.

Well at that time in 1995 no NFL team would give him a chance, so he joined the AFL and played for the IOWA Barnstormers. He did well playing in the AFL for a few years. In 1999 he was signed by the NFL team the ST. Louis Rams and took the NFL by storm till his retirement from the NFL in 2010

He also happened to be a Christian football Player. Anyways Kurt Warner's story is very inspiring.

A Football Life Kurt Warner - YouTube

CBN TV - Kurt and Brenda Warner: Putting First Things First

Not the best forum to be talking about how wonderful Kurt Warner is.

That said Tebow should head north and try to get a job playing QB in the CFL to someday show teams he has improved dramatically and deserves another shot in the NFL.

Didn't read the thread and don't care enough to...but I wish Tebow the best of luck. He seems like a genuinely nice guy. I'm sure he will have success in his life one way or another. I heard someone was recruiting him to be a ruby player. Seems like that may make sense.

Those who want to write off Tim Tebow, should watch a football life: Kurt Warner. Kurt Played football in college and went undrafted in 1994 NFL Draft. He was invited to try out for the Green Bay Packer training Camp in 1995. He was signed to Green Bay Packers training camp and was released right before the football season began. Warner at the time was told that he had enormous potential, but was not at all ready to be an NFL QB.

Well at that time in 1995 no NFL team would give him a chance, so he joined the AFL and played for the IOWA Barnstormers. He did well playing in the AFL for a few years. In 1999 he was signed by the NFL team the ST. Louis Rams and took the NFL by storm till his retirement from the NFL in 2010

He also happened to be a Christian football Player. Anyways Kurt Warner's story is very inspiring.

I'm not sure why you're putting Tim Tebow in the same class as Kurt Warner. Warner was always capable of throwing the football and was widely recognised as having one of the faster releases in football.

The two are dissimilar in every way other than they are Christians. To me, this looks like Tebow supporters are clutching at straws.

Ok, not your advice...your appraisal. Regardless, Tim believing your appraisal of him over his own appraisal of himself would clearly be a mistake. Valued appraisals are void of biases.

Refer to the highlighted portion of the quote:
I'm sorry to be talking above your capacity to comprehend...this time and as it may happen in the future. :rocker:

You said if he listened to elway then Denver would have picked luck. Well elway cut him after the season so even if he had listened to him ie dropped football then it still wouldn't have mattered. The season was over and the broncos didn't have the first pick.

Thus your comment is illogical. It also assumes if tebow hadn't played they would have lost all of their remaining games to win the first pick. Baseless assumption.

People who spell counsel as council and advice as advise aren't capable of making any points over anyone's head. You certainly aren't. Just pointing out that you don't make sense. Tebow was cut after the broncos missed out on the first pick.

And your idiotic rhetorical question " aren't we giving advice in Timmy's best interest", no I'm not. I didn't imply that I was. I just pointed out that if he weren't religious all the religious people wouldn't have a problem with him being cut. He'd fade away like hoyer for example who played night and day better than him and no one would care. His fan base is calling for special treatment for him because he is religious. Can you read?

Tebow has pocketed 20m in salary and endorsements. He's got a built in audience of suckers if he wants to go on the lecture circuit all ready to bemoan how the nfl turned its back on this fine christian. He needs no advice from me nor does he read these boards I assume so I wouldn't waste my time.

I'm not sure why you're putting Tim Tebow in the same class as Kurt Warner. Warner was always capable of throwing the football and was widely recognised as having one of the faster releases in football.

The two are dissimilar in every way other than they are Christians. To me, this looks like Tebow supporters are clutching at straws.

Don't you see? They both faced challenges making it in the league. Why can't Tebow follow suit? The fact that Warner exemplifies a pocket passer with good velocity and accuracy and Tebow is the exact opposite is irrevelant. Because, you know they are both Christian and all. If Warner can do it, of course Tebow can too.

/sarcasm

its things like this that make me dislike tebow as a player:

Best plays of 2013 preseason - NFL Videos

A garbage time nonsense td is someone a better play this preseason then a bunch of other awesome plays?

if that had been any other qb it would be a nonstory.

Not the best forum to be talking about how wonderful Kurt Warner is.

That said Tebow should head north and try to get a job playing QB in the CFL to someday show teams he has improved dramatically and deserves another shot in the NFL.

So let's see tebow show some humility and go to the afl or Ufl or whatever. I doubt he will. it'd be hard work and when he gets cut his martyr story would lose credibility.

I bet he goes on the christian lecture circuit and makes millions. They love themselves a persecuted christian.
"The NFL turned its back on this fine young man, our little Timmy, because he loves Jesus! For shame!"

He certainly wasn't even close to being good enough to earn a roster spot here but there were improvements in his mechanics and footwork from when I last seen him. Maybe a year out of the game working with the right coach might work for him. There is certainly no questioning his desire and dedication, he is known to be an extremely hard worker.

I actually think he has gone backward from where he was.

He is gone and is not coming back. Can we please close this thread and move on already.

What year was that? 1960? I think things have changed a bit. I think tebow would do worse in the cfl than the NFL.

It had to be about 1970. It was the year before Schaeffer Stadium was completed, and Harvard relented and let the Pats use the their sacred crumbling concrete pile of a Stadium for one year.

Kapp was the sensation of the NFL under Bud Grant, for a short while, after garnering a couple of MVPs and Grey Cups up in Canada. Billy Sullivan traded with the Vikes to get an "NFL proven QB" for the Patriots. He got taken to the cleaners, leading to a losing season that got us Jim Plunkett.:)

Probably a little too late on this, but the glaring difference is that Warner could throw. Hope that Tim does better in the wife department. Brenda wears the pants and panties in that household.

Can't speak for Shmess, but for me, it's because I watched Tebow throw the ball VERY CONSISTENTLY in his three years as a starter at Florida. Consistency never was a problem for him, nor was accuracy (at the college level).

Most who have followed the Tebow threads have seen the stats mentioned. He had a higher completion % and a much higher passer rating that many of the "Top" NFL QBs out there today.

Somewhere along the line, while trying to change his mechanics and speed up his delivery, that consistency and accuracy got broken.

Who knows, maybe spending 300 days with Tom House and putting in 20,000 or more reps in that time might finally "fix" things.

Then again, maybe it won't. BUT, if he still wants to try and be an NFL QB, that's the kind of thing that might help.

College vs. pros = night vs. day. That's the difference.

I saw someone mention on television that Tebow could be a world-class rugby player. That might be his true calling.

Best news I've had in awhile.

Glad we won't be the laughingstock of the league this year.

Best news I've had in awhile.

Glad we won't be the laughingstock of the league this year.

Tebow as 3rd QB would have made the Pats the laughingstock of the league?

I just pointed out that if he weren't religious all the religious people wouldn't have a problem with him being cut. He'd fade away like hoyer for example who played night and day better than him and no one would care. His fan base is calling for special treatment for him because he is religious. Can you read?

This is probably the biggest reason he has the big fanbase that he has. People love the way he carries himself, and his most well known trait is his his religion. Unfortunately, none of that matters when it comes to playing football, yet people seem to think he should get the sort of benefit of the doubt you wouldn't give anyone else who has been... well.... not so stellar as a QB. Most of them are canned and forgotten about by the second or third year. But Tebow is loved more for his off-field persona. So he should probably take up something like that for a living.

...and stop with his college success being proof that he's a passer. That is FOUR years in his rear view mirror and obviously very little of what he might have done passing has translated to NFL success... just stop.

Tebow as 3rd QB would have made the Pats the laughingstock of the league?

Without question.

He's the worst "player" in the NFL at his position.

He cleared waivers today... meaning nobody wanted him for his league minimum salary. Ouch....

If that's not a hint to either consider changing positions or take a year off or play elsewhere to fix his deficiencies as a passer... then I don't know what is.

Without question.

He's the worst "player" in the NFL at his position.

Your hypothetical is ridiculous.

While the latter may be true (not sure), it would be irrelevant as long as the Pats play as they have for the past decade. (And if they don't do that, Tebow isn't the problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST