PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow is a green bean!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now they're down to ONE competent quarterback -- Greg McElroy.

One thing I'm really enjoying about Tebow going to the Jets is the change in attitudes of the reporters. Before the trade, it was all about Sanchez being a much better QB than people thought, and having been screwed over by a bad O.C., a bad offensive line and poor weapons around him.

Now, it's all about one bad and inaccurate quarterback being pressured by another bad and inaccurate quarterback.

Gotta love the media....:singing:

And so it begins ...

Attachments

• Tebow waves bye bye to Marky.jpg
    Tebow waves bye bye to Marky.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 199
GREAT stuff from Michael Lombardi at NFL.com:

How does this affect Mark Sanchez? I think greatly. I wish, upon hearing the news of Tebow's signing, Sanchez would have displayed the same anger that recently signed backup Drew Stanton showed. For all the talk of being a leader, Sanchez never operates like one. He should have leveled the Jets for making this move, and made it clear he was not interested in leaving the game for a gadget offense. Sanchez needs to stand up for himself and not appear as if he was paid off to be a good soldier.

Even though I strongly disagree with cornerback Antonio Cromartie's comments about the Jets not needing Tebow, Sanchez should have made that comment. If he is not going to stand up for himself and has to rely on teammates, how can he be the leader of the team? He can't and he won't, unless he gets ticked off.No matter what the Jets claim publicly, they don't really believe in Sanchez. They can say all the right things about him being their guy, but their actions say otherwise. How can they think their locker room is going to improve by creating a quarterback controversy? The question I keep coming back to is how is this trade going to help smooth things over with Sanchez and Santonio Holmes? That situation is worth watching.

How does this affect Mark Sanchez? I think greatly. I wish, upon hearing the news of Tebow's signing, Sanchez would have displayed the same anger that recently signed backup Drew Stanton showed. For all the talk of being a leader, Sanchez never operates like one. He should have leveled the Jets for making this move, and made it clear he was not interested in leaving the game for a gadget offense. Sanchez needs to stand up for himself and not appear as if he was paid off to be a good soldier.

Instead, Sanchez is quaking like a fawn worried that Tebow will kick his scrawny ass into oblivion after slapping him silly with wet towels in the locker room. Of course Tebow will spend 1,000 more years in Purgatory for these transgressions. Totally worth it.

Last edited:
STOP IT!!!! STOP RIGHT NOW!!!

don't you guys realize you're gonna ruin this whole circus before we even reach preseason???

and I LOVE the Rat Circus!!!...you keep sniping and harrassing poor teen heart throb Murk and he might just take his ball and boa scarf and go home...THEN WHAT,HUH????

oh wait...then it's Tebow Time in Jersey...holy krist....God has listened to Patriot fans prayers and given us this GIFT...how could I not see it...sorry Tunes...PWP...Tip...I thought we might have gotten cheated out of some delicious schadenfreude, but upon further reflection...let the circus begin...BRING ON THE CLOWNS!!!..and remember..don't leave home without it!

american-depress-green_500.jpg

The question I keep coming back to is how is this trade going to help smooth things over with Sanchez and Santonio Holmes? That situation is worth watching.
If Tebow gets a start for whatever reason, and Holmes only gets targeted with a couple of kuckleballs, he will be begging for Sanchez.

Better question is how will Tebow deal with Holmes antics?

Can't wait for this team to implode, only now I'll feel bad for Tebow. Even thou they suck, there's always a few Jets that are hard to hate.

Brian Dawkins shows the kind of man he is, a bit of what Tebow is, and the kind of leader that Sanchez isn't.

@TimTebow, I wanna thank u, 4 wht u helped us do last year. On the field & off! I have NO doubt that u will B a blessing 4 the Jets!

Brian Dawkins (@BrianDawkins) on Twitter

I just picture Sanchez pulling a Rumplestiltskin while screaming "I am a leader!"

Brian Dawkins shows the kind of man he is, a bit of what Tebow is, and the kind of leader that Sanchez isn't.

Brian Dawkins (@BrianDawkins) on Twitter

I just picture Sanchez pulling a Rumplestiltskin while screaming "I am a leader!"
LT is classy cuz he says he is (Love when Deion called him out on this)

Sanchez is a leader cuz he says he is

Jets are gonna win the SB cuz Rex said they were :bricks::bricks::bricks:

What it must be like to be a Jets fan. LOL

Even though I strongly disagree with cornerback Antonio Cromartie's comments about the Jets not needing Tebow, Sanchez should have made that comment. If he is not going to stand up for himself and has to rely on teammates, how can he be the leader of the team? He can't and he won't, unless he gets ticked off.No matter what the Jets claim publicly, they don't really believe in Sanchez. They can say all the right things about him being their guy, but their actions say otherwise. How can they think their locker room is going to improve by creating a quarterback controversy? The question I keep coming back to is how is this trade going to help smooth things over with Sanchez and Santonio Holmes? That situation is worth watching.

I strongly disagree with this. If Sanchez came out whining everyone on this board would be all over it -- its not leadership to criticize your coach/management for bringing in another player that could potentially replace you.
What Sanchez could've said is 'Tebow is a great player and I welcome the opportunity to prove myself as a starter' -- ie what you'd expect out of a patriot player.

And the backup qb whining is the equivalent of b

Can't wait to see Baby Jesus throwing wobbly ducks at our secondary. Rexy will be having a coronary before halftime.

Can't wait to see Baby Jesus throwing wobbly ducks at our secondary. Rexy will be having a coronary before halftime.
In 2 games last year he threw 0 picks against us, while Sanchez threw 3

yeah..but to be a little fair...that last game he didn't throw too many completions either...so I wouldn't consider the Pats making INT's too much of a big deal...I mean it's tough to make INT's when the ball isn't even in the vicinity of the WR...

True, but fumble recoveries work too, and we got him for one and outscored Den. 86-33. Slutchez is a bad QB too. The Jokes are toast and Ryan's gone after this year. Teblow went 20-48-330-0 over 2 games against our admittedly pourous secondary. I'm not going to tabulate the QB rating, but I can tell you it sucks.

yeah..but to be a little fair...that last game he didn't throw too many completions either...so I wouldn't consider the Pats making INT's too much of a big deal...I mean it's tough to make INT's when the ball isn't even in the vicinity of the WR...

He couldn't hit the broadside of a gymnasium.:)

And calling the the Jets (Ugh), the Jokes is not meant as an affront to you Joker.:)

It'd be amazing if he decided to play Punt Protector and Field Goal holder in Special Teams.

Opposing teams would crap themselves at the thought of a guy that can run, pass, or just simply do his normal job and facilitate a punt/kick.

At the very least it would net you more yards in special teams, if not outright first downs every now and then.

It'd be amazing if he decided to play Punt Protector and Field Goal holder in Special Teams.

Opposing teams would crap themselves at the thought of a guy that can run, pass, or just simply do his normal job and facilitate a punt/kick.

At the very least it would net you more yards in special teams, if not outright first downs every now and then.

He's going to NY. I pray for him to FAIL!!!

Rex doesn't even know who is on the field in the New York Jesters offense.

Rex doesn't even know who is on the field in the New York Jesters offense.

I wish he- "Rex" was on the feild. I'd double the bounty on him with any and all PatsFans. Screw a fine and suspension.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing