PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Team thinks Burkhead tore his ACL

So horrible, I feel so bad, I love Burkhead, he’s been a helluva Patriot since he’s been here. He’ll be missed. Came up big during the 2018 SB run.

Really, really sucks. He's been a bright spot this year, and like mentioned above, had a couple legendary moments leading up to #6. If it's indeed his last game in a Pats uniform, then I wish him the best. It's a jersey I would be proud to wear for years to come.

Tough news, sony gonnna hafta stay healthy now

Any chance JJ gets a spin once he's healed?

Sorry about Burkhead. Great guy to have on your team.

Maybe JJ Taylor gets some carries/catches now.

I appreciate Rex. Always gave 150%. Continued the excellence from Woodhead. Hope James White gets his workload and Harris gets 25 carries a game. McDaniels stop trying to falsely elevate Sony or Harry into the game plan because they were your picks.

Last edited:
I appreciate Rex. Always gave 150%. Continued the excellence from Woodhead. Hope James White gets his workload and Harris gets 25 carries a game. McDaniels stop trying to falsely elevate Sony or Harry into the game plan because they were your picks.

Yeah, was a bit of a drought at the white RB position between Woodhead and Burkhead:rofl::rofl:

@scott99 quote:

"So horrible, I feel so bad, I love Burkhead, he’s been a helluva Patriot since he’s been here. He’ll be missed. Came up big during the 2018 SB run."

Amen. God bless and Godspeed, Rex. You have indeed been a helluva Patriot.

Last edited:
At least it's not a concussion...but yeah. He's done. The happiest guy in the world is Sony Michell.

The good Lord sent him a son on Tuesday....one door closes, another opens in this life. Rex is a success story and will continue to be. Thanks for giving us 100% every snap, Rex.

He got some grief around these parts a few years ago, but it was undeserved. B has been a very productive and important player, especially this year. You could make the argument that he was one of the most valuable players this season.

I suspect this means the end of his run here, but I’ll remember him fondly.

He got some grief around these parts a few years ago, but it was undeserved. B has been a very productive and important player, especially this year. You could make the argument that he was one of the most valuable players this season.

I suspect this means the end of his run here, but I’ll remember him fondly.
Might be the end of his run period, the play didnt look like much but I guess he twisted just right. He gave us out money's worth, was a good Pat.

Damn, hope this isn’t the end for him. Love Rex Burkhead, he’s a champion in the truest sense.

Again really sad to see. Wish him the best. Appreciate everything he did. Got to live the dream , a NFL player for years.

Not to make light of this, but I wonder if there's another short kid in this year's draft set to go undrafted with a last name ending in -head

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back