PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Team thinks Burkhead tore his ACL

Rex was huge in the 2018 playoffs. Game winning TD against the Chiefs then the huge 26 yard run late in the Super Bowl. Valuable role player who will be missed. Hoping that either Michel or Harris are able to pick up some his pass catching responsibilities.

Sony will take his snaps in the rotation but he will still be missed. He doesn’t telegraph the play to the defense like Sony does.

If Burkhead did tear his ACL, his career is likely done. Even in the best circumstances, it takes 9 months to recover. By then, Burkhead will be on the cusp of 31. Not sure that anyone would bring in a 31 year old RB who had just recovered from ACL surgery..

As for a silver lining I am hoping this means more James White.

Sony will take his snaps in the rotation but he will still be missed. He doesn’t telegraph the play to the defense like Sony does.

By far the most disappointing aspect of Sony so far has been has lack of any real threat in the passing game. I remember him being pretty good at Georgia as a receiving threat, and although I hated (and still do) using a 1st round pick on a RB, a 3 down RB would be a nice get. Instead it feels like everytime Sony is in they're pretty much assured a run.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back