PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TB12 Tells Kraft he's "willing to play another 6-7 years"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think this particular decision will not be up to BB. I feel BK will have final say on TB and will want never let him go to another team and will let him retire when he wants as a Patriot.
The day Kraft dictates a player decision to BB is the day BB resigns as HC of the NEP.

I admire TB tremendously as a person, and he really is the best qb of all time, but I don't think he can do it. My experience has been that somewhere around 45, your body just gets difficult about doing what you tell it to do. When you're younger, TRYING will ALWAYS work; focus and hard work can overcome anything. At some point, it just stops working that way. I'm at peace with it (It helps that I do pretty well for a 70-year-old.). TB is driven, but he's wise too, so he'll be fine. That wailing sound will be the fans.

I'm getting kinda tired of this, "Brady is playing for another x years.." stuff.

While it's something I desperately want, I see no need for it to be continuously discussed.

Just do it.

Not sure I understand; Are you saying Pats fans booed him? Or San Fran/Cali fans booed him? If San Fran, it makes sense since Brady never played for them so don't really have any attachment to him besides him growing up in Cali. Plus how would you know if it was San Fran fans? Most fans were either Broncos/Panthers fans...

That is fair. There could have been Bears fans in that crowd for all we know as well. My point still stands that he was booed there, in the stadium of his childhood favorite team.

The day Kraft dictates a player decision to BB is the day BB resigns as HC of the NEP.

Agree to disagree, but I think Tom is the one player RK will not let BB discard like a used tampon. All other players are fair game, but TB is "like a son" to RK.

Also RK was a pats fan before being the owner... i.e he's been through the tough times as we all have and he knows that Tom is the best thing to ever happen to the Pats. I just don't see him letting BB throw Tom to the side like any other player.

That is fair. There could have been Bears fans in that crowd for all we know as well. My point still stands that he was booed there, in the stadium of his childhood favorite team.

That doesn't mean that Pats fans booed him as your original post insinuated. It means that fans of the other 31 teams booed him, which is expected as the Media (ESPN) has made him out to be a cheater even though physics proves otherwise.

I laugh my ass off at people who think it's impossible. He's been told that his whole life, you think this is any different?

He'll double down on the training regimen, healthy diet and everything else he does just to rub everyone's faces in it who say he can't do it.

To quote John Locke from Lost, "Don't tell me what I can't do!"

I think Tom is a bit overconfident in his diet and lifestyle being able to prolong his career into the 45+ age..I hope I'm wrong.

So ... we'll be trading a mid round QB yet to be drafted in 3 or 4 years ... got it.

I just watched a 39 year old QB take his team, HIS TEAM, to victory down 28-3 with a little over 15 minutes left in the biggest game of the season. If this mad MOFO says he's playing another 7 years, he's playing another 7 years. I can't bet against him. I can't.

Agree to disagree, but I think Tom is the one player RK will not let BB discard like a used tampon. All other players are fair game, but TB is "like a son" to RK.

Also RK was a pats fan before being the owner... i.e he's been through the tough times as we all have and he knows that Tom is the best thing to ever happen to the Pats. I just don't see him letting BB throw Tom to the side like any other player.
That's fine. I just don't see Bill letting anyone dictate the running of the team to him. The day that happens he's gone.

I laugh my ass off at people who think it's impossible. He's been told that his whole life, you think this is any different?

He'll double down on the training regimen, healthy diet and everything else he does just to rub everyone's faces in it who say he can't do it.

To quote John Locke from Lost, "Don't tell me what I can't do!"
Because nobody in the history of athletics has doubled down on their training regimen and diet. Time catches everybody.

Because nobody in the history of athletics has doubled down on their training regimen and diet. Time catches everybody.
Yes we get it. Time catches everybody. That does nothing to tell us whether or not Brady can be an effective QB for the next 5 years or so.

My money's on Brady. Good luck to all y'all betting against him.

Good for Tom (and you guys). Heck, the NFL too since the guy is damn good.

But this just makes me want the Jets to go winless this year even more. With today's wussy rules (especially relating to QBs), QBs can easily play to 40. Imagine drafting a top notch QB now (Darnold). Then factor in the inevitable further wussification of the league over then next years/decades. A top notch 20 year old QB entering the league now could be great into his 50s!

One horrible year for 20-30+ years of having a great QB. Sign me up for that!

Good for Tom (and you guys). Heck, the NFL too since the guy is damn good.

But this just makes me want the Jets to go winless this year even more. With today's wussy rules (especially relating to QBs), QBs can easily play to 40. Imagine drafting a top notch QB now (Darnold). Then factor in the inevitable further wussification of the league over then next years/decades. A top notch 20 year old QB entering the league now could be great into his 50s!

One horrible year for 20-30+ years of having a great QB. Sign me up for that!
Good luck with that...

The day of the Super Bowl a guy I work with texted me to get me to bet him $20 on the game. The day after the Super Bowl I told him the same thing I have basically been saying here for a long time........you never bet against Tom Brady.

If Brady believes he can play until he's 45 then I believe him. When has he ever let us down?

That doesn't mean that Pats fans booed him as your original post insinuated. It means that fans of the other 31 teams booed him, which is expected as the Media (ESPN) has made him out to be a cheater even though physics proves otherwise.

I did not say Pats fans booed him. I said his own hometown people. Pats fans are not his hometown people. We are his 2nd hometown. The more successful one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back