PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TB12 Tells Kraft he's "willing to play another 6-7 years"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember the scene in The Wire where Bunk and McNulty are investigating a murder scene and the dialogue is strictly

"F.ck"

"F.ckin A"

"F.ck me"

"Holy F.ck"

"God F.cking damn"...................

That's every NFL front office and coaching staff this morning.

Here's an important question that no one seems to be considering: What do you think JG's reaction was upon hearing this news? I can tell you -- besides disgust, he wants out. Heck, he deserves to be traded, to have the opportunity to play the game. He's waited long enough. Even if Brady is wrong and he only plays 3 more seasons -- that's 6 years on the bench for JG. That's just not fair for a guy who has talent. He's wanted elsewhere.

At least Malcolm Butler gets to play. He has one more year and he'll collect a huge payday. JG? He's living a nightmare at this point. Sure, he'll get paid after this year. If NE gives him the franchise tag, he'll be making more money than Brady. But he can make his money AND play. JG's instagram message bidding farewell wasn't hacked -- it was his way of saying "enough."

None of this adds up. Free Jimmy Garoppolo. I mean, at what point does this just become a cruel mind game for JG?

If I'm Garoppolo, I'm on the phone to Belichick begging him to trade me. Literally begging the man. And if it doesn't happen, I'm gone as soon as I can get out of NE.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember the scene in The Wire where Bunk and McNulty are investigating a murder scene and the dialogue is strictly

"F.ck"

"F.ckin A"

"F.ck me"

"Holy F.ck"

"God F.cking damn"...................

That's every NFL front office and coaching staff this morning.

I can't wait to see Tom Brady, 45 years old, fully white beard, throwing TDs to guys that are in high school at this very moment. Warms my up inside.

Roger in his shaving mirror today.

Ooh.. Im going to fix them. The shield and integrity demand another frame job....mommie!!

I hate brady mom.

Here's an important question that no one seems to be considering: What do you think JG's reaction was upon hearing this news? I can tell you -- besides disgust, he wants out. Heck, he deserves to be traded, to have the opportunity to play the game. He's waited long enough. Even if Brady is wrong and he only plays 3 more seasons -- that's 6 years on the bench for JG. That's just not fair for a guy who has talent. He's wanted elsewhere.

At least Malcolm Butler gets to play. He has one more year and he'll collect a huge payday. JG? He's living a nightmare at this point. Sure, he'll get paid after this year. If NE gives him the franchise tag, he'll be making more money than Brady. But he can make his money AND play. JG's instagram message bidding farewell wasn't hacked -- it was his way of saying "enough."

None of this adds up. Free Jimmy Garoppolo. I mean, at what point does this just become a cruel mind game for JG?

If I'm Garoppolo, I'm on the phone to Belichick begging him to trade me. Literally begging the man. And if it doesn't happen, I'm gone as soon as I can get out of NE.

I'm sure he's known for a long time that Brady isn't close to hanging them up.

I'm sure he's known for a long time that Brady isn't close to hanging them up.
Yeah and he also knows he'll never be the starting QB. At worst (for him) he'll have to wait two more years and then he can leave.

I just hope Belichick does what's best for everyone and trades the guy.

I am getting a little long in the tooth, Please refresh my memory.

What did Belichick say?

I was unable to find a link to the comments, so I'll need to paraphrase. BB once said that they don't want to be like the Colts & completely fall out of contention when/if they lose their starting QB. It was an indication that he values the backup position more than some (many?) other coaches.

I wish it was more like 2-3 more years and he retires at the top

The last thing I'd want to witness is Tom being afraid to leave the game

I wish it was more like 2-3 more years and he retires at the top

The last thing I'd want to witness is Tom being afraid to leave the game

2-3 years is still the realistic prediction. He will be here as long as he's still great or until belichick feels like he has a real franchise capable successor ready to take over. Belichick won't be afraid to move on from brady if he thinks that is what's in the best interest of the team. That is why I'm not worried about any of this. He's not running the team like an emotionally unstable fan. BeliGOAT knows best. Whenever/if he decides to move on from brady I will trust its the right time.

Too much emphasis is being placed on a number (can't play past 43, 45 whatever). Injuries and their cumulative effect are the major reason people have to quit. If he is able to minimize those, there is no inherent reason he cannot continue to compete. People age differently, some can do things at 50 while others lose it at 40. Also the motivation to compete and prepare goes - but not so far with Brady. And the past can be a poor guide - humans are always expanding the realm of the possible.

Too much emphasis is being placed on a number (can't play past 43, 45 whatever). Injuries and their cumulative effect are the major reason people have to quit. If he is able to minimize those, there is no inherent reason he cannot continue to compete. People age differently, some can do things at 50 while others lose it at 40. Also the motivation to compete and prepare goes - but not so far with Brady. And the past can be a poor guide - humans are always expanding the realm of the possible.
Let's also acknowledge the fact that Brady is running and moving far more fluidly at 39 than he did at 23.

Yeah and he also knows he'll never be the starting QB. At worst (for him) he'll have to wait two more years and then he can leave.

I just hope Belichick does what's best for everyone and trades the guy.

I'm not of the belief that Jimmy Garrapolo has been done wrong by the Patriots and I don't think they owe him anything. He has been well paid, he's had the opportunity to be a part of great teams and has two rings, and he has learned from the best coach and QB of all time as well as a great OC. He is going to get his chance to be a starter in the not too distant future and if he can stay healthy he should turn out to be a good player. I think he is in a much better position than the young QB's who get thrown right into action well before they are ready, and I think most of them would have been much better off had they had the time to learn how to prepare the Garrapolo has.

I agree on trading him if they get the right compensation in return because it will help them load up even more for the coming years.

Football is a violent game. Brady still has the ability and the desire to absorb the big hits. Desire is not enough, but without it you are done.

Who knows how long he will go on for, but for all i care i am just going to appreciate the greatness we get to see every Sunday, and the inspiration of never giving up. Which will become more important across the world. Lets just take time to realise we will never see a "Brady" again. The Goat, The Man, The one who you and your kids should look up to. Shows that hard Work will always beat talent.

The 'never give up' attitude was the winning message of that SB.

Let's also acknowledge the fact that Brady is running and moving far more fluidly at 39 than he did at 23.

I think everything is better, from his basic athleticism to his arm and his flexibility and ability to take hits. There has never been a QB better prepared to play at this point in their career and I don't think the deterioration of other QB's is relevant to him. Laird Hamilton has used many of the same approaches to taking care of himself for decades and he's still riding monster waves at 52, and that takes far more athleticism than playong QB does. I don't think there's any reason Brady can't continue to play at a high level until he's 45. And while Belichick will continue to prepare for life when Brady retires I think he sees the same things in Brady's game now as he always has and won't move on from him until there is someone better to do the job.

I think everything is better, from his basic athleticism to his arm and his flexibility and ability to take hits. There has never been a QB better prepared to play at this point in their career and I don't think the deterioration of other QB's is relevant to him. Laird Hamilton has used many of the same approaches to taking care of himself for decades and he's still riding monster waves at 52, and that takes far more athleticism than playong QB does. I don't think there's any reason Brady can't continue to play at a high level until he's 45. And while Belichick will continue to prepare for life when Brady retires I think he sees the same things in Brady's game now as he always has and won't move on from him until there is someone better to do the job.

Here's Laird at 53. Son of a ***** still doesn't look a day older than 30. I really think that what with him, Brady, and others- human health and durability is undergoing a revolution in definition. 50 is the new 30.

Personally, anything good we get out of Brady from this point on is icing on the cake for me. If we get another great season (or two) out of him, I would consider that a great blessing.

laird.jpg

Here's Laird at 53. Son of a ***** still doesn't look a day older than 30. I really think that what with him, Brady, and others- human health and durability is undergoing a revolution in definition. 50 is the new 30.

Personally, anything good we get out of Brady from this point on is icing on the cake for me. If we get another great season (or two) out of him, I would consider that a great blessing.

View attachment 16711

I agree completely, I think many are applying old standards to Brady's situation and they don't apply to him. Over and over and over people are saying Brady is running out of time but not one has been able to point to any deterioration when that's what is actually needed to make their case. I'm really looking forward to watching Brady destroy the competition while once again proving his detractors wrong.

View attachment 16711

It amazes me that he's still riding the biggest waves. If anything should be a young mans game it's that.

View attachment 16711

Heck, I'm trying to look like that at 58 ....

I was unable to find a link to the comments, so I'll need to paraphrase. BB once said that they don't want to be like the Colts & completely fall out of contention when/if they lose their starting QB. It was an indication that he values the backup position more than some (many?) other coaches.
Just to be fair, that Colts team really seemed to tank on purpose without Manning to ensure that they won the right to draft Luck. I am not saying that team was in good shape without Manning; I am saying if there wasn't an uber prospect like Luck available, the Colts may have won a few more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes