PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TB12 Tells Kraft he's "willing to play another 6-7 years"

Status
Not open for further replies.
south_park_stan.jpg

If true BB has a major decision to make...

What, in the Old Folks Home? :D

I've convinced TB + 5yrs - injury will be a better, more able QB, than the corpse of Peyton Manning DEN trotted out en route to a dominant W-L record and SB victory a few years back.

I actually hope it happens, just to see how TB might evolve to stay effective as his arm strength diminishes, scrambling ability takes a hit (not much tho :)), pocket mobility decreases (this could hurt), but game intelligence and audible play calling remain sharp. Quite sure he could remain pretty effective. Especially if he keeps the cap hit reasonable so a better cast can be built around him to take the pressure off any weakened areas.

I've convinced TB + 5yrs - injury will be a better more able QB than the corpse of Peyton Manning DEN trotted out en route to a dominant W-L record and SB victory a few years back.

I actually hope it happens, just to see how TB might evolve and stay effective as arm strength diminishes, scrambling ability takes a hit (not much tho :)), pocket mobility decreases (this could hurt), but game intelligence remains sharp. Quite sure he could be pretty effective. Especially if he keeps the cap hit reasonable, so a better cast can be built around him.

IF BB trades JAG for draft value, then a fine supporting cast, protection, weapons & defense could be available for these 5 years.

Every year he gives us from now on is gravy. I think he can sustain excellence longer than almost any QB. But even TB will eventually feel it's time to walk away.

He's given more than anyone could have ever expected/wanted. I hope he keeps it up. But I am curious to see how many more seasons he can excel. And, even more curious to see if Brady wants to keep going when he goes from excellent to good... because that is when people will need to think about making tough decisions.

Never bet against Tom Brady.

If anything this news annoys me - well not the news, just that it was shared with the media. It makes the JimmyG situation look a lot more like posturing by the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes