PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TB12 Tells Kraft he's "willing to play another 6-7 years"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never bet against Tom Brady.

If anything this news annoys me - well not the news, just that it was shared with the media. It makes the JimmyG situation look a lot more like posturing by the Patriots.
I used to think it was posturing too. But, as time passes & BB keeps restocking, I wonder if coach truly feels the team is so stacked that if TB goes on the shelf this year that the SB dream doesn't die. That jimmy could actually take this crew to the championship...

I am still rooting for a complete fleecing of Cleveland. But I am open to the "we want to win this season & even losing Brady does not necessarily derail us" theory. I also remember BB's Colts-losing-Manning comments.

IF BB trades JAG for draft value, then a fine supporting cast, protection, weapons & defense could be available for these 5 years.

I agree. If I'm BB I might be willing to pull the trigger and hope TB stays healthy 4 years (maybe even half another) out of 5, with a Brisset type backup (that is, one that probably can't win a SB if TB gets hurt), versus a JG type backup that might still be able to get you ring. Although those extra pieces could make a Brisset type more effective in those emergency situations as well.

I can really only see 3-5 year...6-7 I know he's great..but he has to decline at some point..it's just natural

I agree. If I'm BB I might be willing to pull the trigger and hope TB stays healthy 3.5+ years out of 5, with a Brisset type backup, that is, one that probably can't win a SB if TB gets hurt; versus a JG type backup that might still be able to get you the prize. Although those extra pieces could make a Brisset type more effective in those emergency situations as well.

How many years has BB gone to the well to make sure that TFB had a backup that could win the SB?
I remember BB trading away Drew Bledsoe who might possibly could have won one, assuming he listened to his HC.

It's not impossible but his life would be made much more easier if he has a Elite Young RB. Wouldn't mind seeing Brady throwing off Play Action the rest of his years that's what Dak Prescott did all last season with the workhorse E Elliott.

Damn Tom, I've put it on my bucket list to attend your HOF induction. If you play 7 more years and add the 5 year wait I'll be 75. Hope I still have my faculties......and teeth for crying out loud:eek:

How many years has BB gone to the well to make sure that TFB had a backup that could win the SB?
I remember BB trading away Drew Bledsoe who might possibly could have won one, assuming he listened to his HC.

None to not many... so far. But if you're gambling on a 45yr old QB staying healthy you need to make some adjustments to that strategy I would presume.

At this point, we fans are playing with house money. So I'm just going to enjoy the rest of this ride for as long as it lasts because they only let you ride it once, and even then only if you win the ticket lottery.

Even if you doubt it can happen, try imagining TB pulling off another 7 years without significant decline.

It may be true that Tom Brady is always motivated, and Belichick was correct in insulting reports who implied the suspension motivated him more. I can't imagine, though, that a guy with a supermodel life and who loves his family, and who has already accomplished more than any other player in league history, would be planning to play until he is 47...if it weren't for the **** scandal they put him through. I have to believe that his humiliating frame job has turned this man into red hot flaming ball of vengeance. This is the revenge he wants to take on all those owners who smeared him and all those fan bases who booed him. He will continue to torment them and extend their hellish nightmare for as long as it's (super)humanly possible.

He's also said he'll quit when he sucks, so we can all relax.

Agreed. I'm glad to see that he will retire when he declines significantly.

I've seen posts speculating that after Brady declines the Pats might trade him to another team, but even though no player is above the team, I think this might be the exception. I just don't see Brady finishing his career on some other team. I think he will stay on the Patriots until he "starts to suck", and then retire. Many players that keep playing "when they suck" do so because they just can't walk away from the $$$, and that obviously isn't the major driving force with Brady.

Hopefully his retirement will be similar to that of Bruschi, as an honored Patriot.

If anything this news annoys me - well not the news, just that it was shared with the media. It makes the JimmyG situation look a lot more like posturing by the Patriots.
I agree, never bet against Tom Brady. I can see him being very good for 3 more years. After that, well Father Time never loses. Most will write him off at 40 or 41, I think he's gonna be very good till 43. Right now, he's a better QB than he ever was. Well maybe he was better in 2007, but I don't think the 2007 Tom Brady could do what he did in SB 49 & 51. He's a friggen stone cold killer right now in his career.

Kraft tipsy before noon again. BB is playing stone faced poker to get a ransom out of Cleveland. Kraft has 8 mimosa's before noon and shows his hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes