PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TB12 Tells Kraft he's "willing to play another 6-7 years"

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many years has BB gone to the well to make sure that TFB had a backup that could win the SB?
I remember BB trading away Drew Bledsoe who might possibly could have won one, assuming he listened to his HC.

Does anybody plan their backup QB with winning the super bowl in mind?* IMO, a back up's best case is to not lose too many games if the starter is out for a few, worst case is to make sure an audience still shows up for the games.

* 2001 noted.
** And, one doesn't have to go all Curtis Painter either.

My understanding is that Rodgers and Bree's are doing much of core/pliability/ and yoga training but I don't know if they are following the diet program. I think Brady's approach is going to become the norm for quarterbacks going forward, not necessarily the diet though.

Interesting. I didn't know that Rodgers and Bree were starting to use some of the same methods. Of course, it makes complete sense given what Brady has done at 39.

I can't find a link, but I think I remember also reading about how Brady has "trained himself to fall" a certain way (I know, I know, only Brady would think of this), to where he somehow completely relaxes himself as he gets hit to avoid injury. I'm surprised that hasn't also caught on also with injury prone quarterbacks.

I find that the most remarkable part of his performance over the last 2 years, his lack of injury despite being absolutely pounded (especially the year before last).

Does anybody plan their backup QB with winning the super bowl in mind?* IMO, a back up's best case is to not lose too many games if the starter is out for a few, worst case is to make sure an audience still shows up for the games.

* 2001 noted.
** And, one doesn't have to go all Curtis Painter either.

IMHO, the answer is yes. ;)bill-belichick-022216-getty-ftrjpg_1y1b9ar71ae7j17i2t1fe0wsql.jpg

Doesn't mean he has to be the starter

I don't think this great movie ends with Brady sitting on the bench for three seasons.

What specifically was in decline?
What changes did he make to address the specific issues in decline?
Roster improvement was the key, but you couldn't let it go.
His mechanics have changed quite a bit. He's using a lot more of his entire body to get the same zip on the ball.

Does anybody plan their backup QB with winning the super bowl in mind?

...one doesn't have to go all Curtis Painter either.

one could go all Earl Morrall, though

just sayin...

and 1972 was a long time ago...

spt-earl-morrall.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back