PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl Menu & Watch Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be me and my daughter, since she seems to like being with me when I'm like a potty-mouthed six-year-old.

But both of us have to work over the weekend (she because she needs the money, and me because I'm an idiot who gets over-scheduled) and, anyway, we'll be too stressed for any serious eating. I discovered during the KC game that she likes Jack's Abbey Lager -- as do I. So I've got that and some of their Smoke and Dagger (strongly recommended!).

I'll make some food, but it's got to be the kind that takes no effort during the game. Probably a fish soup and some chips and guacamole.

Red or white?
It was a nice Chianti that my FIL shipped back from Italy. Don’t have much experience with them, but to me, it tasted like a combo of a Merlot/Cab.

At any rate, I was wishing that I had a glass during the game, and that’s the route I may take this Sunday to help alleviate some stress, but opening the victory bottle afterwards and watching all of the highlights over and over is pretty cool, too!!!! It feels like my own personal victory celebration.

Menu not set for us either...but probably will involve liquor for post-game misery or celebration.....man....so nervous...

I always order pizza. Usually around halftime. And of course I'm drinking. I told my friend he could watch with me but I was drunk and happy when I said that after watching the pats win the AFC championship and there's no way in hell he is watching with me. I need to watch alone with no outside distractions. Nobody I know loves the patriots as much as I do therefore I don't want them in the room with me when I'm watching.

It was a nice Chianti that my FIL shipped back from Italy. Don’t have much experience with them, but to me, it tasted like a combo of a Merlot/Cab.

At any rate, I was wishing that I had a glass during the game, and that’s the route I may take this Sunday to help alleviate some stress, but opening the victory bottle afterwards and watching all of the highlights over and over is pretty cool, too!!!! It feels like my own personal victory celebration.

I like Chianti. I met a lady at a bar in the North End who mentioned that if I liked Chianti then I should try a Vino Nobile di Multepuciano that they served at that restaurant, which I did. It's like a Chianti only a little bolder. Mmmmmmm.

No party ... just my son, wife and I.

Will be a great day my son and I going to the Celtics vs OKC at 2:00
Picking up some Chinese food on the way home for the game ... yum.

I'll be here in the GDT and home with the family...It kind of has become a tradition!!!

I’ll be going to a friends house who’s a 49ers fan but roots for the Pats because I like them. Extra incentive for this game because he also doesn’t want to see the Rams win.

I used to be like some posters that they want to be alone because they’re too nervous or agitated watching it around people. I decided years ago I didn’t want to be like that because it’s just a game and is not going to benefit me in life if they win.

Menu will probably be Pizza or BBQ’d burgers, and chips and dip (of course!).

Since my mom died in 2002 we have always watched any big games with my dad. The last few years as he got sicker we made sure we were with him thinking this could be the last game we watch with him. He passed in July. So now I am going to do what I haven't done in 17 years. Meet some friends for Chinese drinks and some food at 12. Go to the club to drink and play cards after. I'll probably go home right before the game or halftime and watch the end of the game by myself. Thank you Pats for all the great memories you gave us with our dad.

Pizza. Lots of pizza. And wings. This is football after all right?

Gotta keep it simple, or I get too buzzed, lose focus at a critical moment and don't do a good enough job of willing the helmet catch to not happen. NEVER AGAIN!

I like Chianti. I met a lady at a bar in the North End who mentioned that if I liked Chianti then I should try a Vino Nobile di Multepuciano that they served at that restaurant, which I did. It's like a Chianti only a little bolder. Mmmmmmm.
Ha. Yes, mine had quite the long Italian name as well. Azendia Vitivinicola I Selvatici—Cardisco (2012). Thank goodness for the Vivino app to keep track and allow me to add to my “profile,” (which had basically consisted of a bunch of 20-40 dollar wines prior to this selection) because I could’ve had this tattooed on my arm and still wouldn’t have been able to remember correctly. :)

@italian pat patriot do these words translate to much of anything or is it just basically a family name? Is this a well known selection over there? The Vivino app says that it’s a pretty decent pickup. I actually have 2 more of these and 3 similar whites, as he shipped half a case back home.

Stay away from parties, my wife and I will be home alone watching the game..

Do not like crowds who either do not understand the game.. blabber about what they heard on sportstalk ... or just talk too much during the game..

Food is not an issue, whatever we eat we eat.. it is about the Superbowl after all.

Ha. Yes, mine had quite the long Italian name as well. Azendia Vitivinicola I Selvatici. Thank goodness for the Vivino app to keep track and allow me to add to my “profile,” (which had basically consisted of a bunch of 20-40 dollar wines prior to this selection) because I could’ve had this tattooed on my arm and still wouldn’t have been able to remember correctly. :)

My fave is Frascati, a real dry white Italian wine, but it has proven to be somewhat of an achilles heel for me as I like it way too much... do not see as much of it in liquor stores, probably a good thing. I will be alcohol free so I can savor every moment of this game and do not need for it to be clouded by anything.

Since my mom died in 2002 we have always watched any big games with my dad. The last few years as he got sicker we made sure we were with him thinking this could be the last game we watch with him. He passed in July. So now I am going to do what I haven't done in 17 years. Meet some friends for Chinese drinks and some food at 12. Go to the club to drink and play cards after. I'll probably go home right before the game or halftime and watch the end of the game by myself. Thank you Pats for all the great memories you gave us with our dad.
It will be 5 years on the day after the game since I lost mine, and I still miss the post-game phone calls. Every time I see a replay of the Butler INT to win the game on the goal line, I imagine how excited he’d have been.

If you do decide to leave at the half, at least you’ll have the extended break which will consist of a bunch of bad music ruining it for the rest of us.

My fave is Frascati, a real dry white Italian wine, but it has proven to be somewhat of an achilles heel for me as I like it way too much... do not see as much of it in liquor stores, probably a good thing. I will be alcohol free so I can savor every moment of this game and do not need for it to be clouded by anything.
That’s how I normally am for games. I never drink anything, but after that AFCCG nail biter, I’m thinking that a glass or two may allow me to calm down enough to enjoy the game a bit more. I’m going to see how it goes during the first half or so.

Do not like crowds who either do not understand the game.. blabber about what they heard on sportstalk ... or just talk too much during the game.. .
Yeah, I do NOT have the patience to deal with something like that. People talking during the plays and commenting on the stupid new Geico commercial can do that without my presence. I may honestly end up losing my sh!t if I have to deal with that nonsense. I’ll save that for the years that our team doesn’t participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe