PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl Menu & Watch Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a guess! I know that India is on the 1/2 hr too but they're behind you.

Nepal is on the 1/4 hr!
Huh, my brother has been to Nepal twice and never said a word.

For the Super Bowl I need comfort food and generally go for lobster Mac n cheese as the main dish. I beg my sister to whip up her pulled pork and also bring a pot of real mashed potatoes and her secret ingredient. I’m usually the only pure Pats fan (it’s NY) but it works for others because it’s a close game. The only apps are guacamole and salsa. Visitors must bring desserts and or preferred beverages. 3 TVs are on in different rooms because I sometimes have to change the karma and move to a different room.

You hit the nail on the head! It's a bit bizarre time zone, I think one of the only few in a world on the 0.5.
India Standard Time is also offset by 10.5-11.5 hours (depending on time of year).

EDIT: I missed that PJ beat me to it

Last edited:
Just a point of interest:

Actual shepherd's pie (lamb), or cowherd's pie (beef)?
Probably the latter. My Irish brother-in-law is bringing it and he won't tell anyone how he makes it.

Last edited:
Will have a 4 pack of Old Rasputin at the ready.

Just googled "Old Rasputin" and it looks great. I'll have to try it -- but it's too strong for Super Bowl Sunday stress drinking for me.

When I was young, you could buy this in "nips" (small bottles) at the pub. It was cheap and alcoholic and delicious. I also used to use it to make gravy with.

Food will probably be a Cali burrito and some carne asada fries, washed down with a 12 pack of Old milwaukee N/A followed by a 6 pack of Heineken 0.0, I just need some N/A Jaegermiester to make it a party ;)

Watching will be either alone at home with the SO and dog or with some friends from back east who also moved to SD. Recently we bumped into the couple at Logan and caught the Pats game after Xmas before boarding our flight, was a good watching experience and could consider being social during football again. We watched the SB with them last year and that didn’t turn out so well, watched alone vs ATL and it worked out nicely

Just googled "Old Rasputin" and it looks great. I'll have to try it -- but it's too strong for Super Bowl Sunday stress drinking for me.

When I was young, you could buy this in "nips" (small bottles) at the pub. It was cheap and alcoholic and delicious. I also used to use it to make gravy with.

When the weather gets cold, the Imperials are right up my alley. The body and richness of flavor cant be beat. That, and boy are they heavy. Old Rasputin is quality, and also available at Trader Joes;)

We are having tons of wings and maybe pizza.

At our house only pats fans allowed!!!

10% alcohol will put a little hair on your chest.

It just occurred to me...
The last time Atlanta hosted a SuperbBowl game was 2000.
You know...when RAY LEWIS wore a white fur coat and 2 men died at a night club that Ray and his entourage ran out of.

It just occurred to me...
The last time Atlanta hosted a SuperbBowl game was 2000.
You know...when RAY LEWIS wore a white fur coat and 2 men died at a night club that Ray and his entourage ran out of.
Are you suggesting that Ray may have been involved in some nefarious activity?

I'm exiled in New Jersey, but a Mass native owns an Irish pub 30 mins away. Start there for the live music and Guinness. On the way home for the game, ~maybe~ stop at Popeye's for crispy spicy chicken :D

Orrrrr, I can marinade some steaks, Portuguese style: Grind a paste of salt and garlic. Grind in paprika, peppercorns, olive oil, crumbled bay leaf. Rub it over the meat. Pour in vinho verde, and I add Porto, too. Refrigerate overnight.

If I need an appetizer, I call this Portagee Nachos: make Galinha Estufada (enough rice so it's not soupy), and simply scoop it with tortilla chips!

Azendia Vitivinicola I Selvatici—Cardisco

@italian pat patriot do these words translate to much of anything or is it just basically a family name?

Wouldn't be surprised if "Azendia" is similar to Spanish "Hacienda"... so kinda like the Estate/House of Vitivinicola and Selvatici-Cardisco.

My biggest disappointment is that Sam Adams Winter lager is not available in the UK, or at least i can't find it...to me that was my taste of Boston

You ain’t wrong... I eat very well and stay in shape and my blood pressure is still off the charts high. Going to have a heart attack like a beast before I’m 50 at this rate.
Take care, man.
Maybe you're just joking around, but if you're otherwise healthy and have good habits, you really oughta get a doctor who can figure out why your BP is so high. I'm older than you and there ain't nothin' funny about a heart attack or stroke at a young age.
OK. Enough serious stuff...back to important things like Goodell. :rolleyes:

Hope not, man. You're needed around here. I let mine out so my blood pressure is fine but I'm a prime candidate for a stroke. If that happens, I'm still posting here. It's just that I'll be POZBTING LIKKKKKEE6 THIS/
Same message as to @Patjew just above. Nothin' funny about a stroke. I'm probably a good bit older than you and I've seen what it does to lives.
OK. Again. Enough serious stuff. On to what color hoodie BB will wear on Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes