PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl LI .. PREGAME thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down here in Nashville and work for an airline. A lot of Pats fans in the airport today, really really came close to jumping on a flight to HOU.

quote:

One source said that if this were the regular season, Mack could miss six to eight weeks, but he will be out there Sunday, with concern running high among Atlanta officials.

The Falcons are confident Mack will hold up in pass-blocking, but they are uncertain if he will be effective on downfield blocks, or if his leg will hold up.

th
Seen this one before

I've had butterflies in my stomach all week. Everything points to the Patriots, but the game still has to be played. Anything can happen. Confidence != calm. Even if we have a 21 pt leading going into the 4th quarter, I'm going to be a nervous wreck until the clock reads 0:00. Especially with Atlanta's offense. No lead will be safe.

The difference is the Patriots defense is capable of stopping the Falcons offense. They aren't #1 for nothing. Sure their opponents have been not up to par, but it's not like the Falcons will be playing the hospital-ward Packers or the Saints (no offense Saints friends) who's D leaves much to be desired.

Anyone from this board who's going to the game, please update us when you get there on the patriots/falcons fans.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Love that Irving quote. (Paraphrased)

"People ask me why I don't wear my rings. I tell them when you have 1 SB ring you wear it to let people know what you did. When have more you don't have to let people know, they already know who you are."

They will in certain situations, but you'll be disappointed if you're expecting pressure on every snap. On most plays, the focus will be to limit the RBs in the passing game, which means they'll use the defensive ends and linebackers to chip them at the line.

Also, both teams will probably move the ball down the field with ease between the 20s. However, NE should do well in the red zone limiting Atlanta to FGs. Atlanta's offensive red zone execution hasn't been great, and their defensive red zone execution has been atrocious. Meanwhile, NE's has been brilliant on both sides of the ball.

Expect Atlanta to have about 400 yards of offense, but to be limited to 20something points.

Idk about that. I am expecting our defense to get some 3 and outs.

The difference is the Patriots defense is capable of stopping the Falcons offense. They aren't #1 for nothing. Sure their opponents have been not up to par, but it's not like the Falcons will be playing the hospital-ward Packers or the Saints (no offense Saints friends) who's D leaves much to be desired.

#1 Scoring defense. That different than being the top rated defense. Sorry, I started seeing that a lot this week with the media hype

Tell me about it. Tom Curran`s preview popped up so I decided to check it out, he is like 37-21 and he was rather cautious against the Texans (23-13 or something). It got me curious so I went to MassLive and CBSBoston, most of this guys are predicting double-digit win or borderline blowout. And it made me even more nervous, I just can`t see the basis for such predictions.

Why not? Everyone should be confident because the Falcons D leaves a lot to the imagination. If the Pats OL can hold up, and it has for the most part this season, their predictions have validity. And it's not like their predictions are what is actually going to happen. But they have reason to be confident and so do we.

I'm not a big drinker, but I do have alcohol present, just may need to do that. lol

Cognac for the stomac .. and nerves

(a few sips should do the trick .. in case somehow you don' want to get drunk...)

I'm so nervous!!

Defense better get pressure or Ryan will carve us up. Brady will do the same to Atlanta's defense!!

I pray that BB has figured something out to stop them!!

12 h to go

Hope you don't mind starting with poetry this time..

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

OK, they beat the Packers, we know already...:rolleyes:

let's just hope Patriots fans still greatly outnumber them at the game!!

I'm 4 hours from ATL, I had to look HARD to find one falcons fan. And I work with ppl from ATL....

Anyone from this board who's going to the game, please update us when you get there on the patriots/falcons fans.

I'm not there but just saw this......

1. Michael Hurley ‏@michaelFhurley 32m32 minutes ago
    Falcons fans may have been the butt of some jokes, but they're out in full force around the stadium. One could say they're ... everywhere.

amishsquid13‏@ZippycBrian
@michaelFhurley felger said the opposite last night. 10-1 pats fans? Said he saw a hand full of them. Who's got the fake news???

11:06 AM - 5 Feb 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick