PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl LI .. PREGAME thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

quote:

One source said that if this were the regular season, Mack could miss six to eight weeks, but he will be out there Sunday, with concern running high among Atlanta officials.

The Falcons are confident Mack will hold up in pass-blocking, but they are uncertain if he will be effective on downfield blocks, or if his leg will hold up.

quote:

One source said that if this were the regular season, Mack could miss six to eight weeks, but he will be out there Sunday, with concern running high among Atlanta officials.

The Falcons are confident Mack will hold up in pass-blocking, but they are uncertain if he will be effective on downfield blocks, or if his leg will hold up.

Just saw the same thing and posted it in the old thread.

I think this is a bigger deal than people realize and he should definitely be attacked.

That's fine pats have lots of center blittz packcages. Ran them less than last year but I'd imagine for this game we will see them fairly often.

So someone could say: "It's all about the defense"...and they'd be right.
They could say: "It's all about the offense"...and they'd be right.
"All about turnovers." Right again.
"All about the special teams...coaching...adjustments...toughness...physicality ...finesse...speed...strength" All of it...

That's why I enjoy the game of pro football more than all of their counterparts, hockey, basketball, baseball - because it remains still a game dependent solely on the other 21 guys surrounding each other on the field. It's not clear out and go one-on-one - it's protect my blindside or chuck that RB out of the backfield going into the pattern.

We don't do "team" as much as we used to in our culture. Maybe its the digital age...maybe its just this old fart typing on the keyboard's ill-conceived perception, I dunno, but today, for the last time this season we get to experience the ultimate team game - with our team - on the world's biggest stage.

I plan to enjoy the Hell out of it!

Go Patriots!

Day old cornbread heated up in the microwave and iced coffee.

Breakfast of ch...naaah, just breakfast.
Iced coffee?

edlover.jpg

12 h to go

Hope you don't mind starting with poetry this time..

Yup, get to the truth of the matter, fight til the last play of the last game, til the fat Lady opens her fat, fat mouth, til Goodell shiites his panties that he must hand over the Lombardi to Brady et al....rage, rage at the dying of the light for who knows if we shall see this joyful greatness again!

A nugget from Reiss' column:

Barring an unexpected change, I'm told Patriots wide receiver Michael Floyd will be inactive for Super Bowl LI as the team doesn't have the luxury to carry five players at the position on the 46-man game-day roster.

As expected. There is just no way to keep 5 WRs active and it looks like he didnt show enough to be worth it over Mitchell who has a considerably better grasp on the playbook.

It's going to be raining througout the day in houston. Looks like they are going to keep the roof closed.

If BB is able to slow Atlanta's offense with that defense of his and we win, He will have obtained a lifetime pass from him about any moves he makes with players. He can even cut Brady in training camp and I will not say a peep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents