PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl LI .. PREGAME thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Patriots fan would you prefer a blowout or close game? Seriously some I've spoken too would prefer a blowout to enjoy the game more.
I'll the it however it comes. However, a blowout would further the mythos of BB and TB12 even more than a mere 3-4 point win, I'd have to imagine. So run it up, Bill, if you can.

I don't know why because I do have faith in this team , but my stomach already turning!!

all these patriots being big favorites is making me uneasy and very nervous.

Gotta get pressure on ryan and force him to make mistakes.

They will in certain situations, but you'll be disappointed if you're expecting pressure on every snap. On most plays, the focus will be to limit the RBs in the passing game, which means they'll use the defensive ends and linebackers to chip them at the line.

Also, both teams will probably move the ball down the field with ease between the 20s. However, NE should do well in the red zone limiting Atlanta to FGs. Atlanta's offensive red zone execution hasn't been great, and their defensive red zone execution has been atrocious. Meanwhile, NE's has been brilliant on both sides of the ball.

Expect Atlanta to have about 400 yards of offense, but to be limited to 20something points.

So my Dad was 92 and passed away a couple of days before the Pats first preseason game. We knew he was going soon but the conversations were the same as always, football, Pats roster and the outlook for this year. We used to joke that he should stay around for the end of TB12's career but things don't always work out the way you would like.

He almost died during WW2 on a submarine that had almost sank (went down past 800 ft) got past that and started his family. one of my first memories was watching the Giants Colts "greatest game ever played" while he was a die hard Giants fan, he loved to watch Unitas and Berry run their passing game, and was a big Art Donovan fan. Watched the Allie Sherman teams lose to the Packers. He moved to the Patriots after the AFL NFL merger, the Patriots drove him crazy for many years till Brady won the first one.

He never thought he would see the Patriots as a dynasty and thoroughly enjoyed this run.

I told him the Pats were going to the SB this year, and told him after the first one that Brady was going to go down as one of the best to ever play the game. He knew before passing that Brady was the GOAT, and got a big kick out of that.

So today I hope Dad gets to enjoy the game which I will be watching with my 7 yr old grandson.

all these patriots being big favorites is making me uneasy and very nervous.

We know. You've posted the exact same thing about 10 times now.

I don't know why because I do have faith in this team , but my stomach already turning!!

I've had butterflies in my stomach all week. Everything points to the Patriots, but the game still has to be played. Anything can happen. Confidence != calm. Even if we have a 21 pt leading going into the 4th quarter, I'm going to be a nervous wreck until the clock reads 0:00. Especially with Atlanta's offense. No lead will be safe.

So if we win the coin toss......what are we going to do?

I'm getting that puking feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick