PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl LI .. PREGAME thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it's a bone, it becomes a matter of pain, not so much what the player can do athletically. They'll shoot him up, so he'll have no problems in the first half, however late in the game he'll likely be in some pain.

Believe me, if this was REALLY a problem for Mack, then all these leaks about the injury wouldn't be happening. Maybe they are hoping to get the Pats to change their game plan.

While it might be nice for some fans to think this will be a problem for Atlanta, it is likely it will be as much a factor in the game as Alan Branch's toe and Hightower's shoulder.
Gotta think the gameplan is "push the line up the middle" either way. If Mack is ineffective, the gameplan will just work even better.

Well it's time for this defense to show why it was at the top. Defense still win's championships in my mind. Need to slow down that offense. Need to capitalize on this.

Believe me, if this was REALLY a problem for Mack, then all these leaks about the injury wouldn't be happening. Maybe they are hoping to get the Pats to change their game plan.

While it might be nice for some fans to think this will be a problem for Atlanta, it is likely it will be as much a factor in the game as Alan Branch's toe and Hightower's shoulder.
If it was nothing, they wouldn`t have him rest for almost 10 days, thus disrupting his daily routine. Besides, our game plan was Branch manhandling Mack and preventing their running game to develop. They will try to swarm him whether he is injured or not.

I disagree because a broken bone comes with swelling and with mobility issues.
I broke a bone in my hand in high school and we stayed the freeze stuff on it and I didn't miss a snap. But it swelled so much later that it limited my use of the hand and I couldn't even close a fist. (It was a 1/2 piece of knuckle in the thumb)
That to a leg affects everything you do.
I played with a broken hand for a full season my junior year in college (2 broken metacarples), and played with a very padded cast. I can confirm everything you said is painfully true.

However, like you said, most of the effects cane AFTER the game. BTW, I never had it shot up. Evidently for division 3 players of those days it wasn't worth it. ;) But I'm not so sure that Mack's injuries will cause mobility issues, at least while his shot is working.

I could be wrong though. We'll have to see. If he plays the whole game, then the whole thing was much ado about nothing. If he's out by half time, then it was a bigger issue than I thought.

For Italian Pat:

I am getting excited! Cleaning my house and making my chicken wings and baked ziti for later! Have a good game everyone! I won't be on again until later! Have a great game and Go Patriots!!!

Athletes in all sports know how good TFB is.

It's because they don't have a horse in the race. They know how hard it is to win and how much work truly goes into it. They understand that what this man has done/is doing is f-ing insane.

The NFL guys know it too. The difference is they keep losing to this man and it frustrates them. The saltiness keeps them from giving him his just due. They'd rather whine about old ghost stories, like taped walkthroughs and such. Even the f-ing Panthers, yeah the Panthers team that had a roster FULL of doped up Universal Soldiers, have had the nerve to say NE "stole" a Super Bowl from them. Cheating is now (and probably forever will be) the narrative and the losers feel comfortable with it because it somehow exonerates their ineptitude. Those who have any bit of objectivity (Big Ben, Sherman, Brees, Rodgers, and a few others) know what they are witnessing is GREATNESS, PERIOD!

Keep the information coming guys, you are my source! I tried to watch some pregame, but 2 different stations same crap. tuned in about time to hear Marshall Faulk throwing his usual shade on Bradys accomplishments, than when I tried the other station it was Dilfer mentioning fully inflated balls and laughing. Maybe he wasn't being a jerk, bu I didn't stick around to finish listening, I just don't want to hear that crap today and in my opinion their really is no reason to bring it up today, its been talked to death for 2 years!
So please keep posting all updates, thanks!

Old Marv typically fields effective defenses especially compared to Atlanta... and the "better coached" Falcons have serious issues on defense that have been covered up /glossed over by their pinball offense. Offensively lopsided teams don't win SBs...and the storyline after this game will be all about Atlanta's need to upgrade that side of the ball...in terms of players and coaching. Refer to the Steelers commentary after the AFC championship game.

I was talking more about their offense because their defense is pure dreck.. should have been a bit more clear about that..

When it's a bone, it becomes a matter of pain, not so much what the player can do athletically. They'll shoot him up, so he'll have no problems in the first half, however late in the game he'll likely be in some pain.

Brilliant point. A broken bone in the foot is exactly the same as Branch having his toe stepped on in practice.

It just dawned on me that Howie Long is likely pulling hard for us tonight. :rolleyes:
I wonder if he would even be allowed to where anything Patriots on the pregame show....even if there is rules, his son is playing in the game!

It's because they don't have a horse in the race. They know how hard it is to win and how much work truly goes into it. They understand that what this man has done/is doing is f-ing insane.

The NFL guys know it too. The difference is they keep losing to this man and it frustrates them. The saltiness keeps them from giving him his just due. They'd rather whine about old ghost stories, like taped walkthroughs and such. Even the f-ing Panthers, yeah the Panthers team that had a roster FULL of doped up Universal Soldiers, have had the nerve to say NE "stole" a Super Bowl from them. Cheating is now (and probably forever will be) the narrative and the losers feel comfortable with it because it somehow exonerates their ineptitude. Those who have any bit of objectivity (Big Ben, Sherman, Brees, Rodgers, and a few others) know what they are witnessing is GREATNESS, PERIOD!

Word up. Amen. I concur. All of that. lol

As a Patriots fan would you prefer a blowout or close game? Seriously some I've spoken too would prefer a blowout to enjoy the game more.

May I please have a blowout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick