PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Super Bowl Game Day Pregame/Game Thread (Eagles vs Chiefs)

Sure, Brady is the most accomplished QB ever. No one is disputing that. Mahomes will ultimately torpedo most if not all of Brady's records. And we'll see how many rings he ultimately gets. And you and the others on this board will do nothing but blame the officials for helping him.
Pretty much the officials guaranteed a Chiefs Super Bowl title this postseason, so yes, that's my stance on it.

Brady achieved his epic stats and accomplishments by playing elite football into his mid-40's. Never been done before. Now Mahomes will have the advantage of 17 and 18 game seasons, and additional playoff spots/games, but he's a long ways from proving he's uniquely durable and capable as Brady. We've seen a lot of NFL careers get derailed by injuries. Most quarterbacks aren't excelling anymore by their late 30's, never mind in their 40's.

Prove it. And before you go on and say the league was just jealous of NE's success, i don't see that same jealousy towards Mahomes, Reid, and the Chiefs right now. Even if they win a few more people won't question their titles.
You don't think Allen and Burrow are envious of Mahomes' Super Bowl rings? Of course they are. Their main objective next season will be outdueling Mahomes and the Chiefs because they know the conference runs through Kansas City until another team can establish otherwise. 31 other teams are totally sick of the Chiefs.

And I'm not "proving" the taping around the NFL 2000-2007. If you want to dismiss a common awareness then go for it.

The fact Bill was doing it for 7 years straight tells me that it was more than just a little helpful. only an idiot would have his best research assistant in Ernie Adams waste time reviewing opponents' defensive signals for 7 years unless it helped.
Prove it.

Thank god, that dude was literally ruining this thread since the clock hit zero on Sunday.
I've been really patient with @MAC10, and was surprised when I clicked back in here and saw we were still having this discussion, given that he and I already hashed it out last night. I will say if you're a Patriots fan and you're promoting the Patriots as cheaters and tearing down Brady's legacy, especially for a guy who made us relevant for two decades, it may be time to find another bandwagon to hop on - because that absolutely will not be permitted to continue here moving forward.

Pretty much the officials guaranteed a Chiefs Super Bowl title this postseason, so yes, that's my stance on it.

Brady achieved his epic stats and accomplishments by playing elite football into his mid-40's. Never been done before. Now Mahomes will have the advantage of 17 and 18 game seasons, and additional playoff spots/games, but he's a long ways from proving he's uniquely durable and capable as Brady. We've seen a lot of NFL careers get derailed by injuries. Most quarterbacks aren't excelling anymore by their late 30's, never mind in their 40's.

You don't think Allen and Burrow are envious of Mahomes' Super Bowl rings? Of course they are. Their main objective next season will be outdueling Mahomes and the Chiefs because they know the conference runs through Kansas City until another team can establish otherwise. 31 other teams are totally sick of the Chiefs.

And I'm not "proving" the taping around the NFL 2000-2007. If you want to dismiss a common awareness then go for it.

Prove it.
He's been removed from the thread. Let's move along.

Moving along...

Looking forward to seeing the new and hopefully improved Patriots offense match up against the two Super Bowl teams next season. Glad it's in Foxboro. Mahomes has a 1-1 record at Gillette Stadium with the 1 win that could have been a loss if the ref called N'Keal Harry in bounds which he was...

The Pats OL will be tested against both of their DL's.

Moving along...

Looking forward to seeing the new and hopefully improved Patriots offense match up against the two Super Bowl teams next season. Glad it's in Foxboro. Mahomes has a 1-1 record at Gillette Stadium with the 1 win that could have been a loss if the ref called N'Keal Harry in bounds which he was...

The Pats OL will be tested against both of their DL's.
Time to switch back to grass. :rofl:

I think it's fair to say Andy Reid is the best head coach in the NFL right now. Not ever. Just right now.
It's not even debatable. 5 straight AFCCG's, 3 Super Bowl appearances and 2 wins since 2018.

I agree with the Andy Reid accolades. Great coach.

And Mahomes finally had a SB game without multiples INT's! Well done, Pat. Sure, he threw for under 200 yards and TD passes to wide open receivers. But no INT's. Finally.

He now has 1 good game out of 3 in the SB. That's a .333 average. HOF numbers if he was a baseball player.

The eagles dc landed a hc job after that cluster**** of a game. Thats like hiring patricia to be your nutrionist

I agree with the Andy Reid accolades. Great coach.

And Mahomes finally had a SB game without multiples INT's! Well done, Pat. Sure, he threw for under 200 yards and TD passes to wide open receivers. But no INT's. Finally.

He now has 1 good game out of 3 in the SB. That's a .333 average. HOF numbers if he was a baseball player.
Replace good with serviceable and I agree with you.

Who else noticed that ridiculous red zone play where the Chiefs were holding each other and going in circles before breaking the huddle?

Replace good with serviceable and I agree with you.
You are right. Mahomes has been serviceable in 2 games, terrible in 1.

What a SB legacy so far.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back