PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Super Bowl Game Day Pregame/Game Thread (Eagles vs Chiefs)

He can't even beat Dak at this stage. And his team carried him over his victory over Mahomes in the SB. I already posted the stats.

Talent-wise, he is better than Brady. The best I've ever seen. Mahomes is coming for Timmy. And if you take into account spygate, Mahomes is already ahead of him. Sorry I had to say it but spygate is a big deal for me. Brady is 3-3 outside of spygate in super bowls as a Pat.
Spygate was in 2007. You know, when they lost?

Travis Kelce had 21 receiving yards after the 1st Quarter, literally taken out of the game. Moore and Toney caught 2 passes in 2nd half, both TD's. Nothing contributing to drives.
Except Punt return, which was huge.

Last edited:
In his carrer Mahomes has passed less then 200 yards in Postseason 2 times, he is 2-0. His lowest since 195 against Jacksonville.
Team still huge in a team sport.

Last edited:
You're not a Pats fan anymore? Or what's up with your profile pic?

Everyone knows I love Mahomes. I like good football players. Period. And Mahomes is the most talented I’ve ever seen. He’s not like Rodgers who has talent and can’t get it done when it counts.

Spygate was in 2007. You know, when they lost?

More like 2000-2007

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
It's not a quantum leap at all, especially given what he said, both when it happened in 2007 and then. If you honestly think Kraft would have just kept quiet and just taken it without saying something had it escalated, I can't help you with that. The tapes were quickly destroyed for a reason (Belichick knew who the other teams were doing it), not because Goodell is some merciful being.
I thought that I heard at the time that Goodell's wife worked in media and may have ended up playing a copy. If true that's their excuse for not revealing the evidence. I wonder what excuse they have for not revealing the football psi measurements from 2015.

The funniest thing about the Crygate is that there were mediots and opposing fans that wanted to take away the SB titles of the Pats from 2001, 03 and 04 for a misinterpretation of a memo (not a rule) that happened in 2007.

What's not so funny is the permanent stain of cheating that Goody and the 32 have painted the Pats with forever. That falls right on the shoulders of Bendover Bob with the way he handled everything. He helped destroy his own team's legacy.

Travis Kelce had 21 receiving yards after the 1st Quarter, literally taken out of the game. Moore and Toney caught 2 passes in 2nd half, both TD's. Nothing contributing to drives.
Except Punt return, which was huge.
I’d argue catching a TD, even if it’s the only catch a given player has on a particular drive, is the ultimate contribution to a drive.

I’d argue catching a TD, even if it’s the only catch a given player has on a particular drive, is the ultimate contribution to a drive.
Fair, but pointing out WR's in this Passing league, didn't continue drives, as far as chain movers. Running the ball was the difference. People are really not looking at the run game in 2nd half, and those 2 scrambles, in which plays I have Doubt Mac Jones makes. Again, Mahomes only threw for 93 yards in a whole half, And KC put up 24 points.
With No Turnovers contributing in that half. Lots of ways to put up points in the game of Football.

Last edited:
This game is good news for us Pats fans. You can too win with a mediocre roster if you have a really good QB. How the Chiefs scored 31 points with just Kelce was insane. How they slowed down Philly's offense with Frank Clark, Chris Jones and Jags was something else. Philly's front 7 and the rest of the defense had a horrible game considering they had 70+ sacks on the season and 4 guys with 10+ sacks. O sacks on a guy with a bum ankle. Big let down. I certainly thought that call at the end was horrible and would've at least left time for Philly to answer with a potential 3 point deficit.

Chiefs are going to be around for a long time.
What this game helped reveal is just how overrated the Eagles and the NFCE have been this year. They, along with KC really, benefitted from a perfect storm of a schedule and it got them all the way to the SB.

The combined final record for all of the Eagles' NFCE opponents is 58-40. But when you consider that each team had 4 vs the AFCS then those records may be a bit skewed. Neither the Cowboys nor the Giants, who both blew chunks last year, looked like much this year in spite of making the playoffs. And the rest of the Eagles' opponents were a combined 76-109. Yeow! That's 72 Dolphins easy.

Your rebuttal is to once again compare him to Brady? Who didn’t see that coming. You’re like a comic who continually bombs on stage but yet keeps playing the same material.
Sounds like Saturday Night Live.

Everyone knows I love Mahomes. I like good football players. Period. And Mahomes is the most talented I’ve ever seen. He’s not like Rodgers who has talent and can’t get it done when it counts.

More like 2000-2007
Brady owns Mahomes.

1676385192414.png

Last edited:
Brady owns Mahomes.

Also... 6 points by Mahomes in 3 quarters against a Hoyer/Stidham tandem and the worst Patriots defense in a decade? :eek:
View attachment 49974

Yeah, Bill's defense was really good that day. Was Stidham/Hoyer playing defense vs Mahomes? Because if they weren't, it's irrelevant.

And at least Mahomes isn't 2-8 in the playoffs vs Eli, Plummer, Flacco, Sanchez, Tannehill, and Dak with all two of those wins coming against Flacco LMAO.

• Ha Ha
Dude stop. Mahomes ain’t ever topping Brady. No disrespect to Mahomes.

He could if the NFL keeps KC as their hero team

NFL and media gave the Pats shoulder rubs for the first 3 super bowls but after that we were turned into a villain franchise for 15 years, with ******** scandals that were running on a 24/7 news cycle during the offseason

KC has child beaters like Hill that the NFL turned a blind eye towards, Andy Reid’s worthless son murders a 5 year old girl after leaving stadium drunk and you don’t hear a PEEP about it from anyone. In AFCCG they got bailed out or three 3rd downs on the same drive and were protected by the refs the entire game

Mahomes is 27, if Andy Reid doesn’t croak then they could legitimately challenge what the Pats did

Goodell was going on about how proud they are of mahomes, and how he joins elite company of winning nfl mvp and SB mvp in same year, etc.. he never acknowledges anything like that for other teams, but you can tell the NFL got their narrative and outcome they wanted

It’s starting to become pretty in your face and sick

Everyone knows I love Mahomes. I like good football players. Period.
Except for the most obvious best quarterback of all time (Brady). You have no credibility on the subject of quarterbacks.

And Mahomes is the most talented I’ve ever seen. He’s not like Rodgers who has talent and can’t get it done when it counts.
Examples of Mahomes not getting it done:

Anytime he faces Brady in the postseason (when it counts most)
AFCCG vs Cincinnati (epic second half meltdown)

Mahomes has a long way to go to live up to the hype now. Expectations are at least an annual conference championship appearance and multiple Super Bowl appearances (with multiple titles). If he wants to be the 'new Brady' then that's what it'll take. From here on out every postseason loss is a failure. No more moral victories, no more highlights reels from epic Super Bowl losses, he has to win or it's a disappointment. Welcome to the top 10 all-time.

Bro don’t make me bring up SB 42 and how Brady got owned by Eli. @Ian won’t appreciate it. You and crawhammer troll as much as I do. Yet you won’t get blamed.
I'm sincere in every post. You're full of ****. Discounting every Brady accomplishment as cheating, luck or opponent incompetence. Nobody - not even you - believes all the trash you spew against Brady on this forum. You're being disingenuous and making statements merely to agitate people i.e. trolling. Own it, that's who you are.

No doubt, I’ve never seen players as wide open as this KC offense. It seems like Reid can take an average wr group and scheme them open all day.
Defenses fear Mahomes.

Reid has always been great at drawing up schemes but never had the QB until now. All those years in Philly he won plenty but always choked. GM Howie Roseman always built great teams loaded with talent except finding the most important chess piece.

That is why you cant turn **** into shinola. You cant turn Mac Jones into Burrow, Allen, Mahomes or Lawrence.

Except for the most obvious best quarterback of all time (Brady). You have no credibility on the subject of quarterbacks.

He's a great dinker and dunker, and he turned that into an art form. I give him all the credit in the world for that.

Examples of Mahomes not getting it done:

Anytime he faces Brady in the postseason (when it counts most)
AFCCG vs Cincinnati (epic second half meltdown)

Mahomes has a long way to go to live up to the hype now. Expectations are at least an annual conference championship appearance and multiple Super Bowl appearances (with multiple titles). If he wants to be the 'new Brady' then that's what it'll take. From here on out every postseason loss is a failure. No more moral victories, no more highlights reels from epic Super Bowl losses, he has to win or it's a disappointment. Welcome to the top 10 all-time.

If you are Mahomes, you'd rather lose to the 2nd or 3rd best QB of all time than a combination of Eli, Flacco, Tannehill, Sanchez, and Plummer. Mahomes lost in the playoffs to Brady twice and Burrow. Both are going to be in the HOF.

Do you really want me to bring up Brady's playoff failures? If I do then you'll accuse me of trolling.

• Ha Ha

More like 2000-2007
I should have known better than to engage with your foolishness. Memo was in 2006. It was legal before. Other teams did it. Tom had his best season after they were penalized for taping in Game 1.

Do better.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back