PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Super Bowl Game Day Pregame/Game Thread (Eagles vs Chiefs)

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I really enjoy a sporting event when I don't give a crap who wins ... just really enjoy the competition ... Looking forward to the game ... I hope it is a close brutal and physical slugfest without major injuries.

Bought some frozen pizzas for the game ... will wash it down with coke zero ... I would do some serious drinking if it was our Patriots ... but nothing to celebrate tomorrow.

Would be very surprised. Mahomes has “it”, and that should be enough to put away the Eagles.
Also had some home-cooking from the league against Cinci. If the refs insert themselves into this one on KC’s behalf the Iggles fans may torch the stadium

Everything points to a FG winner. With that said, taking Philly.
Elliot 5-6 50+ yards, 5-5 50+ yards outdoors.
Butker 3-7 50+ yards 1-4 50+ yards outdoors.
I get the feeling a extra point is going to be huge. And with that a 2-point conversion, made or failed.
Elliot 51-53 XP
Butker 38-41 XP

I really enjoy a sporting event when I don't give a crap who wins ... just really enjoy the competition ... Looking forward to the game ... I hope it is a close brutal and physical slugfest without major injuries.

Bought some frozen pizzas for the game ... will wash it down with coke zero ... I would do some serious drinking if it was our Patriots ... but nothing to celebrate tomorrow.
Same. I’m just hoping that both teams have fun.

Also had some home-cooking from the league against Cinci. If the refs insert themselves into this one on KC’s behalf the Iggles fans may torch the stadium

I'd watch that

Headed downtown with the wife's Philly crew to watch the game. Not drinking today so I will drive. I'll be happy for some of my Philly friends if they win, but almost would rather watch heads explode if the Chefs win with the help of a BS call or two. LOL

Headed downtown with the wife's Philly crew to watch the game. Not drinking today so I will drive. I'll be happy for some of my Philly friends if they win, but almost would rather watch heads explode if the Chefs win with the help of a BS call or two. LOL
As I said in another thread, it's tough. I still dislike Philly fans after their win years ago, but I don't want to hear about how Mahomes could be the "best ever" if he wins a second all offseason from the talking heads who obviously need to stir the pot. Feels like a lose-lose situation.

I'm so annoyed that one of these hideous fanbases is going to be ecstatic by the end of today….not to mention Kelce, Mahomes’ wifey/bro or Lane Johnson.

In this matchup there is no downside to the Eagles winning I’m sorry. I really don’t care about how awful Philly fans are, but even if you do care it’s not like anyone will start liking them more they’ll probably be even more hated going forward. No one loves Philly outside of Philly but basically everyone is eager to love Mahomes and Andy Reid.

In this matchup there is no downside to the Eagles winning I’m sorry. I really don’t care about how awful Philly fans are, but even if you do care it’s not like anyone will start liking them more they’ll probably be even more hated going forward.
My feeling is as much as I dislike their fans, Philly winning is the only positive outcome. That would make Mahomes 1-2 for his Super Bowl record, which would at least flip the script a bit.

My feeling is as much as I dislike their fans, Philly winning is the only positive outcome. That would make Mahomes 1-2 for his Super Bowl record, which would at least flip the script a bit.
Agree but 1676218648569.gif

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
I hate the Eagles. They always take my Draft binkies and I'll never forgive them for beating us in the Super Bowl.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Eagles by two scores.
I could easily see that. They have the deeper team on both sides of the ball. KC might have the better overall OL, though, and if they can keep Mahomo clean, he’s the equalizer.

At beginning of game it will be interesting to see how the Chiefs will handle the Eagles RPO. Will they put eight in the box and dare the Eagles to go throw the ball.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back