PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Suggestion: Can we please get a "Jump to last page" button?

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Really need it for the gamethreads.

As of now, you can jump to "last unread post", but not to the last page of the thread.

This isn't ideal for a game thread, as many people (such as myself) read the thread but then focus on the game. When you return to the thread, you can click on the "last undread post" but that could be a post from 5 minutes ago, when you rather see reactions to the latest play.

It seems minor (and it is), but it becomes very tedious during the duration of a game. The previous version of the board had the jump-to-last-post option and it'd be nice to see it return.

---

Also, it appears not all threads allow you to jump to the last page from the main forum.

The current Patriots/Dolphins gamethread does, yet, the Peyton Manning HGH thread, for example, does not. Which requires the user to go through 2 extra steps (click the thread, then click the last page) to see the latest posts in thread. This too becomes tedious, especially in threads with over a thousand replies.
yrBre29.png

yrBre29.png

yrBre29.png

If possible, would appreciate these changes. Love the board and all you've guys have done for it, thanks!

Last edited:
Not sure what the issue is, when you hover the mouse over the thread, the numbers appear. The functionality you are requesting already exist.

Really need it for the gamethreads.

As of now, you can jump to "last unread post", but not to the last page of the thread.

Doesn't clicking on the last page listed accomplish the same thing?

To me, each thread looks like this:

1 2 3....12

12 is the last page, and is clickable, as are each of the other pages.

Not sure what the issue is, when you hover the mouse over the thread, the numbers appear. The functionality you are requesting already exist.

Interesting, it wasn't working before for me, but now that I've tried again, it's working. Thanks.

Doesn't clicking on the last page listed accomplish the same thing?

To me, each thread looks like this:

1 2 3....12

12 is the last page, and is clickable, as are each of the other pages.

Yes, but since the thread doesn't automatically refresh, the "last page" listed when you return to your computer will no longer be the actual last thread page.

For example, you post in the gamethread on page 12, which at that time is the last page of the thread.

You then watch the game for 2 minutes and return to the thread. Since the board does not automatically refresh, page 12 will still be listed as the last page even if the thread had expanded to 15 pages in the 2 minutes you were gone.

You will then have to refresh the page and then click the newly updated last page.

This turns what used to be a 1 click process into a 2 click process. Again, seems minor, but it becomes tedious when doing over the course of an entire game and also would take a load off the bandwidth.

I assume most posters take little "breaks" from the thread for specific times (in between plays, during commercial breaks, etc.) so it's adding a bunch of extra "refreshes" that can be eliminated.

Last edited:
If is is appearing and disappearing on you, it is probably your display adapter. Windows 10 and most Lenovo products have issues or if your display adapter is outdated, then such issues will happen a lot with firefox.

@Ian - can we get rid of the jonas gray twitter feed.

I just wanted to complain about a redundant issue. :D

The button being requested is actually very nice to have. I use it a lot on other forums.

Also, it appears not all threads allow you to jump to the last page from the main forum.

For any threads that you have never clicked on before but that have more than one page, the numbers do not show up when you hover the cursor/mouse over the title. For the rest, they do.

@Ian, can we poke more fun at the Jets having one of their best seasons in the last 50 years and missing the playoffs?

You will then have to refresh the page and then click the newly updated last page.
This turns what used to be a 1 click process into a 2 click process.

I had no idea you were going through this hardship. My sympathies to you and yours.
There's always a gentle ear over at the "I Could Use Your Thoughts and Prayers" thread should it start to feel overwhelming.

;)

I don't come to this site during the games, as I generate enough irrational frustration all by myself, so am unaware of the particular bottleneck that you've outlined.

My first thought was that though it can be a little tedious in rare occasions, it seemed like a silly thing to complain about. However, when considering how many page refreshes would likely no longer happen during game day threads for many users, and therefore less strain on the servers, I think it's a good idea. Adios, error 522!

While your at it Ian can you get the
game day thread a binky and teddy bear also?

31wEfvmZAeL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

So can we do this? Seems like a really easy fix for something that effects everyone on gameday

This would be very helpful today, would legit cut the number of refreshes by half and help prevent the board errors...

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back