PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Still control our destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fact that it isn't all time great pats team makes today's loss hurt even more. as if it didn't hurt enough

what have we seen on the road that makes us believe this team would go into kc and win? there's something to prove at pitt this week...

we control if we get the 2 seed, but made the 1 seed extremely unlikely. the 1 seed would have (obviously) been enormous for this team. it's a shame

today also made next week at pitt feel like a true must win, which it wouldn't have been

I love how the Chargers are alone in 2nd place in terms of record, but staring the #5 seed in the face.

So I'm the only one that notices the title to the thread says "Still control our density"?

That gave me a good laugh. :D

With the wife making Christmas cookies, my density is a concern

:)

With the wife making Christmas cookies, my density is a concern

:)
No kidding. My wife just got back from one of those cookie swaps. She brought back about 4 lbs of cookies. She weighs 110 lbs. I don't

So people banking on a Houston loss think they're going to lose either at the Jets, at Philadelphia, or home vs A Jacksonville team that's playing for a higher draft pick?

Baghdad Bob is not walking through that door.

This is not a Super Bowl caliber team.
People *****ed about last year's team all year and they still made it.

Jut curious, did the 2-10 Raiders have no shot vs. that that Steelers juggernaut?
Yes. They had no shot. Zero. Nada. Zilch. Less than the Pats chances of beating Pittsburgh. Less than the Pats chances of winning any playoff game. Totally hopeless.

So people banking on a Houston loss think they're going to lose either at the Jets, at Philadelphia, or home vs A Jacksonville team that's playing for a higher draft pick?
They will win out, most likely. Philly probably won't have anything to play for either

So I'm the only one that notices the title to the thread says "Still control our density"?

That gave me a good laugh. :D
Heavy, man. Very heavy.

Can't beat Miami, Tennessee, Jacksonville or Detroit but you're confident they will beat 2 of LA, KC, Houston, Pittsburgh. Including likely on the road in KC.

o_O

Could happen but seems incredibly unlikely. More likely, this team gets smashed in the playoffs like the 2009 team which was equally soft and untalented in key spots.
But we have been beating the better opponents we’ve faced.

Wouldn’t that be the idea?

This Patriots team is good enough to win it all or bad enough to lose in first round. They have not been consistent in any of the 3 phases of the game and have rarely dominated games like we are used to in years past. That said, what team looks unbeatable? KC has lost at Arrowhead numerous times in the playoffs of late. Houston? Cannot recall the last big game they won. Pats are in a grouping of teams that could win it all or could make an early exit. I see the Saints, Rams and Chiefs as the favorites mainly due to home field but none of them are wagons.

This Patriots team is good enough to win it all or bad enough to lose in first round. They have not been consistent in any of the 3 phases of the game and have rarely dominated games like we are used to in years past. That said, what team looks unbeatable? KC has lost at Arrowhead numerous times in the playoffs of late. Houston? Cannot recall the last big game they won. Pats are in a grouping of teams that could win it all or could make an early exit. I see the Saints, Rams and Chiefs as the favorites mainly due to home field but none of them are wagons.

Yes, what worries me most is not that they lost but because they are still not good at fundamental football and it's December. That last play is not something that happens to a December Patriots football team.

Win division
Secure bye
Win two games
Win in Atlanta

Hoist #6 next September

Looks good to me......

A scenario that scores us HFA, though quite unlikely, is far from an impossibility:
  • Chiefs' next two games are against the Chargers and in Seattle. These are both losable games, and Andy Reid has a history of late-season collapses...
  • Chargers then turn around the week following their big victory in KC and lose to the Ravens
  • Patriots win out (duh)

Last edited:
I never really felt that the Pats would catch the Chefs but do believe that a first round bye is essential.

The Patriots control their fate for the#2 seed. Yes, this loss sucked, sucked big time but all season I have been waiting for this team to show me what they are made of, so far not exactly the toughest group of SOBs , in fact the road record alone suggests softness.

Clearly this is not an all time great Patriots team but they can catch lightening in a bottle and make a run.

Big test next week and we go from there, peace out.

I always thought the Pats had a chance at the top seed. Now that they need to pick up two games that appears to be gone.

Now that we lost to Miami the door is open for Houston to take the 2nd seed. They have the Jets, Jags and a Philly team that's out of the picture. If we lose to Pitt next week then we're looking at #3 but would still be ahead of the Steelers.

Lucky for us that two of the teams that are ahead of us (Chargers and Chiefs) are in the same division.

I see them losing to Pitt..but still getting bye as Texans will lose again

Sorry to be repetitive, but if we lose one more then Houston would need to lose to either the Jets, Jags or a weak and eliminated Eagles team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots