PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steven Jackson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our oline isn't going to get much better

slightly better once we get some pieces back, but this is more of a function of the opposing D-line. Jets have the best D-line in the league (or top 2).

I thought he looked fine. Good burst, powerful to the gap and drove pile when needed. Had a few negative runs, but those were due to missed blocking assignments.

Couple of things:

- DeCastro was off the table by the time Hightower was taken. In fact, Pittsburgh's passing of Hightower (who seemed like a perfect fit for them) is what enabled the Pats to trade up, to ensure that the Ravens didn't get Hightower as he was sliding. All things being equal, I would take Hightower and what he's become to date versus DeCastro simply because of position scarcity.

- I find it amusing you're calling Easley an injury bust and comparing him to Bitonio, who went on IR the week before Easley did. You may say Bitonio's injury is a "freak" thing, but Easley's injury is supposedly unrelated to his ACL issues. Finally, Easley was dominant on the field when he played this year. Please let's wait another year before we call him a, "horrible, horrible waste of a 1st-rounder."

Fair enough, but I would've taken DeCastro at 21 (the Chandler Jones pick) and then waited for Jones
at 25 (the Hightower pick). I would've taken the calculated risk that neither Cleveland (QB-needy), Detroit (OT Riley Reiff) or PitsDirt (poor schematic fit) takes Jones and that he would've still been available at 25.
Then at 48, I take Lavonte David instead of Tavon F Wilson; LB problem solved.

As for Dom Easily(injured), I stand by my belief that he was way over-drafted by at least a full round,
and that Joel Bitonio (aka Logan Mankins' true successor) should've been the obvious choice, especially since DeCastro wasn't taken 2 years earlier. We're still searching for another competent left-side OLman besides Solder.
I just don't think that Easily's lower body can withstand NFL interior DL play, and he's not explosive
enough to play 4-3 DE. His latest injury was the result of simply being stopped at the LOS: no trauma,
no sudden change of direction, no…nothing.

You need some OL blocking to give the RB some opening to run. Didn't happen in Sundays' game.
Also, when Jackson comes in the game, the Jets know it is a run... Need some disguise as well.

To me he looked really slow. Of course you can argue it was a bunch of things....

I thought when he had a hole, he showed pretty good burst. Good vision & last step "wiggle" too, as he gained a couple more yards before getting tackled than I thought he might.

For slow, watch Bolden as a RB. Has the guy ever made anyone miss a tackle his entire NFL career? I'm serious. I don't think he has. I kinda remember a game early in his 4yr(?) career as a RB, down near the goal line I think, when he might have... but I'm still not sure... :)

too much burden on bolden in this game. where dafaq was lafell, one target?

too much burden on bolden in this game. where dafaq was lafell, one target?
Injured ........... but sucked it up because someone had to play so others could heal.

Couple of things:

- DeCastro was off the table by the time Hightower was taken. In fact, Pittsburgh's passing of Hightower (who seemed like a perfect fit for them) is what enabled the Pats to trade up, to ensure that the Ravens didn't get Hightower as he was sliding. All things being equal, I would take Hightower and what he's become to date versus DeCastro simply because of position scarcity.

- I find it amusing you're calling Easley an injury bust and comparing him to Bitonio, who went on IR the week before Easley did. You may say Bitonio's injury is a "freak" thing, but Easley's injury is supposedly unrelated to his ACL issues. Finally, Easley was dominant on the field when he played this year. Please let's wait another year before we call him a, "horrible, horrible waste of a 1st-rounder."

Just ignore Captain Stoner. He's the greatest after-the-fact armchair GM the world has ever seen.

You never see his opinions during Draft time and asking him what he'd do before the Draft is like trying to nail a jelly to the wall.

"I wouldn't have drafted Hightower". LOL.

I think that when White is in at RB we pass something like 90% of the time.
Thank goodness, because he's been completely ineffective rushing the ball, aside from a handful of plays.

Getting him the ball in space via the pass needs to be a priority, along with the possibility of a couple more touches from carrying in certain instances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back