PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steven Jackson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of things:

- DeCastro was off the table by the time Hightower was taken. In fact, Pittsburgh's passing of Hightower (who seemed like a perfect fit for them) is what enabled the Pats to trade up, to ensure that the Ravens didn't get Hightower as he was sliding. All things being equal, I would take Hightower and what he's become to date versus DeCastro simply because of position scarcity.

Yeah, I'd take Hightower over DeCastro, too.

So he's basically the anti-Montee Ball. Which explains why he's a HOF candidate with a long career behind him, and Ball was a 2nd round pick 2 years ago and is already hanging on the fringes of the league on our PS.
Jackson will definitely be a candidate but with only 3 pro bowl appearances it will be tough for him to get in.

He had seven carries for 15 yards and looked like a carbon copy of 2015 Blount out there. Hopefully he shows more than that in Miami and in the playoffs.
its not all on Jackson or blount for that matter, the pats don't have much of an O-line left. Hoping against hope that the situation can be straightened out before the playoffs start.

He had seven carries for 15 yards and looked like a carbon copy of 2015 Blount out there. Hopefully he shows more than that in Miami and in the playoffs.

I disagree. He hit the line with more authority and determination. Yesterday he was screwed multiple times by an OL (Waddle twice) completely being owned and pushed into his path.

It was a small sample size but if he can get those 4-5 yard bursts now and then it will be a huge addition for our offense because it will make the play action game a lot better.

Without Jules and Amendola, the defense could play the run. Some of the runs were getting blown up as soon as the back was handed the ball. No NFL running back escapes those losses.

He had two respectable runs, and got stuffed the other 5 times. Here is hoping the return of the mighty mites gives defensive lines something to think about with quick passes and helps the line and RBs as well.

My bad, I thought he had 9 carries. Either way I think he will be welcome help and to me, he looked like he was hitting harder than 2015 Blount. He just had nothing to work with and it was his first game this year.

It was a combination of him not having much in the tank and our o line being made up of rookies and backups.

I know the oline is getting hammered -with good reason but IMO that Jets front is the best in football.

I know the oline is getting hammered -with good reason but IMO that Jets front is the best in football.

Agreed on Jets front.

There was one carry in particular that went for a big negative play that he had absolutely no chance - hit as soon as he took the handoff - and another that was blown up around line of scrimmage that wasn't his fault... skews the numbers a little bit when we are talking about low single-digit touches.

I'll take a carbon copy of 4.3 YPC Blount.

The only thing that was maddeningly frustrating was that each time he was subbed in, the next play called was a handoff to him.

The only thing that was maddeningly frustrating was that each time he was subbed in, the next play called was a handoff to him.
We've been predictable in that way for a while now. I think that when White is in at RB we pass something like 90% of the time.

Anyone looking at SJ's first appearance with our 5hitty *** O-line against the Jets' D-line as a measuring stick, is just wrong IMO.

Wait for next week and playoffs to pass judgement.

Last edited:
Anyone looking at SJ's first appearance with our 5hitty *** O-line against the Jets' D-line as a measuring stick, is a ******.

Wait for next week and playoffs to pass judgement.

I'm not sure whether to agree with this post or dislike it.

To me he looked really slow. Of course you can argue it was a bunch of things: Jets front seven being really good, our o-line being crap due to injuries and him just coming back from an extended layoff. I just hope he gets better. Otherwise I would rather have Bolden and White take every snap.

We were also extremely predictable when he was in but I hope that is down to him being new and they don't trust him to pass block or run routes just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back