PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers Change Stadium Name

Foxboro Stadium worked for me...
I liked Schaefer Stadium

Have 'em pay the money and post up sponsor messages around outside & in, and advertise on radio & TV.

But the name was just cool.

Sullivan Stadium is a bit self promoting.

Foxborough Stadium makes sense. It's better than CMGI or Gillette.

Don't like using 'new'.

New Gillette Stadium.

New Schaefer Stadium.

New England Stadium sounds better than that.

How 'bout Patriots Field?

Foxboro Stadium worked for me...
I liked Schaefer Stadium

Have 'em pay the money and post up sponsor messages around outside & in, and advertise on radio & TV.

Don't like using 'new'.

New Gillette Stadium.

New Schaefer Stadium.

I liked Schaefer Stadium

Don't like using 'new'.

New Gillette Stadium.

New Schaefer Stadium.

Like New England Stadium..."Patriots Field" sounds like a burial ground...which might be appropriate this season :)

Our motto, have a Shaefer then a Gillette. Wait, more than one Shaefer, famously sold as "The one beer to have when you're having more than one." I loved that. When you're so blotto you can't tell what it tastes like, drink Shaefer!

Our motto, have a Shaefer then a Gillette. Wait, more than one Shaefer, famously sold as "The one beer to have when you're having more than one." I loved that. When you're so blotto you can't tell what it tastes like, drink Shaefer!

I would think have a Gillette than a Shaefer is a better idea. Don't go shaving drunk! :)

I would think have a Gillette than a Shaefer is a better idea. Don't go shaving drunk! :)
When a friend shows up Sunday night stinkin' drunk, cuts all over his face, the simplest explanation is the best,

And that, my friend, is what we call Occam's Razor.

PS, all that time at Gillette, surprised they were never docked a draft pick for being generally aware of the idea of point shaving.

When a friend shows up Sunday night stinkin' drunk, cuts all over his face, the simplest explanation is the best,

And that, my friend, is what we call Occam's Razor.
Great now I'm thinking of that scene from Hannibal the movie.

I still call it CMGI Field:p

Edited to add that I have pictures of it actually marked that way. I wonder how relatively rare they are given how little time it was known as CMGI.

The Pats changed the name of their stadium because nobody could spell Schaefer.

I say they rename Gilette...

Tom Brady left us and now we suck Field.:rofl:

Same thing everywhere.
In Toronto they changed the name of the Skydome when they sold the naming rights to Rogers (cable/internet and phone company). Renamed it the Rogers centre, but everyone still calls it the dome.
They sold the naming rights to the Air Canada Centre (Leafs home buiding) to Scotiabank. I still call it the ACC.
To me the Bruins will always play at the Boston Garden no matter what they call it.
Imagine renaming Fenway..ugh.

And Buffalo. They named the stadium after Ralph Wilson and everone knew it as The Ralph.
Now the naming rights have been sold over and over. It was New Era field. and now its Highmark Stadium. The almighty dollar wins again.
And now we are seeing advertising on NHL sweaters.

I still call the Bills home Rich Stadium.

Looked it up and that was its name until 1998.

The 90s was just...my era. I first really got into it then... great competition in NFL video games. Great players. Mostly great uniforms (what they did to the Broncos was hideous).

After watching the Squealers give the game to Punky & Bim yesterday, I think they need to change the name again...

Cant believe we have to cheer for these idiots next week

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back