PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers Change Stadium Name

NormZauchin

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The Steelers have changed their stadium name from Heinz Field to Acrisure Stadium because this financial company - which didn't even exist when Heinz Field opened - offered more money for the naming rights. Pittsburgh fans are livid. I love it. Acrisure sounds like "acrid, for sure," a suitable description of the franchise and style of play.

We discussed this earlier, but financials aside, it’s a terrible move for the Steelers as Heinz field was a very recognizable name for sports stadiums.

My Lakers sold out and have some stupid name that sounds gang related from their iconic “Staples Center”. Fans are pissed and will just continue calling Staples Center.

Imagine if the Patriots sold out and changed the stadium name to something else other than “Gillette” which is also known as “The Razor”?

When I was a kid it felt unthinkable for teams to change in any way but I'm now used to it. Starting with the Supersonics, football teams in LA again, the Commanders etc. Considering the Steelers are starting a new era with Pickett, now is as good as ever to change the stadium name.

At the end of the day it is about$$$$ everything and anything for sale goes to the the highest bidder. Not that I care, but the Steelers fans are probably majorly p'oed about this decision.

We discussed this earlier, but financials aside, it’s a terrible move for the Steelers as Heinz field was a very recognizable name for sports stadiums.

My Lakers sold out and have some stupid name that sounds gang related from their iconic “Staples Center”. Fans are pissed and will just continue calling Staples Center.

Imagine if the Patriots sold out and changed the stadium name to something else other than “Gillette” which is also known as “The Razor”?
I'd much rather the actual Crips sponsor a stadium than something crypto related.

What did you think of "Winning Time" ? Never knew Great Western bank ( ultimately paying for naming rights to The Forum) was the go-to bank for Buss when he bought the team.

Thats what I do as well. I just call them Packers stadium, Steelers stadium, etc.

Arrowhead is now GEHA @ Arrowhead.

Still getting used to saying Empower Field instead of just Mile High in Denver. Or Highmark stadium instead of Rich Stadium in Buffalo. Or the Rogers Center instead of SkyDome in Toronto when the Sox visit.

Last edited:

It could happen. There are a lot of razor companies out there now...and beards are still in fashion so people shave less. Plus their advertising disaster from a few years ago put people off their brand (like me, for instance).

And it's not like Gillette Stadium didn't have any another name.

Last edited:
I'd much rather the actual Crips sponsor a stadium than something crypto related.
Seems like an odd partnership as the hype for digital currency seems to have slowed down no?
What did you think of "Winning Time" ?
I’m slacking and haven’t watched it. I will start soon.
Never knew Great Western bank ( ultimately paying for naming rights to The Forum) was the go-to bank for Buss when he bought the team.
Great Western Forum was another recognizable name although there were no banks of theirs where I grew up. Staples Center name took a while to get used to, but this new name is terrible. However, I’m more concerned about how terribly constructed this team is. Disastrous roster moves.
and beards are still in fashion so people shave less.
I’m one of those people. I do full shaves maybe once per week while cleaning up the neck regularly. I hate shaving.
Plus their advertising disaster from a few years ago put people off their brand (like me, for instance).
What happened?

CMGI Field

Imagine if the Patriots caved to all the media hate and ridicule and destroyed their identity adopting a miserable replacement logo virtually identical to the monstrosity that was unanimously rejected by a sold out stadium 14 years earlier?

Lol @ society reaching the point where we argue which lame sell-out corporate name is better than the other.

"I miss when it was named after a random Ketchip brand!"

All corporate names suck.

CMGI Field
Wow, CMGI was so short lived I barely remembered that. Gillette was a good switch as CMGI had no ring to it.
Imagine if the Patriots caved to all the media hate and ridicule and destroyed their identity adopting a miserable replacement logo virtually identical to the monstrosity that was unanimously rejected by a sold out stadium 14 years earlier?
I could give you a run for your money on being the fan that hates the Pats uniforms the most. I hate the current one's so much they make the previous uniforms look like a classic.

Can't someone just rename something there "Three Rivers Aluminum" or something so when they buy the naming rights we can stop the whining that it's not named after condiments anymore?

Wow, CMGI was so short lived I barely remembered that. Gillette was a good switch as CMGI had no ring to it.

I could give you a run for your money on being the fan that hates the Pats uniforms the most. I hate the current one's so much they make the previous uniforms look like a classic.
It's interesting how you and I have lots of company, yet that makes zero difference.

I can factually say that for all of Boston sports fans' passion, they are utterly indifferent to teams' style, appearance, aesthetics etc.

"As long as we win it doesn't matter"

Literally 99% of people I talk to, across the demographic spectrum, agree with me, they all just shrug their shoulders and say "there's nothing we can do"

Fans in other cities, like San Francisco for example, made it very clear immediately that they would not accept destruction of their team's identity.

In the Bruins' case, the uniform Bobby is wearing when he scores that iconic, historic Cup-winning goal is the uniform they should always be wearing.

They destroyed it only four years later.

On the one hand, the "roll with it, it doesn't matter, let's go!!" seems like a positive, life-embracing philosophy, on the surface.

On the other hand, how many atrocities could have been avoided by enough people saying, "What? No. Of course not. Never."

speaking of stadium naming, remember when the Cardinals were that close to naming their The Pink Taco Stadium, man, i wished they did

In honor of the great captain s (with the nicknames), I'm gonna call that place A$s-Fissure from now on.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back