PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steeler fans fear the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double G might have made some of the dumbest posts in the history of the intertubes on this thread. Jimmy, coulda ya can it before he goes on a 5-state killing spree?

Although making fun of my team, at least Jimmy has a bit of a sense of humor. crikey.

can't we all just... get a bong?

Double G might have made some of the dumbest posts in the history of the intertubes on this thread. Jimmy, coulda ya can it before he goes on a 5-state killing spree?

Although making fun of my team, at least Jimmy has a bit of a sense of humor. crikey.

can't we all just... get a bong?

Yes please.

Like your gift AFC Divisional Game against the Raiders?
That was a rule that was correctly interpreted and the rule is in place this very day the exact same way it was back then.

Meanwhile, the gift the Steelers got against the Oilers (TD incorrectly ruled out of bounds) was the #1 case in support of implementing instant replay.

That was a rule that was correctly interpreted and the rule is in place this very day the exact same way it was back then.

Meanwhile, the gift the Steelers got against the Oilers (TD incorrectly ruled out of bounds) was the #1 case in support of implementing instant replay.

Are we honestly arguing over bad calls from the 70's? Human error happens now and then, but good teams overcome that. It all evens out in the end.

The Steelers had a call go in their favor in the 70's
The Pats had a call in their favor in beating Oakland
Th Steelers had a call in their favor in superbowl XL.

Who cares? No Steeler fan brings up the Oakland game until Pats fans go bringing up the superbowl. It goes both ways. If you want to concede your first superbowl, we can concede our FIFTH.

Are we honestly arguing over bad calls from the 70's?
Well if people are going to bring up championships from the 70's then you leave yourself wide open to bringing up bad calls from those championship season. Besides, who's arguing..? That is among the worst calls in sports history, no arguing about it.
Who cares? No Steeler fan brings up the Oakland game until Pats fans go bringing up the superbowl. It goes both ways. If you want to concede your first superbowl, we can concede our FIFTH.
You apparently were not smart enough to understand the logic of my post, so let me try again:

The Patriots were the beneficiary of the correct call and correct interpretation of a rule that, for all your whining, has never been changed.

The Steelers were the beneficiary of what is widely seen as the worst call in NFL playoffs history (sort of the NFL equivalent of Don Denkinger) and that horrible call was one of the primary reasons behind the original implementation of instant replay.

Last edited:
The Patriots were the beneficiary of the correct call and correct interpretation of a rule that, for all your whining, has never been changed.

I agree. We can therefore stop all the whining about superbowl XL as well. Mike Perrara (no idea how to spell his name obviously and I'm not about to look it up), head of NFL officiating, reveiewed every questionable call in the week after the game on NFL Network and stood by EVERY call.

In all honesty, the 70's may have been a bad call. Again, great teams overcome those things. Super. Instant replay was created because of that play. Also, the 5 yard bump was created for Mel Blount.

Glad you like my work Denzera, the all of 21 posts four star mensa candidate you are. This has nothing to do with you, but you just had to chime in; the old opinions and *******s line comes to mind here.............

Great post Warden, you are one clever troll, NOT ONE SINGLE TROLL who has ever come here has mentioned that game before you.

Brilliant; what's next, you're going to call the Patriots cheaters and classless for running up the score?

Why don't you at least grow a pair and let all of us know what team you are a fan of.

We're all dying to know, so please enlighten us..........

If the shoe fits pal.

So, you couldn't figure out who I'm a fan of?
Aside from that this week I'm a Colts fan. In the coming weeks I'll be a Bills fan, an Eagles fan, Ravens fan, Jets fan, Dolphins fan and a Giants fan.

Last edited:
Gee, isn't this fun.

I'd say a Stoolers fan running to defend cracky; since you didn't mention the Stoolers in the "I'm a fan of team X/whatever team plays the Patriots this week" line from your previous post, that would be my guess.

I can understand why you hate the Patriots; I'd hate them too if they came to my house twice in the AFCCG and dominated my team like they did to yours.............

Gee, isn't this fun.

I'd say a Stoolers fan running to defend cracky; since you didn't mention the Stoolers in the "I'm a fan of team X/whatever team plays the Patriots this week" line from your previous post, that would be my guess.

I can understand why you hate the Patriots; I'd hate them too if they came to my house twice in the AFCCG and dominated my team like they did to yours.............

Do you not see my avatar or sig??????

The first AFCCG was LOST by the Steelers special teams. The Pats didn't "dominate" anyone. The second game....well....who knows how much "inside info" the Cheatriots had at their disposal for that one. Considering the Steelers DOMINATED your punks on...Halloween that year I'm sure B.B. had a bunch.
Having lived in Cape Cod for four loooooooong years, I learned to dislike most Patriot/Red Sox fans too. Although, I never actually met a Patriots fan until after 2001.

It's offense, defense, special teams, you need all three to win games.

I was waiting for the inside info/cheating card to come out. All teams try to steal signals; I know it, you know it, so don't act like other teams don't try it. The Colts have an OC who is the master at it. Just ask Jimmy Johnson.

IF the Patriots had all of this "inside information" like you and others claim they did, wouldn't they have won their three Super Bowls by more than 9 points combined?

Explain to me how they are dominating teams so badly this year without the information.

Sorry, I'm not buying what you are selling. You have a right to your opinion, but it just doesn't hold water in my opinion.

Whereabouts on the Cape did you live? Four years is a long time; awesome in the summer, horrible in the winter................

It's funny because it's true.

How is it true? Please, explain that to me. Go do your research about sales and attendance and explain to me how there were no fans before 2001. Toddle along now, the big internet is full of lots of information.

How is it true? Please, explain that to me. Go do your research about sales and attendance and explain to me how there were no fans before 2001. Toddle along now, the big internet is full of lots of information.

I'm sure you had fans who attended the games. It's just that those fans wore bags on their heads.

Last edited:
I'm sure you had fans who attended the games. It's just that those fans wore bags on their heads.

Okay, now go get the attendance records like I asked. I don't believe they show the stats of bags on peoples heads, but get them anyway. You want to make a statement, back it up with fact.

Okay, now go get the attendance records like I asked. I don't believe they show the stats of bags on peoples heads, but get them anyway. You want to make a statement, back it up with fact.

As I said, I don't doubt you filled stadiums prior to 2001. Aside from that, what stats can I offer you? I can only go off my personal experiences and impressions. Prior to 2001, I knew some Pats fans in college etc. All kept a low profile and clung tightly to the Red Sox. I never heard a peep from these bang wagon jumpers until 2001. Since then, they are all born again believers, and quite obnoxious at that. Until 2001, they were all content to hope for the best while supporting MLB of all things.

When compared to Steeler fans, there is NO comparison. We have fans all over the country and travel better than any team in the NFL. We actually have a tradition to speak of in which fathers pass their love of their team onto their sons. We are the very model of long term greatness with 7 losing seasons since 1971. You are the flavor of the week, and your fans will jump to another band wagon when Brady breaks a leg.

Last edited:
As I said, I don't doubt you filled stadiums prior to 2001. Aside from that, what stats can I offer you? I can only go off my personal experiences and impressions. Prior to 2001, I knew some Pats fans in college etc. All kept a low profile and clung tightly to the Red Sox. I never heard a peep from these bang wagon jumpers until 2001. Since then, they are all born again believers, and quite obnoxious at that. Until 2001, they were all content to hope for the best while supporting MLB of all things.

When compared to Steeler fans, there is NO comparison. We have fans all over the country and travel better than any team in the NFL. We actually have a tradition to speak of in which fathers pass their love of their team onto their sons. We are the very model of long term greatness with 7 losing seasons since 1971. You are the flavor of the week, and your fans will jump to another band wagon when Brady breaks a leg.

So now you are just saying that Boston loves the Red Sox? Wow! Where'd you get that hard to find information? There's quite a bit of deep rooted history there in case you live under a rock. News Flash..there's Celtics fans here too. I also heard there's Bruins fans.
And your extensive knowledge of New England fans is a couple of guys from college? Wow, that's a pretty extensive database.
I know the history of the Steelers, and I respect it. Pittsburgh has nothing else to root for.
And obnoxious? We are obnoxious, but, seriously, you are a Steeler fan..pot meet kettle.

Double G might have made some of the dumbest posts in the history of the intertubes on this thread.

Double G, how do you feel about this? I mean, one of your own is honorable enough to call it like it is. This guy has gone along way to towards renewing my faith in NFL fans outside Pittsburgh.

So now you are just saying that Boston loves the Red Sox? Wow! Where'd you get that hard to find information? There's quite a bit of deep rooted history there in case you live under a rock. News Flash..there's Celtics fans here too. I also heard there's Bruins fans.
And your extensive knowledge of New England fans is a couple of guys from college? Wow, that's a pretty extensive database.
I know the history of the Steelers, and I respect it. Pittsburgh has nothing else to root for.
And obnoxious? We are obnoxious, but, seriously, you are a Steeler fan..pot meet kettle.

I didn't bring up the Celtics because the NBA has become one step removed from pro wresting. I was giving you a pass on that one.

I didn't bring up the Bruins because they wear black and gold. :rocker:

The Pirates have a bit of history as well, and we are making more history there as we speak. The Bucs are making a run at the longest streak in the history of MLB for consecutive losing seasons. Unfortunately, that is a different story and a perfect example of just how far baseball as a sport has fallen. What real joy can come from winning a championship that has everything to do with money and very little to do with heart, character, skill, leadership, etc.?

Actually if you are claiming the Bruins, we can claim to have the Pens. The Pens are one of the most exciting young teams in hockey and just signed a lease to stay in Pittsburgh another 40 years in a new arena.

Enough about all those silly sports... All I am saying is Steeler fans make the world go round. The Rooneys represent everything that is good in sports today, which is sometimes hard to find. Just look at superbowl XL. The attendance was 90% black and gold. Steeler fan pride has no equal.

I didn't bring up the Celtics because the NBA has become one step removed from pro wresting. I was giving you a pass on that one.

I didn't bring up the Bruins because they wear black and gold. :rocker:

The Pirates have a bit of history as well, and we are making more history there as we speak. The Bucs are making a run at the longest streak in the history of MLB for consecutive losing seasons. Unfortunately, that is a different story and a perfect example of just how far baseball as a sport has fallen. What real joy can come from winning a championship that has everything to do with money and very little to do with heart, character, skill, leadership, etc.?

Actually if you are claiming the Bruins, we can claim to have the Pens. The Pens are one of the most exciting young teams in hockey and just signed a lease to stay in Pittsburgh another 40 years in a new arena.

Enough about all those silly sports... All I am saying is Steeler fans make the world go round. The Rooneys represent everything that is good in sports today, which is sometimes hard to find. Just look at superbowl XL. The attendance was 90% black and gold. Steeler fan pride has no equal.

I don't know, I took a lot of joy in watching the Sox win again. I actually could care less about the Bruins, hockey..any of it. Never have, never will. I still love basketball though, sorry.

I understand the Steeler tradition and respect it, I already said that. There's also going to be bandwagon fans, you can't blame us for that. You have your tradition because you were a dynasty a long time ago while we were, well, sucking. How can you say we won't still have a fanbase 40 years from now as well though? You can't, you just don't know. None of us do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST