PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

State of the Board Discussion [Moved to Here]

Kasmir

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
MOD EDIT: Posts moved to allow the discussion to continue after the original thread was essentially hijacked by each of our discussions. - Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
The flip side of this is that expressing optimism, happiness, enthusiasm, and satisfaction is considered being disloyal by these folks. Those emotions need to be countered and discounted. How did "homer" become an insult when that's the definition of membership in a fans' forum?
Yep.

There is a very fine line between fact-based criticism and whining.

Many posters on this board don't know the difference.

Yep.

There is a very fine line between fact-based criticism and whining.

Many posters on this board don't know the difference.
Who cares if someone is overly optimistic or pessimistic? You and I both know that this is one of the more optimistic boards out there, regardless. Like I said, it is just football. The fate of the free world isn’t at stake over what we are discussing on here.

If there is one thing that Chiefs Planet gets right it's how they handle the non-fans who misbehave and those posters who insult fans.

Basically mods identify non-fans and are sent to what is called the "Romper Room".

After a period of time they are re-evaluated and if good behavior is demonstrated they are allowed back in the main forum.

I really think we are this point on this board. Way too many bad actors here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares if someone is overly optimistic or pessimistic? You and I both know that this is one of the more optimistic boards out there, regardless. Like I said, it is just football. The fate of the free world isn’t at stake over what we are discussing on here.
Thats not what I posted.

Fact-based criticism vs incessant whining is the issue here.

If you came out and said they are going 5-12 this year because of x, y and z that is totally fine. I wouldn't agree with it or like it but it's your opinion supported by your observations.

Thats not what I posted.

Fact-based criticism vs incessant whining is the issue here.

If you came out and said they are going 5-12 this year because of x, y and z that is totally fine. I wouldn't agree with it or like it but it's your opinion supported by your observations.
So then mute those people if you feel that they have something to offer in other threads, but you’re tired of reading their stuff in this one. The mute option has been a godsend for people who don’t want to put others on ignore for those reasons. If you don’t like what they have to offer in general, ignore them. I’m just not sure why so many people care what other posters think or say to the point where a thread about roster cutdowns has become a Class A b.itchfest. And it’s not just you. Some of what grown men are writing on here is cringe.

I'm not suggesting anything be done unilaterally. If you have dozens of posters calling out the same poster for being a whiney ***** who makes it a daily activity bashing actual fans, there is a problem.

I'm happy to keep calling out/battling these clowns but it isn't very fun.
So why bother?

That's a great question.

Maybe because i'm an over-protective d-bag who will defend things that I care about who has a short fuse for negativity and complaining.
If they’re not changing, then that meets the definition of insanity.

That's a great question.

Maybe because i'm an over-protective d-bag who will defend things that I care about who has a short fuse for negativity and complaining.

Maybe the two of us should start a sub forum.

Hi Ken,

Why are offended if "people" are offended? It goes both ways. If you want to express an opinion, and "people" want to express an opinion, why are not both opinions OK? Why do you feel "belittled"? Are other "people's" having an opinion not similar to you having an opinion?

Why do you find it sad that "people" do not agree with you? Is it because you have been "kicking around here for a long time", and therefore, your opinions should be respected?

I agree with you that "we should let people express how they feel". And if the "people" disagree with Ken, that is OK. Ken should accept that and not be offended when people express how they feel (which is not how Ken feels
Thank you for illustrating my point.

Maybe the two of us should start a sub forum.
I'm ok with the criticism and the debate. I don't want to lose that.

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
So then mute those people if you feel that they have something to offer in other threads, but you’re tired of reading their stuff in this one. The mute option has been a godsend for people who don’t want to put others on ignore for those reasons. If you don’t like what they have to offer in general, ignore them. I’m just not sure why so many people care what other posters think or say to the point where a thread about roster cutdowns has become a Class A b.itchfest. And it’s not just you. Some of what grown men are writing on here is cringe.
This is my opinion on that and perhaps I am wrong but I think many fans share this.

This is a PATRIOTS FANS message board. The season is about to start. Patriot fans as a while should be excited for the start of a new season. As a fan base we have been given more success than we have any right to expect. I take pride in the organization that delivered that, and I can’t understand why fans of the team would spew literal hate toward it.
My view is that this board should be a place where fans communicate about rooting for the team, not a place where people come to tear it down. There used to be pride on this board in the team. Opposing fans would come here, trash the patriots and get abused. Now it’s coming from within. Many fans in this board sound like the Jet dans who would come here early in the dynasty trashing the patriots. Opposing fans figured out they had no fight to win trashing the team that stomped them for decades, but now spoiled Patriot fans have taken their place.

Why respond? I think it’s as RW says, you take pride in something you care about, and don’t like people trashing it. I don’t understand how to be a fan that dislikes the team they root for.

Obviously, posting alternative concerns, and perspectives is fine. I think some of us got a little too wrapped up in a lot of the criticism we saw early in the preseason already writing off the season, which is frustrating. There's no issue with people venting as long as it's done in a constructive way, which as long as that's the case, I don't have an issue with it.

For the people who post "they suck" in every post, those would be the ones I would ask to try and be a little more thoughtful. There's not a whole else to watch in the fall and it's probably safe to say this season is going to be a little rocky but it doesn't change the fact the rest of us are going to try and at least follow along and enjoy whatever good things ultimately come from it. But I would still encourage people to provide honest takes - good or bad - as long as it's things that the rest of us can provide or have a reasonable discussion about.

Last edited:
I've also said this multiple times, it's still fine to root for and keep an eye on Brady while still being a fan of this team. I fall into that category. The guy brought us 20+ years of great football and I certainly wish him well and I'll root for him if he's in the mix in January and we're not. At the same time, head-to-head, I hope we beat them by 40+, but it doesn't need to be as black and white as some people make it out to be. You can still be a Patriots fan and hope Brady does well. It doesn't necessarily need to be one or the other.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back