PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

State of NE

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEPettyOfficer72

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
So i asked my Commander on the state of NE and here is he said. "I didn't know there was a situation? They have a quarterback and coach that rival Montana and Lombardi and a real defense that can dominate the tempo of a game, so what if their receivers get mixed up on routes they'll learn at least those kids get open religously. Bengals got lucky to catch this machine during maintenance which is pretty scary at 4-1."

I went to Nebraska once. It sucked.

Wait, what?

So i asked my Commander on the state of NE and here is he said. "I didn't know there was a situation? They have a quarterback and coach that rival Montana and Lombardi and a real defense that can dominate the tempo of a game, so what if their receivers get mixed up on routes they'll learn at least those kids get open religously. Bengals got lucky to catch this machine during maintenance which is pretty scary at 4-1."
The tenor of your post is foolishly optimistic but "those kids get open religiously" is an outright stupid comment. Did your "Commander" watch the Bengals game? Because no one, "kids" included, were getting open at all. Bolden was perhaps the only instance of a wide open receiver and he predictably blew the opportunity.

Bengals got lucky to catch this machine during maintenance which is pretty scary at 4-1."

:D

iRacing+Patriots.JPG

Wait, what?[/QUOTE

People like you make Deployments worth wild :) and as much as my commander knows about Football and as honest as he is that made me smile

Yes Yes Yes..the State Of New England...I've been an advocate of this for forty years...you have SIX super counties..Mass,Maine,NH,Vermont, Connecticut and RI....one tax structure,one set of motor vehicles rules and ONE LOUD VOICE for US...the Northeast....make it so, Riker...

Home / New England
New England Super-state Parliament Circuit #1

Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont

Maine Mini-state Parliament Circuit #ss1-1
New Hampshire Mini-state Parliament Circuit #ss1-2
Rhode Island Mini-state Parliament Circuit #ss1-3
North Connecticut Mini-state Parliament Circuit #ss1-4
SouthEast Connecticut Mini-state Parliament Circuit #ss1-5
SouthWest Connecticut Mini-state Parliament Circuit #ss1-6
Cape Cod Massachusetts Mini-state Parliament Circuit #ss1-7
Boston Massachusetts Mini-state Parliament Circuit #ss1-8
Eastern Massachusetts Mini-state Parliament Circuit #ss1-9
Central Massachusetts Mini-state Parliament Circuit #ss1-10
Western Massachusetts Mini-state Parliament Circuit #ss1-11
Vermont Mini-state Parliament Circuit #ss1-12

100 Member of Super-state Parliament (MSPs)

We got lucky there offense blew. We still could have won with field goals. I'm optimistic, but let's be realistic about the egg we laid on offense. Cincis got a good offense and we need to crank it up considerably to beat good teams.

Wait, what?

I thought you were smarter than this....:bricks:

Maybe its a military thing. :confused:

Guess the mech shop forget to turn the jet couple times before it's ready for the sorties last Sunday?

We got lucky there offense blew. We still could have won with field goals. I'm optimistic, but let's be realistic about the egg we laid on offense. Cincis got a good offense and we need to crank it up considerably to beat good teams.

We didn't get lucky their offense blew. Our defense is this good. Not sure what it will take for folks to get it...Defense is back in NE!

Unfortunately, it coincides with our Offense sucking due to FA, injuries and a dude who will be studied by the FBI's BAU section....

We didn't get lucky their offense blew. Our defense is this good. Not sure what it will take for folks to get it...Defense is back in NE!

Unfortunately, it coincides with our Offense sucking due to FA, injuries and a dude who will be studied by the FBI's BAU section....

This Sunday we will see what defense we really have,the Saints and Broncos are the biggest indicators to a defense of how good a defense really is....you keep them under 30 and you've accomplished something.

Sorry but the Jets,Bills,Bucs,a banged up Falcons and the Bengals are nowhere near the offensive levels of New Orleans and Denver...this week is THE test to what we have here....this defense is finally going to be tested hard and we will know by Sunday night of how good the D is.

This Sunday we will see what defense we really have,the Saints and Broncos are the biggest indicators to a defense of how good a defense really is....you keep them under 30 and you've accomplished something.

Sorry but the Jets,Bills,Bucs,a banged up Falcons and the Bengals are nowhere near the offensive levels of New Orleans and Denver...this week is THE test to what we have here....this defense is finally going to be tested hard and we will know by Sunday night of how good the D is.

They are keeping their opponents 6.5 PPG below their season average. What else do you need? I don't care who they've played that is impressive. Take out the Bills fumble return for a TD and they are keeping teams 8 PPG below their season average. But I understand, its all a mirage and they suck.

Next week if they keep the Saints under 30 points, then they will accomplish something? That is interesting because the Saints only average 26.8 PPG. So, how is keeping them below 30 points accomplishing something? In your opinion keeping teams 8 points below their PPG average is not accomplishing something? But allowing a team to score 3.1 points above their PPG average is suddenly an accomplishment? I don't understand that logic. :cool:

They are keeping their opponents 6.5 PPG below their season average. What else do you need? I don't care who they've played that is impressive. Take out the Bills fumble return for a TD and they are keeping teams 8 PPG below their season average. But I understand, its all a mirage and they suck.

Next week if they keep the Saints under 30 points, then they will accomplish something? That is interesting because the Saints only average 26.8 PPG. So, how is keeping them below 30 points accomplishing something? In your opinion keeping teams 8 points below their PPG average is not accomplishing something? But allowing a team to score 3.1 points above their PPG average is suddenly an accomplishment? I don't understand that logic. :cool:

I can see both sides to this argument, but the truth is that our defense is definitely MUCH better than we've seen in awhile. In the past couple of yrs we would see them get lit up at times against teams of this caliber, now we're actually getting the job done.

That said, I agree that N.Orleans will be quite a test and that we will know much more by the end of the game on Sunday; but I also won't put stock into that one game alone either. There have been many good defenses who end up on the wrong side of the Saints offensive machine. If they even hold them to 20-23 I will consider it a very, very good job.

With the NYJ, MIA, and PIT in our next 3 after that before the bye, I think we have a pretty decent shot at seeing some real improvement over more than 1/2 the season for the sample size. The problem of course is that we're not scoring enough points with an offensive average of 24th in the NFL. Hopefully that aspect changes quickly, because we'll need to score to hang around with the Saints.

The defense is clearly better than it has been in a long time, and while they will have to deal with the loss of Wilfork all season and kelly for the time being it is clearly going to be a much better defense for the foreseeable future. the offense has struggled but for good reasons, and they should start improving immediately and continue to improve as the season goes on. However it is the big picture that matters most, and in that big picture they are 4-1 with a really tough game Sunday. So they were able to carve out 4-1 through the first 5 despite their injuries and inexperience, and given their next 5 games they have a decent shot at replicating that start. If they do they are sitting at 8-2, and they will own the east by virtue of their record in it, but even if they only go 3-2 they will still be sitting at 7-3 and in a great position to win the division and make the play-offs once again, unless the two losses come to NY and Miami, at which point the division will be somewhat up for grabs.

The next 5 weeks:

4-1-Sitting pretty for the stretch run.

3-2 Looking good but need to finish really strong.

2-3-time to start getting concerned.

Gronkowski and Vereen will make things all better on offense. Can they stay healthy? Hopefully.

The rookies may or may not 'get it' during this season. They may never. The offense is a work in progress, and the season may have a deadline, but the receivers might not work along those lines.

The Patriots are about to play what may be the best team in the NFL. The Saints are only weak against strong rushing attacks. If the Patriots can finally show theirs off, we should all feel a lot better about things moving forward. Double up those good feelings if the defense can stall the Sainst offense some. Even a close lose is a positive note on the teams progression to Super Bowl contenders.

The defense is clearly better than it has been in a long time, and while they will have to deal with the loss of Wilfork all season and kelly for the time being it is clearly going to be a much better defense for the foreseeable future. the offense has struggled but for good reasons, and they should start improving immediately and continue to improve as the season goes on. However it is the big picture that matters most, and in that big picture they are 4-1 with a really tough game Sunday. So they were able to carve out 4-1 through the first 5 despite their injuries and inexperience, and given their next 5 games they have a decent shot at replicating that start. If they do they are sitting at 8-2, and they will own the east by virtue of their record in it, but even if they only go 3-2 they will still be sitting at 7-3 and in a great position to win the division and make the play-offs once again, unless the two losses come to NY and Miami, at which point the division will be somewhat up for grabs.

The next 5 weeks:

4-1-Sitting pretty for the stretch run.

3-2 Looking good but need to finish really strong.

2-3-time to start getting concerned.

The defense is much better than it has been in a long time. It really has been better since the Talib trade. As I have said in other threads, the biggest problem right now is Brady. They are 4-1 in spite of his play, not because of it. He is no longer calm under pressure like he used to be, and defenses know it. I know the young receivers are easy to blame, but their issues are expected. Brady's play is not. I think after this weekend, Brady will start to take more of the heat and lose his young WR scapegoat. I think the contrast between Brees's willingness to stay calm while under pressure and Brady's skittishness will be very clear.

The defense is much better than it has been in a long time. It really has been better since the Talib trade. As I have said in other threads, the biggest problem right now is Brady. They are 4-1 in spite of his play, not because of it. He is no longer calm under pressure like he used to be, and defenses know it. I know the young receivers are easy to blame, but their issues are expected. Brady's play is not. I think after this weekend, Brady will start to take more of the heat and lose his young WR scapegoat. I think the contrast between Brees's willingness to stay calm while under pressure and Brady's skittishness will be very clear.

Brees has been playing with his full complement of offensive weapons, Brady has been playing with rookies and back-ups, there's a huge difference. you can choose to ignore that if you want but it isn't reasonable by any means.

I think the contrast between Brees's willingness to stay calm while under pressure and Brady's skittishness will be very clear.

Stop. Just Stop.

Brees has been playing with his full complement of offensive weapons, Brady has been playing with rookies and back-ups, there's a huge difference. you can choose to ignore that if you want but it isn't reasonable by any means.

I'm not ignoring it at all - it is a factor, but that does not completely explain Brady's play. There was a time in Brady's career when he could have put up decent numbers playing with these guys, because he would have stood in the pocket, slid to an opening to buy time and hit his open man. The 2003-2004 teams were not loaded at the skill positions. Patten was a nobody before and after coming to NE. Brown was coming to the end of his career. Branch was productive for NE, but a JAG in Seattle. Givens was a 7th rounder with limited abilities. The TEs were high picks with decent skills - nothing exceptional. Brady elevated all of these guys with his poise, confidence and ability to buy them additional time to get open with his pocket awareness. He is no longer that guy. He is much closer to 1999 Bledsoe than 2004 Brady. It's difficult to acknowledge and even harder to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes