PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sounds like some of the media is really drinking the Miami Kool-Aid..

Status
Not open for further replies.
At our house, in the middle of December.... Minimal.

My house is torn.. My wife and most of my friends love Miami... They think this is the year they make a play off run.. Like most teams a big injury will hurt them badly. I believe there offense is ok but it's therE defense that's keeping them in games.. They did beat us but that's because we pretty much gave them that game with the fumbles and punt block... Even with the SD game they only scored when there defense made a big turn over. I could be wrong but I think they have very few scoring drives over 80 yards this year ..

Although if they beat Detroit I might get nervous..

They still have to play the @Lions, Bills, @Broncos, Ravens and @Us.

Plus the Jets twice and the Vikes.

They're ascending (and when I say that I mean.... for them), but they're zero threat to our play off seeding IMO.

As much as I've had a good laugh reading this thread, I penciled us in for the #1 seed with an "easy" win over Miami last year, and thought opening day in Miami was going to be an absolute massacre by the latest iteration of 16-0. So, thankfully, I'm sure the Pats don't see them as the pushover we do.

At our house, in the middle of December.... Minimal.
As big an advantage as the weather may be for Miami in Miami, the weather is a major advantage for the Patriots late in the season in Foxboro.

Miami is playing good football and is generally a tough out for New England but a warm weather team, playing New England, in the cold, late in the season? Good luck.

As big an advantage as the weather may be for Miami in Miami, the weather is a major advantage for the Patriots late in the season in Foxboro.

Miami is playing good football and is generally a tough out for New England but a warm weather team, playing New England, in the cold, late in the season? Good luck.

Yeah, I'm not the type of person to write off any team, but I have a hard time seeing them hang with us come December or January, especially if we're still playing at the level we are right now.

The unanimous best-team-in-the-league couldn't hang with us in our house. Miami has an uphill fight, but they do look like a promising team.

Yeah, I'm not the type of person to write off any team, but I have a hard time seeing them hang with us come December or January, especially if we're still playing at the level we are right now.

The unanimous best-team-in-the-league couldn't hang with us in our house. Miami has an uphill fight, but they do look like a promising team.
Miami and Buffalo are taking major strides this season. The problem with the opinion pieces of these scribes is that the Patriots are also taking major strides. The Pats are progressively improving every week and on both sides of the ball.

It's all well and good to say Miami is a challenger for the AFC East. I have no problem with anyone saying that. What needs to be mentioned is the fact that since the KC debacle, the Patriots are playing the best football of anyone in the NFL.

Personally, I welcome the development of the Bills and Dolphins (the Jets can continue to suck). If they improve it forces the Patriots to improve.

Miami always falls apart when the weather starts to turn. They had an epic meltdown last year after hearing similar things about themselves.

I bet the Bills stay relevant longer than the Dolphins.

Miami always falls apart when the weather starts to turn. They had an epic meltdown last year after hearing similar things about themselves.

I bet the Bills stay relevant longer than the Dolphins.

I agree only because the Bills are a cold weather team and are used to playing in a very rough stadium. Not many stadiums are windier.

...then again, most seasons they even suck there.

Miami right now is a better team on both sides of the ball IMO, they just haven't proven to be able to handle the elements, which is necessary when all 3 of your divisional rivals play in harsh outdoor conditions late in the year.

Bills beat the Dolphins. I didn't see the Chargers game so I don't know what to read into it.

As much as it pains me to write it, I can't blame the fans in MIA for being excited about their football team.

I would consider them to be a pain in the butt moving forward, yes. I think they are a WC contender. I do agree with those who feel that a payback is due come December here at home.

I think they are a WC contender.

No arguing with that logic. They have a tremendous pass rush that has disrupted every QB they've faced, their QB is playing with a lot less mistakes than earlier in his career and they have a good TE "outlet" said QB is extremely comfortable with. Reminds me of the Ben Coates Pats a little bit.

That said, with the Pats Oline playing at a significantly higher level, and game film the coaching staff can now employ to counter their biggest D strengths, I am very doubtful of a repeat of the Sep game.

if I was a Miami fan I'd be feeling like a world beater after the 37-0 thumping they gave the Chargers.

I think this has more to do with people wanting a difference result for the AFCE than we've typically had for the last 10 years. It might be Miami's turn some day, but this isn't the year for them to take us our (assuming we stay relatively healthy).

Miami did beat us, but that was week 1 and our team has improved significantly since that time. And while the Miami defense is a very good defense, we'll have been through the majority of top rated defenses this year and will be well positioned/battle tested for them and the post-season.

let's not forget that we didn't have Browner back in week 1... and I'll still chuck that loss to the fact it was week 1, not everyone may have been in full football shape, our OL was still being tweaked, and last but definitely not least, the heat played a MAJOR role on our team's performance. I'd bet my balls (don't need them anymore after 3 kids) and say we absolutely *** rape those fins come December at the razor.

Miami should be confident. They've been the most successful AFCE team against us in the B&B era. We would be foolish to look past them.

Miami's D is smothering their opponents...especially during their 3 game win streak.....giving up 9 pts per game. The offense has averaged 30 during this streak....That is +21/game. New England's D has been giving up 20 pts/game during their win streak while scoring 40/game.....+20/game.
Same point differential. ...Fish achieve it with their defense....Pats with their offense.
So the question becomes......D vs O....which triumphs in the regular season...in Foxborough.
Losing Moreno was huge in NE's eyes. He was the difference maker in September.
Seeing how NE's O line has gelled, I believe the Miami pass rush won't be as disruptive in December.
It will be interesting to see if Miami is ready for the challenge

I agree only because the Bills are a cold weather team and are used to playing in a very rough stadium. Not many stadiums are windier.

...then again, most seasons they even suck there.

Miami right now is a better team on both sides of the ball IMO, they just haven't proven to be able to handle the elements, which is necessary when all 3 of your divisional rivals play in harsh outdoor conditions late in the year.

Too bad they didn't have the same pull as the Mannings, then they could have been put in the all expansion division when they went to this idiotic 8 division setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents