PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sony Michel might equal... Kevin Faulk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is Sony doesn't look comfortable in that Role.

The more passing reps he has, the better he will be at it. Right now Sony is averaging a paltry 1 catch per game. I believe that he can and will do better.

Sony looks more like BJGE than Maroney. Maroney has the worst vision for a RB I’ve ever seen. It was amazing how many times he ran straight into a pile when he could’ve easily bounced outside. He was pile magnet.

Sony has some major flaws in his game he needs to work on that I’ve mentioned before with his ball carrying in the open field for one. He and BJGE are terrible at getting extra yards at first contact because they couldn’t switch the ball to the opposite arm to fight off defenders. Because of this, they go down fairly easily. The trade off is that they don’t fumble much.

Sony having a hard time outrunning DE’s to the outside is really concerning.
BJGE was better than Sony Michel. I am longing for the days of Blount.

I will say this again for the second time today.

"This is a joke, right"?

I will say this again for the second time today.

"This is a joke, right"?
Sony Bustchel rushed effectively last season behind a great offensive line but still showed nothing special.

This season he has been a joke. If he is still struggling with Wynn back then the problem with him will become more apparent.

In terms of effectiveness;
Ceiling: Legarette Blount
Floor: Laurence Maroney

not exactly first round talent.

Sony Bustchel rushed effectively last season behind a great offensive line but still showed nothing special.

This season he has been a joke. If he is still struggling with Wynn back then the problem with him will become more apparent.

In terms of effectiveness;
Ceiling: Legarette Blount
Floor: Laurence Maroney

not exactly first round talent.

Maybe he needs more time in the passing game to develop hands but so far he has been just an average RB.

This is what's concerning.

Sony has no burst, very little wiggle, and goes down too easily. The only positive I saw last year is that he had good vision in seeing the hole. This year, very little holes to see, he's been bad. He's a jag.. I wish the Pats could draft a speed guy for a change.

Michael has not had a good year, that much we all know.
But who other than Edelman, on offense, has been played up to the level expected of them?

Sony can't catch the ball, Faulk couldn't hang onto the ball. Kinda different.

No offence but that Two RB set would be so much more Lethal with White/Burkhead. :cool:
An even potentially more effective duo could be White & Damien Harris, if Bill ever decides to free him from prison (unless he's so horribly bad that Bill doesn't want to expose himself to criticism).

An even potentially more effective duo could be White & Damien Harris, if Bill ever decides to free him from prison (unless he's so horribly bad that Bill doesn't want to expose himself to criticism).
Nah, I think they just have guys they like. Have you ever been on a sports team where a coach favors a player for absolutely no reason?

But the Harris pick looks really pointless.

I’d rather have 2004 Corey Dillion.

How much worse could Harris be than Michel? Give the kid some touches.

It is odd that Harris has basically been redshirted this year. This is a smart talented player so its hard to understand his lack of playing time.
If you weren't going to play him because the position is so deep, a TE in the third round would have been helpful. Dawson Knox would look awfully good right about now.

Speaking of all the Michel hate,

I totally just remembered: we signed Gillislee to a two year contract and he sucked ass. Only to be replaced by Jeremy Hill.

Damn.

Michel’s about as good a runner as he is a pass catcher at this point. Take that for what it is.

How much worse could Harris be than Michel? Give the kid some touches.

The two rushes I saw Harris make in preseason made me think, “he hits the hole fast.” I wouldn’t mind seeing what he could do.

The two rushes I saw Harris make in preseason made me think, “he hits the hole fast.” I wouldn’t mind seeing what he could do.
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some more carries down the stretch due in large part to Sony's ineffectiveness.

It is odd that Harris has basically been redshirted this year.

They did the same thing with James White. He was inactive for all but 3 games as a rookie.

They did the same thing with James White. He was inactive for all but 3 games as a rookie.
Not quite exactly the same thing though...White red-shirted behind a 4th-year Sugar Shane Vereen; Harris is red-shirting behind a near-completely useless Soreknee Michelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes