Sony Michel might equal... Kevin Faulk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, hear me out. :)

Kevin Faulk was the James White of Dynasty 1.0... the reliable 3rd down pass-catching back who could surprise you with a run or two. BUT... he had an issue early on... fumbling.

BB has been notoriously tough on fumblers. But he kept giving Faulk second chances, and Faulk became as sure handed as any Pats back.

Fast forward to Michel. Sony is having some issues in the passing game. I am hopeful that BB and Brady stick with him through this. Remember... the first play against PHI was a nice catch and run by Sony. If they can... or do... it could open up some nice backfield possibilities for the offense.

Assuming Wynn is solid going forward (silent prayer here), you can have both Sony and White in the backfield... and no TE. Pass to either... leave both in for protection if going to a WR... have one block for the other when running. At the very least, when Sony is in, it’s not guaranteed that he’s running the ball.

This seems sane to me... but....

https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

I might be crazy. o_O

On a small, anecdotal sample size which I don't care to double check right now, it seems that Michel will look good early on in the passing game and really trail off later on. Could it just be that Brady isn't looking to him once the game is in a more delicate state?

3gwz38.jpg

Love the message Rover. Many of the " elites" started out as young promising no named recruits. One of the great pleasures of watching this team over the years. Who's the next stud and who's the next Wally Pip.

I don't disagree but one of his drops on Sunday nearly resulted in a turnover.

Are you trolling us all with these threads?

Hmmmmm well Sony had Four Targets last game:eek: which was high for him. It's no mystery when Sony is in there the Defense thinks run. So if he improves his hands and route running we can cross them up.

Until proven otherwise Sony is dead to me as a pass catcher. But as it gets colder and the OL improves, he’s a good enough threat in the run game to open up the play action.

OP, he will never develop into a good pass catcher.

Best thing close to Faulk is White.

Even Lewis was so much better...so yeah Sony won’t.

This is a joke, right?

Never say never core: compared to who we had in the past Sony pales in comparison. But if Sony continues to develop in that area he could be decent. We have had many good/great pass catchers I would settle for decent from Sony.

Okay, hear me out. :)

Kevin Faulk was the James White of Dynasty 1.0... the reliable 3rd down pass-catching back who could surprise you with a run or two. BUT... he had an issue early on... fumbling.

BB has been notoriously tough on fumblers. But he kept giving Faulk second chances, and Faulk became as sure handed as any Pats back.

Fast forward to Michel. Sony is having some issues in the passing game. I am hopeful that BB and Brady stick with him through this. Remember... the first play against PHI was a nice catch and run by Sony. If they can... or do... it could open up some nice backfield possibilities for the offense.

Assuming Wynn is solid going forward (silent prayer here), you can have both Sony and White in the backfield... and no TE. Pass to either... leave both in for protection if going to a WR... have one block for the other when running. At the very least, when Sony is in, it’s not guaranteed that he’s running the ball.

This seems sane to me... but....

I might be crazy. o_O

No offence but that Two RB set would be so much more Lethal with White/Burkhead. :cool:

This is a joke, right?
Why is it a joke?

We have a decent amount of evidence to support the opinion Michel doesn't have a feel for the passing game.

Maybe someday but right now Sony is to pass catching what Cyrus was to punt catching.

I don't disagree but one of his drops on Sunday nearly resulted in a turnover.

That's my point... Faulk in his first two years had 9 fumbles. 9.

Kevin Faulk Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Imagine how this board would be treating any RB today who had that many in that period of time. Heck, after two fumbles, the sharks would be circling.

And yet, BB hung with him, and it paid off. My point is that I hope BB and Brady do the same for Sony in the passing game, as I believe it can have a similar payoff.

No James White is by far our best catching RB

Sony is looking like he’s taking the career path of Cadillac Williams. Did not expect this happening.

man I thought he was going to be the next Marshall Faulk, he even looks like him

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News