PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Somewhat OT: Jakobi Meyers says he didn't feel respect playing here

I've never been a big Meyers fan but he was consistently disrespected here. He put up numbers only to be behind N'Keal Harry the following season multiple times like he hadn't already proven that he was better. Always starting at the bottom of the totem pole must be tiring and as an udfa he was right to take every dollar available.

On PatsFans? Lol, wut?
Not by us..the staff. He would end the season as our number one wr only to be behind Harry and others on the depth chart come the following season.

Not by us..the staff. He would end the season as our number one wr only to be behind Harry and others on the depth chart come the following season.
That's not accurate if you got that opinion it wasn't from the staff. Probably the media maybe even the team website. You think Bill and McD went up to Meyers and told him Harry was better. If you want to know what the staff thought go look at snap counts. Rookie year Harry got hurt and by early the following season Meyers passed him after that Meyers always had more pt.

He left for money not because of disrespect.

Last edited:
In context the respect thing doesn't sound as bad but Meyers does seem to be somewhat bitter.

Absolutely. I saw the interview as well. He seemed as if he wanted to stay ,but the team didn't want to match what he got offered from Vegas. Of course I wish he would have stayed simply becuase he's a home grown player, great hands and a 3rd down machine. However as many players over the years have said this was business as usual.

I've never been a big Meyers fan but he was consistently disrespected here. He put up numbers only to be behind N'Keal Harry the following season multiple times like he hadn't already proven that he was better. Always starting at the bottom of the totem pole must be tiring and as an udfa he was right to take every dollar available.
He was ahead of N'Keal on the depth chart. Remember N'Keal asked for a trade, and was hurt yet again for a second consecutive season so that alone put him down on the depth chart poor performance, and not being available.

Harry would make 1 great play and dozens of bad ones. I thought when McDaniels lined him up in the backfield like a deboo type role he was good in. Thought that would be how he would be used. Myers just caught everything his way and became more reliable as a target.

If you swap Juju and Parker for Meyers/Hopkins (an 800 yard receiver and a 1000 yard receiver) I would think the offense could've been better enough to win more games this year. and it was very doable for us to have both and trot out a core of

Hopkins/Meyers/Bourne/Douglas...
It certainly would've been better, but they also had QB and O-Line issues. Also, it was highly unlikely D-Hop was going to sign with NE after what happened with him and O'Brien in Houston.

That's just politics. Every team is going to give a 1st round pick as many looks as possible before looking at alternatives. Aside from that, they played different spots. Harry was supposed to be an outside guy with Meyers playing the slot.

I'm surprised NE put up with Harry for as long as they did given he had the worst attitude I've seen since AJ Jenkins of the 49ers rejecting to workout with Jerry Rice. Julian Edelman has talked about it on his show that he noticed throughout the years when the Pats would draft WR's and knew right away they wouldn't make it in the league. Harry was one of those guys you could tell he DOA.

Last edited:
Only you masochistic knuckleheads wanna dwell on it. :rofl: It'll be around forever because you simply won't. move. on.
It's an incredibly legitimate discussion, even if it makes the knuckleheads like you uncomfortable.

I actually tried to start a thread that would keep it in one place but it was shot down.

I'm also thinking of trying to start a coach vs player thread (in general not specific to TvB) but I'm sure you and yours would rail against that too and push to squash that discussion also.

Some people can't handle the truth.

It's an incredibly legitimate discussion, even if it makes the knuckleheads like you uncomfortable.

I actually tried to start a thread that would keep it in one place but it was shot down.

I'm also thinking of trying to start a coach vs player thread (in general not specific to TvB) but I'm sure you and yours would rail against that too and push to squash that discussion also.

Some people can't handle the truth.
Players play. What is there to talk about?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back