PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton talks to Jakobi Meyers and Cams take on playing for NE

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

What a fun interview with Jakobi. Segment starts at 12:00.

"New England, Massachusetts" :D Come on man.

Cam talking up Jakobi from 2020 and basically saying he was doing great against Gilmore in 1:1's in the bubble but Cam thought it was crazy Jakobi still wasn't dressing for games for some reason. Jakobi agreed saying he was wondering at times if he wasn't cut out to be in the NFL and was thinking of quitting(!). Says Cam talking to him 1 on 1 at the time basically brought his confidence back and he'll always appreciate that.

Cam says the Jets game was Jakobi's coming out party as an NFL receiver.

Cam says he came to NE in large part because of JE11. Talks about how JE played even though he was "more hurt than he was given credit for" - but that's who he is. Felt Jakobi was "deflated mentally" and tried to get him in the game.

Cam's biggest regret playing in NE was the fact he didn't play in front of fans at the stadium. Feeds off the energy off people. With the empty stadiums and fake crowd noise "what is that weak ass ****" lol

Josh McDaniels is a "beautiful offensive mind"

Jakobi implying that the grind when he first started playing in NE was he's taking these hits and blocks to support his family. Now he can "breathe and play for myself a little bit". Gets to enjoy football a little bit more and has a whole new aspect on it. I don't know if he meant after he left NE or when he finally started getting reps? If he meant playing for NE under BB is a grind then I'm sure he's not the only one right now.

Jakobi lived in a little "hut" in Foxboro now he has breathing room in Vegas lol

Cam's take on the Bills Pats game. Saw BB smile, "that's always a good thing" lol. For the first time this year he saw emotion from Mac Jones, that competitiveness, he was making big time throws, playing with confidence even in "murky dirty pockets" and still making plays like he can.

Good stuff. I miss Jakobi.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3