PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Something very small i noticed that separates Brady and Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peyton Manning is the Lebron James of the NFL.

That's actually brilliantly put but honestly think that's a disservice to LeBron because i don't think Manning is even in his league.

Manning could never accomplish what James did in the Finals last year, Peyton was the perennial playoff pressure choker. Very rarely did he deliver at the biggest of moments.

Brady on the other hand.....

Yep...LeBron has carried teams to championships, showing up in the biggest games. He isn't perfect, but he is damn good. I would compare his 3-1 comeback against Golden State to what Brady did in the SB. That was a 73 win team and LeBron was epic. Okay, not quite Brady heroics, but you get the point. Does Manning even have a signature moment, besides being handed an undeserved participation MVP trophy and giving the crowd a paid-for Budweiser plug? I mean, really, Manning's postseason heroics highlight reel is practically nothing. There are too many games to even list for Brady.

ZTFI7l.gif

I have some acquaintances that are Colts/Manning fans and they have long since dropped arguing Manning vs. Brady. The only thing they have left now is some silly argument that Rodgers is somehow more "gifted" than Brady, that if he only had Belichick, he'd win every year. They always have to hop over to something...

That's actually brilliantly put but honestly think that's a disservice to LeBron because i don't think Manning is even in his league.

Manning could never accomplish what James did in the Finals last year, Peyton was the perennial playoff pressure choker. Very rarely did he deliver at the biggest of moments.

Brady on the other hand.....

For most of his career LeBron was known as a choker. He even quit on his team in the playoffs against Detroit early in his career.

Something very small i noticed that separates Brady and Manning

Yes, there is: those THREE little Super Bowl Rings!!! ;)

More like four. It's hard to count that second one. Manning was legitimately the worst QB in football that year. They won it in spite of him. He was just along for the ride. He has two rings like Floyd has one.

I'd like to see the drive charts from Peyton's 55 TD season and see what % of his TD passes came from the 1 yard line compared with other elite QBs.

I have a hard time buying that Peyton was ever thinking about his stats over winning. He was a class act and probably the 2nd greatest QB of all time. He deserves some respect.

Agree to disagree. I strongly believe Lebron to be one of the most overrated athletes ever. This isnt fantasy basketball. You have people comparing him to the GOAT MJ. Is he a generational talent like Kobe/Shaq/Duncan? Yes, but not on MJ's tier.

Bill Russell is the GOAT and it isn't even close.

It's backwards if anything, Peyton did less with more, LeBron almost beat the 08 Celtics in game 7 with a crap team...By the time he retires he'll probably have an argument for best ever along with Russ, Wilt, Kareem and MJ.

One of those players might have more championships than the other three combined.

EDIT: You might be able to throw Lebron in there too.

Last edited:
Another myth busted, sadly. Here's a P-F-R query for career 1-yd TD passes:

Player Touchdown Finder Query Results | Pro-Football-Reference.com

The top 5:
1. P. Manning - 38
2. B. Favre - 37
3. T. Brady - 35
4. D. Brees - 32
5. D. Marino - 23
11. A. Rodgers - 19

And since Brady has fewer total TD passes than Manning, Favre, and Brees that means Brady's percentage of 1-yd TD passes is higher than theirs.
Not really myth busted. If a Team makes it to the 1 or 2, four times and rushes it in three, and passes one, versus another team making it to the same point twice and rushing it in once and passing it once it would say something but the stats would say one passing TD each.

The percentage of Manning team passing TDs from the 1 or 2, vs Manning team rushing TDs, compared to the same for Brady is the relevant statistic. I don't know how to find that though.

Useful information. Manning was a great QB. Brady is just in a different class. Brady has played 15 regular seasons and in 7 Super Bowls. 47% of the time, he ends up playing in the Super bowl. Almost 50% of time he ends ups in the final game of the season. Just think about that. Who else has had a career like that? Jordan?

I think the Brady v PManning debate is a great example of an awesome Passer in Manning versus an awesome Quarterback in Brady.

Brady raises the game of everyone around him, even when his #1 receiver would be a weak 2 on a lot of teams (although even he couldn't redeem David Terrell's career). His focus and determination - year round - shames the rest of the roster into doing more. He is the epitome of "Lead by example". And now, after SB 51, those traits have reached legendary status.

That's why he IS the GoAT.

Tom Brady is going to play so long that he will own every single passing record when he retires.

I can't wait to see the horror in Peyton's eyes as all his precious records fall.

Something small that separates Brady from Manning....

3 rings
2 inches of less forhead
Clutchness
90% less squawking and flapping during audibles
He doesn't always put his helmet back on after he loses a game

Edit: some of my items aren't small. For example, 2 inches of less forhead and Peyton might have also had a supermodel wife

Last edited:
Interesting post.

In 2013, from the opponents 1-10 yard line, the Broncos had 134 plays. They ran 58 times (43%), and scored 15 rushing TDs, while passing 76 times for 33 TDs.

In 2007, from the opponents 1-10 yard line, the Patriots had 143 plays. They ran 70 times (49%) for 18 rushing TDs, while passing 73 times for 29 TDs.

This year, from the opponents 1-10 yard line, the Patriots had 126 plays. They ran 74 times (59%) for 19 TDs, while passing 52 times for 17 TDs.

The rushing game might not have been as effective from a TD perspective, but there was a concerted effort for some balance in 2007, while this year they really concentrated on running the ball down near the goal line.

also, look at Rodgers. he will take a sack instead of throwing the ball away because it will hurt his "passing cpercentage" record that he holds. so he would rather keep his record than make the play that will give his team the better chance to get a first down. brady always throws that ball away that hurts his completion percentage

For most of his career LeBron was known as a choker. He even quit on his team in the playoffs against Detroit early in his career.
He HAD a reputation like that but i'm pretty sure that's almost been ERASED. Sort of like how they USED to say asinine things like Brady hadn't won in 10 years and that too has now been ERASED.

LeBron got some terrible Cavs teams a long way and the second you paired him with a guy like Wade it was over for the league.

Brady=Jordan + Pippen. I don't think any other modern day athlete comes close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes