PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Something very small i noticed that separates Brady and Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peyton Manning is the Lebron James of the NFL.
Not even close. LeBron has some of the best playoff stats of all time and has a handful of huge/clutch games in the playoffs. I can't name one of Peytons. LeBrons also been the best player by far in all of his championship runs. Its arguable Peyton was even the best player during Indys SB run. Peyton has 9 one and dones. LeBrons never lost in the first round. Peyton wishes he had the equivalent of LeBrons postseason resume lol.

I love how Manning is seen as the "every-man warrior" and Brady is seen as the "primadonna *****", when its totally the opposite.

Brady had to work for everything he's gotten, and has taken a ton of **** during the entire process.

Silver Spoon Manning had every advantage his entire life, and had everyone blowing him during the entire process.

Karma has a funny way of working itself out, and I think it's safe to say - the right man won.

But Peyton loves Bud Light.

When I read the thread title, I thought it was about Peyton's dung.

LeBron started like Manning and is finishing like Brady.

Exactly, and btw he carried some of those teams without any star power to some of the finals he lost. Peytons never had no less than 2 probowl receivers in all of his title runs.

This comparison is egregious.

LeBron started like Manning and is finishing like Brady.
It's backwards if anything, Peyton did less with more, LeBron almost beat the 08 Celtics in game 7 with a crap team...By the time he retires he'll probably have an argument for best ever along with Russ, Wilt, Kareem and MJ.

Please. LeBron is several tiers above Manning. Titles. Clutchness...

I would have said that a few years ago but not anymore
Peyton has never ever done anything close to this...

lYLkwXW.jpg

That's an insult to Labron

BTW- there isn't a small gap between Brady and Manning, there is a HUGE gap. They aren't even in the same conversation and haven't been for a long long time.

Let's think about this....

Manning career one-and-dones: 9
Brady career one-and-dones: 2
Brady career playoff losses: 9

Yup, it's a huge gap!

Just because character and integrity don't take up physical space doesn't mean they are small.

Imagine being Peyton Manning. You finally get that elusive 2nd ring being carried by your defense in one of the more boring Super Bowls ever and it's sandwiched between two Super Bowl wins by those God damn Patriots and Tom Brady in the two biggest comebacks of Super Bowl history. LOL

Here's the difference between Brady and Manning. I posted this in another thread but thought it is worth reposting (I worked hard on researching this so I want my money's worth!! :D) The subject is Tom Brady in the 4th quarter of Super Bowls needing points:

Virtually EVERY SINGLE TIME Tom Brady has had the ball in a Super Bowl 4th quarter needing points (with at least 1:00 left) he has delivered.

SB36: Rams tie it with 90 seconds to go, he leads the team for a FG
SB38: Trailing 22-21 with 7:00 to go, he leads team to an 8-point TD drive
SB38: Panthers tie it with 68 seconds to go, he leads the team for a FG
SB42: Literally, the only time he failed was at the start of the 4th quarter in this game. With 11:05 left, the Giants took a 10-7 lead and the Patriots did not score, until....
SB42: Trailing by 3 with 7:00 to go, he leads team to go ahead TD
SB49: Trailing 24-14 with 12:00 left, he leads team to a TD
SB49: Trailing 24-21 with 7:00 left, he leads team to a TD
SB51: Trailing 28-9 with 14:00 left, he leads team to a FG
SB51: Trailing 28-12 with 8:30 left, he leads team to an 8-point TD drive
SB51: Trailing 28-20 with 3:30 left, he leads team to an 8-point TD drive

oh and by the way:

SB51: Tied 28-28 in overtime, he leads team to a TD drive

(Our good friend, Peyton Manning, has had 1 such situation in his career and he threw a pick-6)

It's backwards if anything, Peyton did less with more, LeBron almost beat the 08 Celtics in game 7 with a crap team...By the time he retires he'll probably have an argument for best ever along with Russ, Wilt, Kareem and MJ.

Yeah, even when LeBron was a "choker" he was still more clutch than Peyton.

Not sure how little this is but the GOAT is the ultimate team player and Manning didn't give it a 2nd thought about throwing his O-line under the bus after a playoff loss to the Steelers.

I noticed something that separates Manning and Brady.

2 < 5

Is Tom Brady the GOAT? One of Peyton Manning's favorite receivers thinks so
“Man, you know I’ve played with one of the best,” Wayne said of Peyton Manning and their 11 seasons together with the Indianapolis Colts (not counting the 2012 season Manning missed). “… I go down on the ship with [Manning]. But it’s kind of hard to take that (title) away from Tom Brady, man. This dude’s résumé speaks for itself.

“I was quoted last week saying, ‘If he finds a way to win this game, he’s probably the best ever.’ And not only did he win the game it’s the fashion, the way in which he did it. Down 25 points? Come on, man. He set [all-time] records in the Super Bowl.”
Is Tom Brady the GOAT? One of Peyton Manning's favorite receivers thinks so

Yeah, even when LeBron was a "choker" he was still more clutch than Peyton.
Really was only two times he disappointed, 2011 finals and 2013 finals for about half the series. Domainted OT game 6 and then game 7 and got the MVP. Hell they lost 2014 finals in 5 and LeBron was argumently the MVP of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back