PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some news on Chad Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albert Breer ( I think that's his name) on NEST last night, said that Jackson was very unhappy here and wanted out. He didn't say if the Patriots were trying to trade him.

I know other players are happy here but he's a 22 year old kid and maybe just didn't like the area or the way the team demanded he work.

Albert Breer ( I think that's his name) on NEST last night, said that Jackson was very unhappy here and wanted out. He didn't say if the Patriots were trying to trade him.

I know other players are happy here but he's a 22 year old kid and maybe just didn't like the area or the way the team demanded he work.

or maybe he wanted more PT and on another team he could get it

Chad == Fred Ex

He'll be out of the league in a few years. Count on it.;)

or maybe he wanted more PT and on another team he could get it

That seems more likely to me. He envisioned himself as a #2, Pats saw him more as a #4 for now. Can't fault the kid for wanting more, unless he was unwilling to work for it... in that case, good luck kid.

Chad == Fred Ex

He'll be out of the league in a few years. Count on it.;)

Oh my god, please no. Say what you want about Chad, but NO ONE is as intolerable as Freddie Mitchell.

When CJ shows up in fur coats and talks like he's already in the HOF, then you can make that comparison.

Can you imagine Jackson starting opposite Ocho Cinco with Carson Palmer throwing him the ball? Hes working out with the Bengals on wednesday.

IMO he is going to catch on with some team and make the pats regret letting him go. He IS good, he just doesnt have the attitude or discipline that the Pats organization demands. He would thrive in a place like Oakland or Cincy.

I imagined him opposite Randy Moss with Tom Brady throwing to him. I don't understand the 'we will regret it' talk. I won't regret it because I EXPECT him to play well somewhere else. Unfortunately he didn't work out here. Time to move on IMO.

PATSNUTme said:

Yup, those guys are the ones who are a good fit for this system...

Bill touched a little bit on some of the characteristics that young and old players who fit here have. Among those in addition to versatility and mental flexability is a combination of humility and drive which enables the player to welcome rather than just survive constructive criticism.

I remember Brady telling the story about the time he "found" a QB critique of himself left lying in plain sight (where Charlie knew his curiosity would force him to read it). It stung a good bit but he realized it was correct and took it all to heart and vowed to improve in all the areas in which he was evaluated as deficient. And he did. Had he not always had to fight even for the chance to split playing time with overhyped stiffs, or had he been drafted rounds earlier after being led to believe he was potentially the best prospect at his position in his draft year, he might have instead let that bend his nose out of joint and decided as, for example, Bethel did that he'd done everything the cranky old guys asked him to do and there was just no pleasing these Patriot coaches... :rolleyes:

I can't believe I am going to say this but: Felger was right when last night he said "CJ is the biggest flop in the BB draft era" Bethel at least won you some games got on the field and made some very productive plays out there. Actually in 03-04 he was one of the best ST players in the league. Think back to that Cleveland game we were all touting his ST prowess. Sorry but Felger has a point CJ is a bust and despite all of his talents, and for the record I think he could be as terrifying as Moss if he had brain 1 in that head of his, he will not be a big NFL player as long as he keeps thinking the problem is not him but the old white guys

Just out of curiosity, if and when Jackson signs with another team, are we going to see threads every week describing what he did and why this means we should have kept him?

What the hell is this board's obsession with this guy?

Just out of curiosity, if and when Jackson signs with another team, are we going to see threads every week describing what he did and why this means we should have kept him?

I plan on it.

CJ was gifted physically size and speed, and probably didnt have to work much at any level to own a starting role. Players like that arent use to riding pine, players like that also arent used to working hard, since they never had to in HS or college.

I could see him wanting to move on to a better situation (where he doesnt have to work hard and will see the field). Wether it happens or not only time will tell.

Can you imagine Jackson starting opposite Ocho Cinco with Carson Palmer throwing him the ball? Hes working out with the Bengals on wednesday.

IMO he is going to catch on with some team and make the pats regret letting him go. He IS good, he just doesnt have the attitude or discipline that the Pats organization demands. He would thrive in a place like Oakland or Cincy.
How is Palmer-Johnson better than Brady-Moss?

I wouldn't say he is good. I'll say what I said when we drafted him. Awesome talent, tremendous hands. What I didn't know was rounds off routes, quits on routes.

For him to be good, he needs to pull an Irving Fryar, as someone said. If he is humbled by being cut, and resolves to get his act together, he will be very good.

Otherwise he better learn to speak Canadian, eh.

Don't worry, CJ Jones will make all of us forget about Chad Jackson

Don't worry, CJ Jones will make all of us forget about Chad Jackson

I get the feeling that CJ Jones is only still around as a punt returner for week 1. Once Faulk gets back and Welker is healthy, we'll have two other options and CJ will probably be released to free up a spot for Faulk.

If CJ Jones had been a 2nd round pick people would be drooling over some of the catches he made this pre-season.

He may well get caught in the numbers game when Faulk is added, but I'm not convinced it's as much of a slam dunk as some do.

I was rooting for Chad, and hope he catches on well elsewhere, but this downgrading of Jones to make a point is a bit ridiculous.

Players are always unhappy when they think they're hot stuff but the team thinks they're underperforming. Remember when Bethel Johnson claimed he had no idea why the coaches were unhappy with him after a benching? Leading to one of BB's rare negative comments about a player, along the lines of "I find that hard to believe"?

Probably Jackson felt he wasn't given enough playing time and that's why he didn't succeed; the Patriots felt he wasn't succeeding so he didn't get playing time. Predicting his future success, I'm going with the long, long track record of amazing physical specimens who were drafted high at WR but just couldn't cut it on the field. They always get a second chance or two, but I can't remember a single one who actually fulfilled his potential with a new team.

Players are always unhappy when they think they're hot stuff but the team thinks they're underperforming. Remember when Bethel Johnson claimed he had no idea why the coaches were unhappy with him after a benching? Leading to one of BB's rare negative comments about a player, along the lines of "I find that hard to believe"?

Probably Jackson felt he wasn't given enough playing time and that's why he didn't succeed; the Patriots felt he wasn't succeeding so he didn't get playing time. Predicting his future success, I'm going with the long, long track record of amazing physical specimens who were drafted high at WR but just couldn't cut it on the field. They always get a second chance or two, but I can't remember a single one who actually fulfilled his potential with a new team.

How does Cris Carter sound? Thrown to the curb by the Eagles, picked up for pennies by the Vikings and rest is history.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey