PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some news on Chad Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Ashley Lelie is bouncing around unemployed too could indicate that spending high draft picks on WRs might not be the best idea.

There has to be more first (+high 2nd?) round busts at that position than any other. Detroit alone.....

Detroit drafted only one first round draft wr that was a bust, Charles Rogers. Calvin Johnson isn't a bust, and Williams is not a bust.

Detroit drafted only one first round draft wr that was a bust, Charles Rogers. Calvin Johnson isn't a bust, and Williams is not a bust.

I don't really follow Detroit, so I'll take your word for it. I would say drafting WRs very high hasn't led them to success.

I still maintain WRs have a lot of 1st round busts. So do QBs, but you have to take a chance on a QB once in a while. Lots of guys can catch the ball and the most successful receivers are not necessarily the fastes, biggest or most expensive.

Mike Williams was a bust though. Roy obviously wasn't.

How about Mike Williams? Let's face it, Detroit drafted four top 10 WRs in this decade and has one WR who hasn't caught 50 balls in a season yet and a couple Cowboys draft picks to show for it.

You should be able to build one or more teams around four top 10 picks.

Failure any way you slice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back