PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So we losing 6 of our next 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 seed is looking very likely... beating the steelers would put us in control there and we're a better team than KC... just have to tie them from here on out. liking how things are lining up

IMHO it mst certainly is not likely at least not yet. Steelers have 7 games left with 5 at home. After the Patriots game they finish up with the Tanking Texans and everybody's favorite lovable losers, the Cleveland Browns. 2 of their next upcoming 3 are the Packers and Bengals. They do have the Titans next week, however, I'm leaning toward the Titans being a house of cards.

KC has the laughable Giants up next followed by the 'can't score 20 except against the Bills' Jets and the plummeting Bills. The 3 games following that are all at home (the finale being Denver in Denver -- a game we may need for Denver to win).

I'm not saying I dislike our chances but the Patriots win last night is just one win against a team headed in the dreadfully wrong direction. The Patriots still have some 'things' to iron out, still have some areas of personnel weakness, and it isn't yet time to declare us almost unbeatable. I do like our chances but I'm doubtful there won't be a few games we'll struggle to play up to par in. IMHO the margins still are too smallish for #1 seed to be termed likely. But give me a loss or two from KC as well as Pitt(one by our own hands) to provide some room for error and '#1 seed is likely' talk is applicable.

They just lost 6 out of 7.

I know, I read it here in advance.

They're in great shape for sure. As always, health looms above all.

Of the remaining games, next week is interesting, what is that, a mile and a half up? So we'll see. Pittsburgh, of course. Usually easily handled, but worth paying attention to.

And five division games...they can be weird, so at least one will be squirrelly...not necessarily a loss, but a close one at least.

14-2 or 13-3.

I like the cut of your jib, OP.

This defense very well may not face another big test the way they did in the first 4 weeks until they play in the Super Bowl. Hopefully Minnesota finds a way to represent the NFC

This defense very well may not face another big test the way they did in the first 4 weeks until they play in the Super Bowl. Hopefully Minnesota finds a way to represent the NFC
I say the Saints would be best. Roger could have another uncomfortable moment. Though anyone other than Philly is fine by me, not because of their team, but because of their fans.

We're playing great, but there's one thing we gotta be honest with ourselves with:

This might be the easiest the AFC has ever been. Our conference has become a joke.

I thought BUF was going to at least sustain somewhat they ballhawking ways but my god the wheels have come off. They should finish 7-9. I still think games @ BUF in Dec are always a challenge but the Pats should win both.

The Raiders are not playing with any confidence. As long as the keep Carr under control somewhat it should be a W in Mexico.

MIA stinks. 2 more wins.

Jets @ home-W

With those games they should be 13-2.

Pitt....I can't figure out. They will most likely finish 13-3 or 12-4. Their D is better but not sure Haden will be back vs NE. Roeth and Bell have not been their typical highly productive selves. With that said Bryant is back and hes a handful.

I think NE is better. Another SHOULD win but its in Pitt. However NE owns Pitt.

14-2 is well within reach.

We're playing great, but there's one thing we gotta be honest with ourselves with:

This might be the easiest the AFC has ever been. Our conference has become a joke.

NFC isn't much better. Philly is strong but are you scared of them?

Patriots have lost twice at home in the past three seasons to the Bills. Albeit those included starters resting & a suspended TB.
Which of course invalidates those games

14-2 is more likely than 12-4, based on our upcoming schedule. It's difficult to see us dropping any of the division games

Be careful, don't fall into that trap. It's funny, my brother just enlightened me last night that in the Tom Brady era the Pats have only swept the division twice (despite being the superior team 99% of the time). (Bleep) happens

...Because we are clearly an 8-8 team and we Brady can't throw the deep ball.

Another year. Another year our Patriots embarrass the naysayers.

So let me say it. Are we a 13-3 team? I think so.

Raiders: W
Dolphins: W
Bills: W
Dolphins: W
Steelers: W
Bills: L
Jets: W

My projection anyway.
Why would this team lose to Buffalo at home?

Be careful, don't fall into that trap. It's funny, my brother just enlightened me last night that in the Tom Brady era the Pats have only swept the division twice (despite being the superior team 99% of the time). (Bleep) happens

In reality, sure, it's quite possible we lose a game or three. When I project the matchups, however, as independent events, then I favor the Patriots in each of the remaining games.

I thought BUF was going to at least sustain somewhat they ballhawking ways but my god the wheels have come off. They should finish 7-9. I still think games @ BUF in Dec are always a challenge but the Pats should win both.

The Raiders are not playing with any confidence. As long as the keep Carr under control somewhat it should be a W in Mexico.

MIA stinks. 2 more wins.

Jets @ home-W

With those games they should be 13-2.

Pitt....I can't figure out. They will most likely finish 13-3 or 12-4. Their D is better but not sure Haden will be back vs NE. Roeth and Bell have not been their typical highly productive selves. With that said Bryant is back and hes a handful.

I think NE is better. Another SHOULD win but its in Pitt. However NE owns Pitt.

14-2 is well within reach.

If the Steelers are the same team I just watched yesterday against Indy, that game will be over by halftime.

steve smith said on NFLN that all the pats did was play themselves back into the conversation. he said the Chiefs are the best team in the afc (despite losing 3 in a row). and the steelers are next in line.....its so funny hearing these mediots trying to wish the pats into not being good.

I dont see how brady doesnt torch the steelers again like he always has

The squealers have been one of the luckiest teams this season. It's getting irritating. A chance for the titans to show if they're the real deal this thursday.

steve smith said on NFLN that all the pats did was play themselves back into the conversation. he said the Chiefs are the best team in the afc (despite losing 3 in a row). and the steelers are next in line.....its so funny hearing these mediots trying to wish the pats into not being good.

I dont see how brady doesnt torch the steelers again like he always has

Lol. When did he say that? Nobody should be impressed with the squealers.

In reality, sure, it's quite possible we lose a game or three. When I project the matchups, however, as independent events, then I favor the Patriots in each of the remaining games.

I don't like the stretch in December where we play @BUF, @Mia, then @PITT.

Back to back road games are tough for any team. Back to back to back road game are going to be a challenge for any team particularly when the 3rd game of that stretch is against a team who currently is 7-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes