PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So we losing 6 of our next 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you may be underestimating teams like the Rams and Saints due to their sudden emergence.
I think the Rams are a good young team which will do nothing in the playoffs.

I'm sold on NO offense but not the defense.

I think the Rams are a good young team which will do nothing in the playoffs.

I'm sold on NO offense but not the defense.
Their defense is legit. Brees has actually been the weak link or that team the last few weeks, believe it or not.

All signs are pointing to a bye week and two frozen playoff games in Foxboro for two unfortunate teams in January....The Greatest To Have Ever Lived and To Have Ever Laced Up NFL Cleats wants to tie the Steelers in Rings All by himself...As the weather gets colder, the better we get...Let's lock up the 1-seed and rest guys on week 17....Let's Go !!!!

Their defense is legit. Brees has actually been the weak link or that team the last few weeks, believe it or not.

Good cover guys. Jordan and Okafor can get after it. I dont see them as stout really.

Yea Brees is only throwing the ball around 30 times a game which is way below average for him as they have been running the ball so well.

I agree with what other people have pointed out about the Chiefs, that both they and we will be different teams come January.

However, I don't think people should sleep on them. They beat us once and they'll have the confidence they can do so again. They'll still match up well with us when they have the ball and their pass rush always has a chance to get home, which is a historical recipe for beating us.

I still think we beat them, but I think they give us the most problems of any AFC team, moreso than the Steelers do. It actually might be a good thing that we played and lost to them early on, because that'll help Belichick convince the team to take them seriously if we play them again, and also gives us some film on individual matchups.

Good cover guys. Jordan and Okafor can get after it. I dont see them as stout really.

Yea Brees is only throwing the ball around 30 times a game which is way below average for him as they have been running the ball so well.

At this rate lattimore likely will win DROTY. Any other defensive rookies playing as well? I just wonder how these young QBs like wentz and goff will handle the bright lights of the playoffs. That's why I favor those teams with experience QBs.

Why would this team lose to Buffalo at home?
I was thinking Buffalo would be in a win it or be eliminated from playoff contention and play their hearts out.

If they lose next week, they will likely keep sliding anyway.

All signs are pointing to a bye week and two frozen playoff games in Foxboro for two unfortunate teams in January....The Greatest To Have Ever Lived and To Have Ever Laced Up NFL Cleats wants to tie the Steelers in Rings All by himself...As the weather gets colder, the better we get...Let's lock up the 1-seed and rest guys on week 17....Let's Go !!!!

I'd be happy with the #1 seed but just about as happy with the #2 seed/the other bye. And week 17 no matter what will see top players play up to a half unless someone has a nagging injury that needs rest (MB for example).

Unfortunately I doubt a bye is locked up and no seed change possible by the end of week 16.
Consider: If KC is one game behind in week 16? We can't lose week 17. KC plays the doormat Giants next and they wrap up the season with 3 games at home then a playoff eliminated Denver (in Denver). For Pitt, 5 of their last 7 are at home with the 2 road games consisting of the cannon fodder Texans and in Cincinnati (a team that can't seem to figure out they are playing football and not in a Battle Royale Elimination match PPV event).

If we run the table thru week 16?? then week 17 likely sees Brady play only a half or less. Anything short of running the table through week 16 (especially if it's a loss to Pitt) likely means week 17 will be a must win to lock up the seed position (unless we play an afternoon game and KC or Pitt lose morning games -- but I think Roger Goody schedules away from those situations).

Regardless, IMHO, needing week 17 off is a bit overrated. Get the Bye! and get the full 2 weeks before playing the next game. That is more than good for greasing the slide to 6.

Pittsburgh has 4 prime time night games in a row. Has that ever happened before? Hopefully the pressure gets to them and they melt down a bit.

Pittsburgh has 4 prime time night games in a row. Has that ever happened before? Hopefully the pressure gets to them and they melt down a bit.
Inb4 Pitt claims "Primetimegate". BB forced his cheating hands yet again and now controls the schedule!

...to the healthy, belong the spoils...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes